This bundle features the ultra-compact Zeapon Micro 2 Micro Rail Slider and the dedicated EasyLock 2 Low-Profile Mount with Ball Head, which works as a desktop/ground stand for the slider. The slider is 13" long but provides a 21" travel distance for up to 17.5 lb loads thanks to its dual-slide, extended-length design. Because of its dual-slide design, the Micro 2 slider is unable to have integrated desktop/ground feet. The EasyLock instead provides this support. It features tilt-adjustable feet that compensate for slightly uneven surfaces so you can use the slider on most surfaces. The ball head that comes included with the EasyLock can be attached to the top of the slider to support your camera.
Zeapon Micro 2 Micro Rail Slider
In a very compact design—just 13" long—the Micro 2 Micro Rail Slider from Zeapon allows you to perform smooth manual slides across a travel distance of 21". It's small enough to fit in most bags, and it can be used for close-up and mid-range shots with loads up to 17.5 lb.
The Micro 2 achieves its extended length travel via a dual-slide design. The slider works at the push of your hand. As you manually push the rails, the belt in the center pulls the camera platform a distance of 11". At the same time, the rails themselves move in the same direction but at a slower pace. Ultimately, after the camera platform reaches the end of its road, the rails will still be moving, until they reach the end of their road. Altogether, you get 21" of movement, about double the length of the handy slider. And at no point do the rails and camera platform overlap in such a way that rails are picked up by the lens. Also, all the movement is achieved with fluid-damping-based friction technology which ensures that the motion is smooth and consistent, in accordance with how much pressure you apply when pushing.
The slider offers a 1/4"-20 mounting screw where you can attach a 1/4"-20 compatible ball head or tripod head. On the bottom, it provides a 3/8"-16 tripod mount thread, and a 3/8"-16 to 1/4"-20 reducer is included, so you get compatibility with just about all tripods and other camera supports on the market. The Micro 2 slider can be used mounted on a tripod horizontally, slanted, or vertically, allowing you to perform a comprehensive variety of smooth shots with a highly portable slider.
While many other sliders have built-in feet, the Micro 2 slider supports a low-profile mounting platform called EasyLock, sold separately. Functioning like a multifeatured stand, this foldable add-on provides great flexibility in using the Micro 2 directly on a desktop or on the ground, even on uneven surfaces, while allowing the slider to maintain its dual-slide design.
- 13" length, 21" travel distance
- Fluid-damping-based friction technology
- 36 ball bearings for better pulley movement
- Polymer pulleys allowing a payload of 17.5 lb
- High-strength, fiber-reinforced rubber pulley belts
- Dust stoppers on each side of the slider keep dust and dirt from getting into the area where the bearings are; they also clear any dust away from the rails themselves every time a slide is performed
- 1/4"-20 mounting screw for ball head/tripod head attachment
- 3/8"-16 tripod mount thread (3/8"-16 to 1/4"-20 reducer included)
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- Locking mechanism—lock buttons on the side of the center component lock the slider and keep the rails from moving between shoots
Zeapon EasyLock 2 Low-Profile Mount with Ball Head
The Zeapon EasyLock 2 is designed for a few purposes. It can be used as a stand for the Zeapon Micro 2 Micro Rail Slider, sold separately, in order to support the slider on desktop and ground surfaces. Or it can be used as a low-profile desktop/ground support for your camera alone, in place of something like a mini tripod or a low hat. In either case, its tiltable feet can be adjusted to compensate for slightly uneven surfaces. Also, the EasyLock provides a convenient way of moving the slider or the camera from a tripod directly to a desktop/ground surface. Included with the EasyLock is an Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plate that makes tripod mounting even more convenient. An Allen key-type wrench for the plate is supplied that comes fixed hidden on the bottom of the EasyLock. Also included is a tilt and swivel ball head. When the EasyLock is used with the slider, the ball head can be mounted on top of the slider to support a camera. When the EasyLock is used with a camera only, the ball head can be used to support the camera. The EasyLock has a weight capacity of 33 lb while the ball head supports up to 17.5 lb.
The EasyLock features four legs that can be set as wide apart as you need for different surfaces, and the feet are tiltable. The legs are also foldable. They tuck completely under the mounting surface so that the EasyLock can be packed away very compact. The mounting platform is about 8" in length. When the EasyLock is used with the Micro 2 slider, which is 13" in length, it provides secure support since it has a relatively large platform. The Micro 2 slider doesn't have legs/feet of its own because it's an extendable slider with a dual-slide design without room for legs, so the EasyLock provides the only way of using it on desktop and ground surfaces.
The EasyLock and ball head both offer a 1/4"-20 mounting screw, and a 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 adapter is included for converting the EasyLock screw to 3/8"-16 in order to support 3/8"-16-mount tripod heads and other support gear.
- Desktop/ground stand for the Zeapon Micro 2 Micro Rail Slider
- Low-profile desktop/ground support for a camera alone, as an alternative to a mini tripod or low hat
- Tiltable feet can be adjusted to compensate for slightly uneven surfaces
- Provides a convenient way of moving the slider or the camera from a tripod directly to a desktop/ground surface
- Includes Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plate
- EasyLock weight capacity: 33 lb
- Ball head weight capacity: 17.5 lb
- 1/4"-20 mounting screws
- 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 screw adapter included
- Foldable legs for compact storage