This Adapter Mount Format PowerGND 0.45 Filter for Sigma MC-11 Lens Mount Adapter from Aurora Aperture is a graduated neutral density filter that helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A graduated neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is able to filter the sky while minimizing its effect on the land. It is particularly useful where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image, and this filter provides up to a 1.5-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
This graduated neutral density filter is mounted within a durable aluminum alloy filter frame that is made specifically to fit within a separately available Sigma MC-11 Lens Mount Adapter. By mounting an Aurora Aperture Adapter Mount Format Filter inside a compatible lens mount adapter, that filter can be used for multiple lenses even if those lenses have differing or nonexistent front filter threads.
Constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity, each of this filter's glass surfaces are multi-coated to prevent ghosting as well as reflections. The nano coating associated with the Adapter Mount Format PowerGND 0.45 Filter for Sigma MC-11 Lens Mount Adapter provides an additional layer that allows for more efficient cleaning when its surfaces come in contact with dust, dirt, water, or oil.
- Compatible with separately available Sigma MC-11 Lens Mount Adapter
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Snap-in 0.45 graduated neutral density filter provides up to a 1.5-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image
- Constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity
- Multi-coated to prevent ghosting as well as reflections
- Nano coating allows for more efficient cleaning when the filter's surfaces come in contact with dust, dirt, water, or oil
- Durable aluminum alloy filter frame