This Adapter Mount Format PowerND 1.2 Filter for Sigma MC-21 Lens Mount Adapter from Aurora Aperture is an ND filter with a 16x filter factor that provides a 4-stop exposure reduction. Its 1.2 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you can control depth of field and convey movement more easily. This neutral density filter is mounted within a durable, aluminum alloy filter frame that is made specifically to fit within a separately available Sigma MC-21 Lens Mount Adapter. By mounting an Aurora Aperture Adapter Mount Format Filter inside a compatible lens mount adapter, that filter can be used for multiple lenses even if those lenses have differing or non-existent front filter threads.
This filter is constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity, and each glass surface is multi-coated to prevent ghosting as well as reflections. The nano coating associated with the Adapter Mount Format PowerND 1.2 Filter for Sigma MC-21 Lens Mount Adapter provides an additional layer that allows for more efficient cleaning when its surfaces come in contact with dust, dirt, water, or oil.
- Compatible with separately available Sigma MC-21 Lens Mount Adapter
- Snap-in 1.2 neutral density filter darkens the image by 4 stops, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image
- Constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity
- Multi-coated to prevent ghosting as well as reflections
- Nano coating allows for more efficient cleaning when the filter's surfaces come in contact with dust, dirt, water, or oil
- Durable, aluminum alloy filter frame