The Spectrum Intelligent Filter from Source Audio is a simple-to-use, plug-and-play pedal that offers easy access to tones inspired by rare vintage envelope filter effects pedals. In addition, this versatile pedal offers distorted, octave, and envelope-phaser settings for a wide range of special effects and synth-like tones.
The pedal's four-knob control surface gives you access to eight different parameters via the Alt button. Use the Input Gain, Sensitivity, and Speed controls to dial in the desired envelope response for your performance style. With settings ranging from a slow and smooth envelope movement for heavier playing to a quick moving filter that responds to light picking, the Spectrum offers a wide variety of filter possibilities for numerous musical genres.
The Frequency, Resonance, Depth, and Mix controls provide additional parameters for even more control over the color and character of your filter effects—helping you sculpt the exact tone you're looking for quickly and easily. Additional adjustments can be made via the free Neuro software for Mac and Windows computers or the app for iOS and Android mobile devices. The app and USB port also provide access to additional preset libraries. A power supply and four rubber feet are included.
Six Onboard Presets
- Choose from six different onboard envelope filter effects.
- Vintage sounds include effects inspired by the iconic Mu-Tron and Lovetone Meatball pedals, as well as contemporary envelopes with thumping octave-down effects and buzzing synth-like tones.
Simple 4-Knob Control Panel
- Adjust 8 different parameters with 4 knobs.
- Primary controls include Input Level, Modulation Depth, Frequency Starting Point, and Envelope Speed.
- Alternate controls (accessible by pressing the ALT button) include Envelope Sensitivity, Wet/Dry Mix, Resonance, and Output Volume.
Excellent Envelope Filter Response
- Use the Input Gain, Sensitivity, and Speed controls to dial in the perfect envelope response for your needs.
- Maybe you like slow and smooth envelope movement while you really dig-in on the strings, or possibly you want a quick moving filter that responds to light picking—either way is achievable with the Spectrum.
Growing Library of Published Presets
- For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Spectrum Neuro community.
Unprecedented Sound-Sculpting Options
- The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration possibilities.
- Use Neuro’s additional filter, octave, and distortion blocks to create highly unique effects.
- The Spectrum's octave effect offers lightning quick response.
128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets
- The addition of a third party MIDI controller with USB host provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 Factory presets.¿
Stereo Inputs and Outputs
- Use the Neuro Editor’s panning controls to route each Voice to any location in a full stereo spread.
- The durable anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware.
- The dimensions are: L: 4.5" x W: 2.75" x H: 2" (including knobs).
- Select either analog buffered or relay-based True Bypass
- Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the Spectrum to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host.
- The USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
External Expression and Tap Tempo Control
- Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (adjust LFO rates on the fly).