This NiSi 100 x 150mm Explorer Medium-Edge Graduated IRND 0.9 Filter is compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters. It helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a medium-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a medium-edged line of transition can filter the sky while minimizing its effect on the land. It is particularly useful for images that include elements like rooftops and mountains that protrude into the sky. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image, and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
NiSi Explorer filters are constructed from tempered, Schott B270 glass for shock resistance as well as increased optical clarity and color fidelity. The design of this filter has also been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. To provide a high level of neutrality across the visible and infrared spectrums to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks when using the 100 x 150mm Explorer Medium-Edge Graduated IRND 0.9 Filter, one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating is applied to each of this filter's surfaces. The nano coating associated with this filter also results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency.
A padded nylon pouch is included for storage and transport.
- Compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Medium-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images that include elements like rooftops and mountains that protrude into the sky
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Each surface includes one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating that attenuates infrared light as well as visible wavelengths to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure times
- Tempered Schott B270 glass construction for shock resistance as well as increased optical clarity and color fidelity
- Nano coating provides an improved beading effect with water or oil for more efficient cleaning
- Padded, nylon pouch for storage and transport