In comparison to the CiNX 3 head, Miller's CiNX 5 Fluid Head offers 7 + 0 steps of pan and tilt drag and a slightly higher payload of 4.4 to 46.2 lb, while counterbalance remains at 16 steps. The CiNX series is designed with a strength-to-size ratio that provides an optimal solution for supported load capacities. At the same time, the drag and counterbalance systems offer progressive and equal increments of drag and torque to ensure ultra-soft starts and stops and balanced diagonal transitions. In this regard, the additional two steps of drag allow for even smoother and more effective operation.
The CiNX 5 features a 3/8"-16 threaded flat base and includes a 100mm bowl claw adapter. Optional 150mm bowl or Mitchell base adapters from Miller are also supported.
The pan/tilt controls and a bubble level are all illuminated at the press of an illumination button. The CiNX 5 comes with a GP23A-type battery already installed for illumination but supports multiple other types as you will find in the user manual.
For ultimate efficiency with heavy cameras, the CiNX 5 has a sideload camera plate platform with a safety lock, and it comes with an ARRI-type camera plate that can be adjusted approximately 6". It also includes a rosette-mount telescopic pan handle while supporting two in total for dual-handed operation. On the sides, it provides four anti-twist ARRI accessory mounts. The head is made of lightweight yet high-strength die-cast aluminum and rigid composite polymers. It's finished with a durable black ripple and anti-corrosive pretreatment. It also has water- and dust-resistant sealing.
The head also has a very wide operating temperature range of -40 to 149°F.
- Fluid drag system with smooth start and soft stop technology and balanced diagonal transitions
- 3/8"-16 threaded flat base
- Includes a 100mm bowl claw adapter (optional 150mm bowl or Mitchell base adapters supported)
- 16 steps counterbalance
- Payload range of 4.4 to 46.2 lb
- 8 steps of pan and tilt drag; illuminated controls
- Sideload platform with safety lock
- 5.9" camera plate sliding range
- Four anti-twist ARRI accessory mounts
- Illuminated bubble level
- Pan handle included; optional second one supported
- Wide operating temperature range of -40 to 149°F