Part of Steiner's M series of scopes designed for military and tactical applications, the Coyote Brown 1-8x24 M8Xi Riflescope gives you the flexibility you need to quickly and easily transition from close quarter to longer-range situations.
The low magnification provides near reflex sight performance on 1x power with the wide field of view, simple reticle layout, and fast target acquisition you need for CQB while still offering a maximum 8x zoom that allows you to clearly see and identify targets at longer ranges. This versatility allows operators to quickly move from clearing rooms to outdoor engagements with ease and efficiency. A simple reticle design provides an open and uncluttered field of view—ideal at low power in close quarters—and its first focal plane ensures that its subtensions remain consistent throughout the entire zoom range. Complementing the reticle are exposed tactical turrets that provide a precise 0.1 MRAD impact point correction with audible and tactical clicks and a broad 26 MRAD elevation adjustment range.
To withstand the rigors of daily training and tactical engagements, it is outfitted with a robust 34mm maintube that also permits the broad elevation adjustment range. The aluminum alloy tube is purged with nitrogen to make it fogproof in extreme conditions and submersible to a depth of 33 feet, and it has a broad operating temperature from a bone-chilling -40°F up to a sweltering 160°F. A matte Coyote Brown anodized finish protects the maintube from scratches and corrosion and limits its reflection to ensure a reflective flare won't give away a position accidentally. With rail space always at a premium, the scope's short length leaves plenty of room on your rail for additional optics, thermal imagers, or night vision devices.
- 1-8x magnification range provides near reflex sight target acquisition and tracking on low power with the ability to place shot precisely at longer range
- 24mm objective lens keeps the profile low for fast movement and freer mobility in the field
- Broadband anti-reflection coatings maximize light transmission to improve color, clarity, and contrast
- Wide 96-foot field of view at 100 yards on 1x, 14-foot on 8x
DMR8i Reticle Details
- Hybrid German-crosshair design leaves an uncluttered and mostly clear field of view
- Bright illuminated center aiming dot is easy to see in all light conditions
- First focal plane placement is favored by tactical professionals as it maintains accurate reticle subtensions at all magnifications, eliminating the need to recalculate when zoom setting is changed
- Short open outer posts draw the eye toward the center without obstructing the view
- Hash marks to calculate BDC at multiple distances and adjust for wind without having to touch the turrets
- Graduated scale on lower vertical axis provides various aiming points for shooting at various distances with the ability to estimate the size of a target
- Powered by one CR2032 battery
Use and Handling
- Exposed tactical turrets enable fast adjustments in the field with audible and tactile clicks for precise adjustments without taking eyes off the target
- Precise 0.1 MRAD per click impact point correction
- Broad 26 MRAD elevation adjustment range is ideal for longer-range applications, with 6 MRAD windage adjustment
- Side-focus parallax adjustment
- 3.5" eye relief minimizes eyestrain
- Comfortable exit pupil at all magnifications
- Sturdy 34mm single-piece maintube maximizes light throughput and provides the room required for the wide elevation adjustment range
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
- Matte Coyote Brown anodized finish resists reflections to maintain cover position
- Short 10.8" tube leaves room on rail for additional gear like lights, lasers, and NVDs
- Nitrogen filled and sealed to be fogproof in extreme conditions and submersible to a depth of 33'
- Broad -40 to 160°F operating temperature range ensures peak performance in all climates and conditions