Configured to reap the video benefits of the camera, the Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Mirrorless Digital Camera Filmmaker's Kit from B&H bundles the cine-optimized full-frame camera body with a Sigma MC-21 Mount Converter for attaching EF-mount lenses to the camera, a Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer, and an Atomos Ninja V 5" 4K HDMI recording monitor. Additionally included are a pair of 64GB SDXC memory cards, a 500GB SSD drive, a power kit, a USB 3.1 Type-C to SATA adapter, a monitor mount, and an HDMI cable to complement the Ninja V.
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Full-frame mirrorless with a serious penchant for video, the Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H is clearly distinguished by its impressive video capabilities, but also features notable flexibility to suit multimedia applications along with an especially durable design. The full-frame 24.2MP CMOS sensor affords versatile performance to suit both video and stills, with a broad 14-stop dynamic range, sensitivity from ISO 100-51200, and adept processing to realize high color accuracy, responsive recording, and a broad array of video capabilities. Using nearly the full sensor, 3:2-format 6K24p video recording is supported, along with 16:9 5.9K30p and both DCI and UHD 4K60p settings with internal 4:2:2 10-bit sampling. Inspired by broadcast cameras, the S1H also uses the updated sensor design to provide Dual Native ISO settings that prioritize either low noise or low sensitivity in order to realize imagery quality with greater color fidelity and reduced noise. Variable Frame Rate (VFR) recording also permits using slow and quick motion effects and High Frame Rate (HFR) settings allow the use of higher frame rates in conjunction with 10-bit sampling. Additionally, V-Log has been pre-installed, and a Hybrid Log Gamma is also available for achieving greater detail when recording, and to benefit color grading during post-production.
In terms of still photography, the S1H isn't lacking with an impressive 9 fps continuous shooting rate with AF-S, or 6 fps with AF-C. In the cases where 24MP isn't quite enough, a specialized High Resolution mode can be used to boost the effective resolution to 96MP by compositing sequential shots together. Also benefitting stills, as well as video, is a 225-area Depth from Defocus (DFD) contrast-detection autofocus system that achieves quick and precise focusing and subject tracking. Additionally, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 6 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
Beyond the imaging attributes, the S1H is also characterized by its body design, which incorporates an impressively high resolution 5.76m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder along with a 3.2" 2.33m-dot tilt free-angle touchscreen LCD. The magnesium alloy body is weather-sealed to permit working in harsh conditions and has a 1.8" top status LCD for reviewing shooting settings on the fly. Dual SD memory card slots offer flexible storage capabilities and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity afford remote camera control along with wireless image transferring to tablets and smartphones.
24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- Optimized for video applications, the S1H is distinguished by its ability to record 10-bit 6K (5952 x 3968) video at 24.00 in 3:2 format using nearly the full area of the full-frame sensor, along with 5.9K (5888 x 3312) video at 29.97p in 16:9. When recording DCI and UHD 4K video, up to 29.97p, internal 4:2:2 10-bit sampling is possible, and when working with a Super 35mm area of the sensor, frame rates up to 59.94p are available. Full HD and Anamorphic 4K recording settings are also supported at up to 119.88p and 48.00p, respectively.
- Borrowing from Panasonic's broadcast line of video cameras, Dual Native ISO helps to achieve a balanced combination of low noise and high sensitivity to better suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Two dedicated circuits are provided for each pixel: a Low ISO circuit provides base sensitivities of ISO 100 for normal use, ISO 640 when V-Log is applied, ISO 400 when HLG is applied, and ISO 200 when Cinelike D2/V2 is applied; a Low Noise circuit provides base sensitivities of ISO 640 for normal use, ISO 4000 when V-Log is applied; ISO 2500 when HLG is applied, and ISO 1250 when Cinelike D2/V2 is applied.
- Optimizing your recording for post-production color adjustment, the S1H features a pair of gamma settings suited to capturing a wide dynamic range. V-Log has been pre-installed on this camera and is used to capture a flat, neutral gamma curve well-suited for grading. Additionally, a High Dynamic Range mode, and Hybrid Log Gamma, can be used to record greater detail in both the shadow and highlight regions of a scene. Additional picture styles are available to provide a more gradable image, such as Cinelike V and Cinelike D, as well as an in-camera LUT to make monitoring easier.
- Simultaneous internal recording and external recording via HDMI is possible: DCI/UHD 4K is possible at 59.94p with 4:2:2 10-bit output and 4:2:0 10-bit internal or DCI/UHD 4K is possible at 29.97p/23.98p with 4:2:2 10-bit output and internal recording.
- Variable Frame Rate (VFR) adjustments can be used to produce slow and quick motion effects from 30x to -7.5x. High Frame Rate (HFR) shooting, in 4:2:0 10-bit, is also supported, with audio recording and autofocus, which enables shooting Full HD video at 180p and DCI/UHD 4K at 59.94p.
- In-camera time lapse video creation is possible, allowing you to photograph scenes over time with an interval timer, then composite the stills into a 4K60p video with in-camera exposure smoothing.
- Suitable for worldwide use, selectable system frequencies of 59.94 Hz, 50 Hz, or 24 Hz are available.
- An SMPTE-compliant time code can be embedded for easier syncing of footage from multiple cameras.
- Color bars and a 1 kHz test tone can be used as benchmarks for configuring camera settings.
- Used in conjunction with other members of the L-Mount Alliance, the L lens mount is a versatile interface with a mount diameter of 51.6mm and a flange distance of 20mm for working with a broad range of optics.
- An impressive Real View Finder is a high-resolution 5.76m-dot OLED EVF offering a clear 0.78x configurable viewing magnification along with a smooth 60 fps or 120 fps changeable refresh rate, 0.005 sec lag, and 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Large 3.2" 2.33m-dot touchscreen LCD is a bright, clear, and intuitive means for live view shooting as well as playback and menu navigation. The screen features a unique tilt & free-angle design where it can tilt along the lens axis or can be flipped outward to the side and freely adjusted to suit working from more extreme high and low angles. Live View Boost is a dedicated viewing mode for working in low-light conditions, where the viewing sensitivity can be increased to aid in composing your image, and a Night Mode also benefits working in dark conditions by lowering the screen's backlight intensity and overlaying a red filter to better preserve night-adjusted vision.
- In addition to the rear LCD, a top 1.8" 303 x 230-dot status LCD can also be used for quickly reviewing shooting settings, even when the camera is powered off. Additionally, an enhanced graphical user interface can be optimized for video applications and include exposure settings such as shutter angle or shutter speed and ISO or gain, depending on application.
- Internal heat-dissipating fan helps prevent overheating and enables unlimited video recording times. The fan can be set to Auto 1, where the fan is initiated once a temperature rise is detected; Auto 2, where the fan is kept off for as long as possible to prioritize silence; Normal; and Slow.
- Durable, weather-sealed magnesium alloy construction is splash, dust, and freezeproof to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- Front and rear tally lamps can be used to visually indicate recording and standby settings for faster visual recognition by subjects and camera operators.
- Ergonomic design provides a large, comfortable right-hand grip along with easily accessible physical controls, an eight-way joystick, and a refined overall UI design for intuitive use. Additionally, illuminated buttons aid settings adjustment in low-light conditions and a lock lever prevents unwanted settings changes.
- Dual UHS-II-compatible SD memory card slots offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- A USB Type-C port allows for fast file transferring as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, an HDMI Type-A port benefits video applications, a 2.5mm port can be used with the optional DMW-RS2 Remote Shutter, 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs, and a PC sync port can be used for wired flash synchronization.
- PC flash sync terminal doubles as a TC in/out socket and an included BNC conversion enables syncing time code settings with an external device for multi-camera setups.
- Optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection.
- DMW-BLJ31 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated for approximately 400 shots per charge when working with the rear monitor, 380 shots per charge with the EVF, and 1150 shots per charge when Power Save LVF mode is on.
- High precision shutter mechanism offers a top mechanical speed of 1/8000 sec, a flash sync speed of 1/320 sec, and has been tested for approximately 400,000 actuations.
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
DFD Autofocus System
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation. Other AF features include an AF Point Scope setting that temporarily magnifies the subject by 3x to 10x for confirmation of the focus position and a custom selectable AF zone for Multi AF / Custom Multi AF.
6K and 4K PHOTO
- Burst: This mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 or 18MP frame.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Complementing the camera's wireless connectivity, Lumix Sync is an iOS and Android app designed to pair with the camera for smartphone or tablet-based remote shooting control and wireless image transferring.
Other Camera Features
- By using sensor-shift stabilization technology, the S1H features a High Resolution mode to capture and compile eight separate exposure to create a single 96MP raw or JPEG file. Suitable for static subjects and when working on a tripod, this mode creates a more highly detailed and color accurate image than a single shot alone can produce and produces an image with a 12000 x 8000-pixel resolution.
- HLG Photo mode offers increased dynamic range for improved detail in shadow and highlight regions of the image. When working in HLG Photo mode, images can be saved as an HSP file in either 4K or full resolution, in addition to JPEG and raw formats, for vivid playback on 4K televisions.
- In addition to conventional 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 16:9 ratios, photos can also be recorded in 65:24 and 2:1 panoramic formats.
- I.S. Status Scope helps to recognize the type of camera shake being caused by displaying an arrow in the viewfinder or on the rear LCD.
- Flicker Decrease automatically detects the frequency/flicker of artificial lighting and activates the shutter at peak brightness moments to render exposures with consistent exposure and color.
- Helping to contain bright highlights, Highlight Weighted Metering mode prioritizes highlight values when making an exposure metering in order to prevent scenes from blowing out.
- Offering more versatility than standard Auto White Balance (AWB), an AWBw setting will retain a reddish warm tint while AWBc offers a cooler, bluish tint.
- Lumix Tether enables wired, tethered shooting capabilities via USB connection between the camera and a computer. Aside from offering a larger live view preview, this application also permits remotely triggering the shutter, use of 6K and 4K Photo modes, and video recording start/stop.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Flat, Landscape, Portrait, Monochrome, L. Monochrome, L. Monochrome D, Cinelike D, Cinelike V, Like709, Standard (HLG), Monochrome (HLG), Like2100, and My Photo Style.
Atomos Ninja V 5" 4K HDMI Recording Monitor
The Atomos Ninja V 5" 4K HDMI Recording Monitor is a 5" on-camera monitor/recorder that records and plays back DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video from purpose-built mini-SSDs. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m², which makes it suitable for use in both exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remaining unaltered.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja V features an aluminum chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools, as well as anamorphic de-squeeze. A power supply and SSD Caddy are included with the unit.
Designed with an interface that differs somewhat from prior units, the Ninja V's HDR functions are accessed through the MON buttons and its ProRes options are chosen via the arrows on the unit's upper left corner. The Ninja V can record to both AtomX SSDmini or standard 2.5" SSD drives, fitting up to 150 minutes of 4K video on an 1TB drive. Separately available AtomX Ethernet/NDI and SYNC Expansion Modules enable you to output live video over IP or add wireless timecode for multicamera shoots respectively.
Supported Log Formats
- ARRI Log C
- Canon CLog / CLog 2
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog
- Sony SLog2 / SLog3
- Panasonic Vlog
- RED LogFilm
- ARRI Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320/ LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600
- Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog1
- Panasonic Vlog
- PQ10k, HLG
- RED LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12
- Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3
- ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut
- Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC LS300
- Panasonic V Gamut
- Rec. 2100
- Rec. 709
- RED DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / BT2020
- Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec. 709 on screen
- Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec. 709 / BT2020 / DCI P3 on loop out
4K 60p Capabilities
5" Daylight Viewable Screen
HDR Signal Management
Optional Expansion Modules
Sigma MC-21 Mount Converter/Lens Adapter (Sigma EF-Mount Lenses to L-Mount Camera)
The MC-21 Mount Converter enables the use of Sigma EF-mount lenses on L-mount mirrorless camera bodies, and maintains full lens performance, including autofocus in AF-S mode and auto-exposure, as well as in-camera correction and image stabilization technologies. An integrated LED can be used to display select Sigma lens compatibility with the adapted camera body, and the adapter also has pre-loaded lens data to support peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration, and distortion corrective functions. In order to maintain a high degree of image quality, the interior of the adapter is flocked to reduce reflections, and it also retains full EXIF data to benefit post-production and file management. Additionally, a removable tripod mount is included for more stable mounting when working with heavier lenses.
Per Sigma, this Mount Converter/Lens Adapter is compatible with a select number of Sigma's own EF-mount lenses, and may or may not be suitable for use with other manufacturers' EF-mount lenses.
12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art
14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art
24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art
24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art
24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art
60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports
100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary
120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports
150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary
14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art
20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art
85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art
500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports
17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary
18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary
18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Contemporary
50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
30mm f/1.4 DC HSM Art
Angelbird AtomX SSDmini (500GB)
This 500GB Angelbird AtomX SSDmini is custom designed to fit into a variety of Atomos products, while maintaining high data throughput rates necessary for a 4K workflow. It fits perfectly into the Atomos Ninja V, Ninja Flame, Ninja Inferno, and Shogun Inferno. An optional adapter handle enables using this SSD with the Shogun Studio, Sumo 19, and Sumo 19M.
Although 20% smaller than an average SSD, the SSDmini makes no concession to size and features formidable 560/500 MB/s read and write speeds. Incorporating Stable Stream technology so you don't drop any frames. The SATA III connector enables connecting to a standard SATA III port when it is time to transfer your footage.
- CDNG up to 4k30p
- ProRes RAW HQ 5.7K up to 30p
- 4k60p and 2k240p
- Apple ProRes: 4k60p and 2k240p
- Avid DNx: 4k60p and 2k240p
- Apple ProRes RAW: 5.7k30p, 4k60p and 2k240p
- CDNG: 4k30p
Atomos Power Kit for Atomos Monitors Recorders
The Atomos Power Kit includes two NP-F750 5200mAh batteries, a charger, and a power adapter for for Atomos Monitors Recorders, such as the Shogun Inferno and Flame.
Angelbird C-SATA USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C to SATA Adapter
The C-SATA USB 3.1 Type-C to SATA Adapter from Angelbird converts your internal hard drives and solid-state drives into an external drive, which can be used by computer systems featuring a USB Type-C port. The adapter is compatible with 2.5" and 3.5" drives sporting a SATA interface as well as systems running on a Windows, Mac, Linux, or Android operating system. Additionally, the adapter supports TRIM and UASP technologies, so the drive can maintain its performance and reliability.
The USB 3.1 Type-C interface transfers data at a rate of up to 10 Gb/s, while the SATA connector offers speeds of up to 6 Gb/s. For drives requiring additional power, a 12V port is on board, allowing you to connect an optional power adapter.
Atomos AtomFLEX HDMI (Type-A) Male to Micro-HDMI (Type-D) Male Coiled Cable (12 to 24")
The 12 to 24" AtomFLEX HDMI (Type-A) Male to Micro-HDMI (Type-D) Male Coiled Cable lets you transmit HDMI 2.0 signals between devices and components. The coiled design reduces clutter, and the die-cast metal micro-HDMI (type-D) connector provides a stable connection. This cable supports 4K video at up to 60 fps and HD video at up to 240 fps.
Angelbird 64GB Match Pack for the Panasonic GH5 & GH5S (2 x 64GB)
Designed for the Panasonic GH5 and GH5S cameras, the 64GB Match Pack from Angelbird bundles two 64GB AV Pro UHS-II SDXC memory cards together and takes advantage of the UHS-II bus to support sustained read speeds of 300 MB/s and sustained write speeds of 260 MB/s. This card has also been designed with the V90 Video Speed Class rating, which guarantees minimum write speeds of at least 90 MB/s. All of this allows for users to immerse themselves in 400 Mb/s, 4:2:2, 10-bit ALL-Intra recording for 4K, 3D, and Full HD video.
UHS-II media achieves its speed through an extra row of pins and while this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-II / V90 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-II / V90. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-II and V60, which supports minimum write speeds of 60 MB/s, UHS-II and V30, which supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s, or UHS-I and U3, which also supports minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support U3, this card is compatible with the U1 and Class 10 standards, each of which guarantees minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
Angelbird has engineered these cards with protection against shock, dust, water, temperature extremes, x-rays, and magnets, while a built-in write protect switch helps to safeguard recorded content from being deleted. Included is a basICColor Mini Target.
Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
The Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer has been upgraded over previous versions with newly optimized high-torque motors, a 9.25 lb weight capacity, and many other features. The high weight capacity allows for a much wider range of cameras to be used, as well as wider combinations of cameras and lenses. The Air 2 also supports the optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System, which comes in different versions to offer standard and automatic (with preset start/end points) focus and zoom control directly from the Air 2.
Another standout aspect of the Air 2 is that it clears and provides an unobstructed view of the camera LCD thanks to an angled motor arm. There is a total of 12 physical buttons for controlling the gimbal and camera, as well as adjusting settings such as shutter, aperture, and exposure compensation (where applicable). The joystick, smart wheel, and smart trigger controls are customizable in multiple combinations for different shooting styles. Most of the settings and customizations, as well as the gimbal status, are confirmed on an OLED display that provides intuitive information feedback.
The Air 2 features eight different operational modes, including single-axis and dual-axis modes such as pan follow and pan tilt follow (please see the Features section below for the full list). These modes allow for different shooting styles that Moza calls Sport Gear, FPV, Panorama, Tracking, and Inception styles. Inception, for example, allows you to rotate the camera as you push in on a subject.
The gimbal runs on four included lithium-ion 18650 batteries which provide up to 16 hours of runtime. The batteries are replaceable for continued operation. Designed with Moza's SPARK power supply system, the Air 2 has an input port that provides an alternate way of powering the gimbal, and three output ports for powering the camera and accessories using optional Moza adapter cables.
The Air 2 also offers various time-lapse functions including motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, and zoom time-lapse, each allowing you to achieve a different look. Other features include an efficient auto-tuning system that selects optimal parameters based on your total load.
The Air 2 is easy to balance thanks to visual markers and other identifiable information. It also has a mechanical memory quick release system that helps readjust the camera without having to rebalance the gimbal. For tripod mounting and attaching accessories, the Moza Air 2 provides a 3/8"-16 threaded hole on the front of the handle and 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes on the bottom.
- 9.25 lb weight capacity
- Support for optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System
- Provides unobstructed view of your camera's LCD
- 12 physical buttons for controlling the gimbal, camera, and settings
- Joystick, smart wheel, and smart trigger controls are customizable for different shooting styles
- OLED information feedback display
- 16-hour runtime off four included 18650 Li-Po batteries
- Input/output ports for powering the gimbal, camera, and accessories via optional Moza adapter cables
- Various time-lapse functions including motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, and zoom time-lapse
- Intelligent auto-tuning system
- Visual markers/identifiable information for balancing
- Mechanical memory quick release system
- 3/8"-16 threaded hole on the front of the gimbal handle and 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes on the bottom
8 Operational Modes
- Pan follow / tilt follow / roll follow
- All follow / all locked
- Roll tilt follow / roll pan follow / pan tilt follow
I/O Ports for Moza Adapter Cables
- 5.5mm 16 VDC input
- 2.0mm 7.8 VDC output
- 5.5mm 12 VDC output
- Multi CAN 7.8 VDC output