Compact and Fast Zoom for APS-C
Positioned as the workhorse lens for APS-C, the Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G is a flexible wide-angle to portrait-length zoom featuring a bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. Covering a versatile range, this sleek lens is well-positioned for a wide variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraiture, and its portable size makes it a go-to lens for everyday shooting.
G Lens Series
- Four aspherical elements, including two AA (Advanced Aspherical) elements, help to greatly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to accurately render scenes with a high degree of sharpness.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Wide-to-portrait-length 16-55mm zoom is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-82.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture enables greater control over depth of field and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Handling
- XD Linear Motor system provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that suits both photo and video applications.
- Linear Response manual focus control offers more natural handling and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
Compact and Durable Design
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Portable design measures 4" long and weighs just over 1 lb, making it an ideal companion for the smaller size of APS-C camera bodies.