Available here as a 1-week license, the SurCode for Dolby E Decoder is a plug-in that offers the unique ability to decode Dolby E files back to discrete PCM data in a convenient software plug-in format. The plug-in is the perfect way to integrate Dolby E into existing workflows on different audio workstations, in different studios and in various formats.
The Dolby E decoder plug-in appears in the insert chain on a Pro Tools channel strip with all other AAX or RTAS plug-ins and will decode the audio in sync with the Pro Tools timeline. This method is far more time conserving than using external hardware. It's as simple as dropping the decoder into your Pro Tools mixer and selecting a Dolby E file. In a single pass, you can decode all 8 channels of a Dolby E stream. The software will also work with NLEs and DAWs supporting VST files.
Key Features at a Glance
- Supports all Dolby E encoder program configurations including 5.1 + 2
- Dolby E Data bit depth of 20- or 16-bit
- Up to 8 output channels per file or stream
- Export DBMD chunk, XML, or text metadata
- Provides both peak & RMS metering (AAX, VST, RTAS & AudioSuite only)
- Pro Tools, Media Composer & NewsCutter AudioSuite
- Cross-platform VST & Final Cut Pro Export
- Windows/Mac standalone
- Display & update Dolby E + per-program metadata
- Save user-defined presets