The MixPre-3 II Multitrack Field Recorder and Audio Bag Kit from B&H is a portable digital multitrack recorder and audio bag designed to provide flexible high-resolution recording and efficient access and transport for sound designers, videographers, and field recordists on set or in various indoor and outdoor production locations.
The recorder sports several upgrades over the previous model, including 32-bit recording and 32-bit USB streaming to ensure audio that's virtually free of distortion as well as a built-in timecode generator. The relatively compact recorder also doubles as a USB interface, giving you Kashmir microphone preamplifiers, timecode compatibility, advanced and basic navigation modes, and more.
The Stingray MixPro easily and securely houses the MixPre-3 II and provides additional compartments for battery packs, power supplies, cables, and more. Its padded shoulder strap delivers comfort during long shoots and sessions. The bag provides full access to the recorder, multilayered walls, a removable front pouch, and space for up to four wireless receivers.
For independent filmmakers, field recordists, and podcasters who need pristine audio capture of up to three microphones, the Sound Devices MixPre-3 II multitrack field recorder is an ideal tool. Record up to three tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones. If you choose to use the MixPre-3 II as your studio interface, you'll be able to achieve sample rates up to 96 kHz
The MixPre-3 II offers many upgrades over its predecessor. Chief among these features is the ability to record at 32-bit floating point to an internal SD card. The unit also functions as an audio interface capable of 32-bit floating point streaming over USB to a Mac computer. This makes it nearly impossible for you to clip (distort) audio on the way in. Whether you're recording hot or making use of the unit's astounding 142 dB dynamic range, you'll only be handicapped by the quality of your microphone.
Other improvements include the ability to auto-copy recorded tracks to USB thumb drives, making file transfers a breeze. Lovers of sync will revel in a handy new feature: a full-fledged, built-in timecode generator, accurate to better than 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames in 24 hours). Even when powered off, the MixPre-3 II maintains accurate timecode for up to four hours.
All of this is available in a three-channel package that can be powered from wall chargers, computers, AA batteries, or Sony L-series batteries. Whether you use the device in an advanced or basic capacity, the MixPre-3 II will suit any intimate, field-based production.
The unit can send a complete 32-bit float audio signal over USB when connected to a Mac computer running macOS Catalina (version 10.15 or later).
- Kashmir microphone preamps with 48V phantom power
- Internal timecode generator
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths up to 32-bit float
- Adjustable limiters
- SD card recording and reading
- Backup to USB drive
- 10 seconds of pre-roll at 48 kHz
- USB control surface support
- Customize with plugins
- Add low cut, high pass, delay, polarity invert, and panning
- Simultaneous recording, mixing, and USB audio streaming
- Trigger record via timecode or HDMI timecode
- Bluetooth for wireless control via Wingman app
- Basic, advanced, and custom modes
- High-fidelity headphone amplifier
The K-Tek Stingray MixPro Audio Bag is designed for Sound Devices MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 recorders with a couple of wireless systems, NP-1 batteries, and various accessories. Also compatible with the Tascam DR-70D and DR-701D, as well as the Zoom F4 and F8, it can help turn your small recorder into a portable workstation with a multitude of options for accessing connectors, controls, and SD card, in various recording environments when working in the field.
The Stingray MixPro features multilayer exterior walls and a rigid vertical frame that allows the bag to better stand on its own, while protecting equipment and providing full access to the sides and bottom of the recorder. The combined front and bottom flap opens wide to access the internal battery packs and media compartments on the bottom of the MixPre units, and can even reattach to the back of the MixPro. It also allows for front-mounting of the recorder to the bottom of a camera.
The removable front pouch storage compartment is large enough to hold NP-1 batteries with cup adapters, while curved zippers encircle each side panel for full access to cabling into the main compartment. MOLLE straps and D-rings offer plenty of rigging points for additional accessories and allow the Stingray MixPro to be connected by harnesses and waist belts (available separately). A built-in kickstand enables the bag to sit at an angle when placed on a tabletop or when resting on the ground.
The Stingray MixPro ships with a shoulder strap and a removable, clear vinyl cover that provides an unobstructed view of the recorder's screen, while shielding it from rain or splashing.
- Designed for Sound Devices MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 recorders
- Fits Zoom F4 and F8, as well as Tascam DR-70D and DR-701D recorders
- Rigid, internal vertical frame for strength and stability
- Strong protective exterior with multilayer walls
- Soft, orange, high-contrast interior
- Removable front pouch storage compartment large enough to hold NP-1 batteries with cup adapters
- Dual, curved zippers encircle each side panel for full access to inputs, outputs, and controls
- Oversized MOLLE-style straps on the front of the bag accommodate additional accessories
- Built-in kickstand enables convenient access to controls and comfortable viewing whether the user is sitting or standing
- Four D-rings for use with included shoulder strap or Stingray waist belt (available separately)
- Includes clear vinyl shield to cover the exposed top opening—can be folded back or easily removed
- Front flap gives access to battery / media compartment
- Bottom flap gives access to MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 top-mounting points
- Front flap folds down and reattaches to bag's bottom front
- Bottom flap folds completely back and up, to reattach to bag's back top
- Up to four wireless devices
- Up to two NP-1 batteries
- One BDS
- IFB TX
- Camera hop TX
- Small accessories (pens, screwdrivers, and more)