This B&H Kit combines the Arturia MicroFreak Hybrid Analog/Digital Synthesizer with a premium USB 2.0 cable, a dual 5-pin DIN MIDI cable, a 1/4" to 1/4" instrument cable, and a set of eight 3.5mm patch cables to create a highly expressive instrument capable of connecting to your computer or to other MIDI/analog hardware.
Arturia MicroFreak - Hybrid Analog/Digital Synthesizer with Advanced Digital Oscillators
The Arturia MicroFreak is a cutting-edge experimental hybrid analog/digital synthesizer featuring digital oscillators, an analog filter, and a touch-plate keyboard, well suited for musicians, sound designers, producers, and DJs at any experience level.
The MicroFreak features 11 digital oscillators with variable modes and includes the open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments. With a remarkable amount of options and paraphonic performance capabilities, the MicroFreak ensures otherworldly sounds, modes, and parameter controls.
The built-in 25-note touchplate keyboard is pressure sensitive and offers polyphonic aftertouch for inspired performances. The state-variable analog filter is inspired by the 12 dB Oberheim SEM filter, allowing you to dial in screaming leads and whispering pads. Plus, with the integrated 5 x 7 matrix, you can route the filter cutoff to be controlled by the touch-plate keyboard pressure, or sequence events with the onboard sequencer. The sequencer allows you to record up to four automations, edit notes per step, or use the innovative Spice and Dice sequencer functions to generate happy accidents. Add randomization to create original patterns that evolve and push things even further with the modulation matrix.
The MicroFreak's rear panel features a single 1/4" main output and offers control voltage outputs on 3.5mm jacks with options for CV, Gate, and Pressure, as well as 3.5mm clock in and out jacks. MIDI I/O is available via 3.5mm jacks, and a set of two 3.5mm to 5-pin DIN adapters is included. Additionally, the Arturia MicroFreak features MIDI over USB Type-B which also provides a digital connection to your computer for DAW sequencing.
- Synthesizer with 192 preset slots and 128 factory presets
- Eleven digital oscillators with variable modes and integrated open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12 dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with five sources and seven destinations (three custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes - Up to four voices
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer
- Two patterns per preset
- Four automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 1/4" master and 3.5mm headphone output
- Precisely detuned saw, square, sine, or triangle wave
- Create the fat synth sounds
- Great for Trance and lush dreamy pads
- Modulate the volume of 32 sine waves to create sounds
- Creates harmonically rich, vibrant sounds
- Shape with the filter
- Karplus Str:
- Creates the sound of string instruments using physical modelling
- Soft pizzicato to screeching, zingy chords
- Scan through waveform snapshots
- Find new, unusual, and evolving sounds
- Contains 16 wavetables
- Additional waveforms in future updates
Mutable Instruments Plaits
- Virtual analog
- Recreates traditional synth methods digitally
- Create classic and cutting-edge tones
- Triangular wave
- Processed by waveshaping and wavefolding
- Creates squelchy, aggressive, and often metallic tones
- Powerful twin-operator FM oscillator
- Two sine waves modulated each other’s phase
- Creates sharp, acidic tones
- Percussive granular synthesis engine
- Adds huge texture and body to sequenced rhythms
- Paraphonic synth engine
- Triggers duplicates at set intervals
- Creates defined, static chords with one key
- Creates vowel, formant, and simple word sounds
- Automate with the mod matrix for inspiration
- Creates the unusual inharmonic vibrations and resonance of a hollow structure
- Great for adding texture or bizarre overtones
Pearstone USB 2.0 Type A Male to Type B Male Cable - 10' (3 m)
The Pearstone USB 2.0 Type A Male to Type B Male Cable is a Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable that supports transfer rates up to 480 Mbps. This cable is designed to connect to a PC, Mac, or any USB device. It features a USB type A at one end and type B at the other end and offers high speed transmission to maximize conductivity and minimize data loss. It is fully compliant with USB 2.0 specifications.
This premium cable offers braided copper shielding and an aluminum foil wrap to minimize electromagnetic and radio interference and ensure clean signal transfers even with large file sizes at high speed. The connectors are hot pluggable and install with Plug-and-Play ease. Additionally, this cable is manufactured under RoHS guidelines with no environmentally hazardous cadmium or lead and is UL rated and FCC certified.
- This 10' (3 m) cable is compliant with all USB 2.0 specifications
- Backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices
Hosa Technology 2 MIDI to 2 MIDI (Dual) Cable - 9 ft
Send and receive MIDI information through one cable assembly with Hosa Technologies' Dual-MIDI to Dual-MIDI 9.9-foot Cable. With a dense spiral copper shield to block interference and nickel-plated connector pins for precise data transfer, the Dual-MIDI to Dual-MIDI 9.9-foot Cable is an inexpensive option for connecting your MIDI-compliant devices.
Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI)
Discreet 5-Pin Connectors
Colors and Lengths
Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series 1/4" Male to 1/4" Male Instrument Cable (10')
The 10' Premium Performance 3000 Series 1/4" Male to 1/4" Male Instrument Cable from Kopul is designed for connecting guitars to amplifiers or any other application where a 1/4" instrument or unbalanced line-level connection is required. It can be used in applications for live stage, theater, rehearsals, recordings, and more.
Kopul's 3000 Series instrument cables are engineered for protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI), radio frequency interference (RFI), and the significant reduction of static noise. This cable features gold-plated 1/4" connectors that have a metal shell and chuck-style strain relief.The 24-gauge annealed-copper conductors with dense spiral copper shielding, as well as a conductive PVC, and PE insulation make the Premium Performance 3000 Series instrument cable a flexible, quiet cable that ensures excellent transfer of the audio signal.