Comprising the essentials needed to begin shooting, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII Digital Camera Accessory Kit from B&H bundles the advanced compact camera with a memory card.
Mixing speed, reach, and portability, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII is a pocket-sized camera packing a wealth of stills and video versatility. This seventh-generation camera in the esteemed RX100 series is the second to feature the impressive 24-200mm-equivalent ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens that covers wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths for greater shooting flexibility in a variety of conditions. Making use of the extended range is a redesigned 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor, along with an improved BIONZ X image processor, for fast shooting performance, high sensitivity to ISO 12800, and UHD 4K video recording. The updated sensor design is all about speed and enables blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20 fps for easier subject tracking. Single Burst Shooting also permits shooting at an extreme 90-fps setting for working with the fastest moving subjects. The sensor's design also provides a 357-point hybrid AF system for quick and accurate focus performance and subject tracking in both stills and video modes. A stacked design and front-end LSI also contribute to quickened operation and enhanced image quality. Video performance also remains impressive with the incorporation of S-Log3 and HLG gamma settings, and High Frame Rate shooting allows you to record at up to 960 fps for slow-motion playback.
Retaining the classic sleek form factor of an RX100, the VII still has a pocketable stature despite the extended zoom lens. A pop-up 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is a sleek means for eye-level viewing or, alternatively, a 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be used. The LCD features a tilting design to support working from high and low angles and its touch capability permits the use of Touch Focus and Touch Shutter functions. The camera also sports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for sharing imagery to a linked mobile device or for embedding location information from your smartphone.
This sensor is paired with a revised BIONZ X image processor and front-end LSI, which dramatically improve the speed and throughput of the entire imaging system, enabling blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 20 fps with continuous AF/AE calculations being performed at 60 times per second. The Single Burst Shooting function also permits recording up to seven frames, in raw or JPEG, at 90 fps, 60 fps, or 30 fps for capturing the fastest of moments. The front-end LSI and enhanced sensor performance also improve overall image quality, especially at higher sensitivities, by reducing noise and offering higher perceived resolution and color definition.
The flexible reach is complemented by four stop-effective Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting in low-light conditions. Additionally, Clear Image Zoom can also be used to further extend the effective reach of the zoom with nearly no image degradation.
Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the RX100 VII allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Speed is also a huge advantage of the RX100 VII, and, in video, users will benefit from advanced High Frame Rate shooting and super slow motion. In Full HD, shooters will have access to a standard 120 fps setting that will enable outstanding slow motion when placed in editing software. In addition to this, the camera also offers a dedicated HFR mode that boosts the camera's frame rate to up to 960 fps.
A Photo Capture function is built directly into the camera, allowing shooters to quickly save an 8.29MP still from their UHD 4K movies. Full HD can also benefit from this feature, where users will be able to pull a 2MP still. Additionally, the camera is NTSC/PAL switchable, making it usable around the world, vertical videos can be recorded with embedded metadata to correct for the vertical orientation during playback.
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot tilting LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive operation, including the ability for working with Touch Focus, Touch Pad AF, and Touch Shutter functions. The screen's tilting design, which goes from 180° upward to 90° downward, also suits photographing from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- One-push pop-up XGA OLED electronic viewfinder offers a resolution of 2.36m dots and 0.59x magnification for crisp, clear viewing. The EVF also uses a ZEISS T* coating, to ensure clarity from corner to corner, and has a one-push access design for more convenient switching between the LCD and EVF.
- Integrated 3.5mm external microphone port supports improved audio recording quality.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, click-less design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, including zoom and aperture.
- Custom button and other programmable button can be set to one of over 40 functions for quick access to commonly used settings.
- Pop-up flash will help illuminate subjects in dimly lit scenes.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices, with no complex set-up required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release. Additionally, connection to a smartphone using a QR code is also possible.
- Bluetooth connectivity, via the PlayMemories Mobile app, also allows you to embed location information into both stills and movie files for geotagging.
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
Store, transport and protect your digital point & shoot camera from moisture, dirt and dust with the black Lyra 50 Camera Pouch from Ruggard. The pouch features an easy access, zippered, clamshell opening, and an interior SD memory card pocket. Soft, padded, interior nylon helps protect your camera from impact, scratches and abrasion. This protection is complemented by a weather-resistant nylon exterior. Carry the pouch with the handy belt loop with touch-fasten tabs, or with the removable shoulder strap. The bright yellow interior makes it easier to locate stored items in low light.
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 200 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.