Stabilize your camera and set it in motion with this Zhiyun Crane-2 and Moza Slypod Kit put together by B&H. Mount the Crane-2 onto the Slypod for smooth and steady motion shots with an easy setup, versatile movement, and camera control.
The Crane-2 comes with three batteries, a charger, a tripod, a follow focus motor with two lens gear rings, a support rod, a shoulder strap, camera cables, and a carry case. The Moza Slypod includes a quick release pan-and-tilt head, a tabletop tripod, an ergonomic wood handle, and a carry bag. Both the gimbal and the slider come with USB charging cables to get your production up and running right out of the box.
Zhiyun-Tech Crane-2 3-Axis Stabilizer with Focus Motor
The Zhiyun-Tech Crane-2 is a 3-axis handheld gimbal stabilizer supporting mirrorless and DSLR cameras weighing up to 7 lb. Mount your camera on the included Manfrotto-standard quick release plate, balance it, and shoot for up to 18 hours on the supplied batteries. A rod-mount mechanical focus motor is included and can be controlled via the gimbal's handwheel or an optional remote control for the Crane 2. It can be aligned to the focus or zoom ring of your lens for follow focus or zoom control. A support rod, USB cable, and two universal lens gear rings are also supplied for attaching and connecting the focus motor and using it with virtually all lenses.
The Crane-2 also allows for digital follow focus control via the gimbal handwheel for select Canon DSLRs and the Nikon D850 with compatible autofocus lenses. Simply connect the camera to the gimbal with the included USB cables, and after a few settings adjustments you'll have direct follow focus control without requiring the external motor.
The Crane-2 features 360° pan, 320° tilt, and 360° roll adjustment. Multiple different special shooting modes allow you to get extra creative with the gimbal. Full-range POV mode enables 360° synchronous movement on all three axes. This means that the camera will lock into a single position and follow your movements without any limits, as opposed to evening out at some point. This allows for true POV capture.
Gimbal settings are quickly adjustable using the onboard control buttons and an OLED display. For safety, a "slow-fall" feature protects your camera from a sudden drop when the Crane-2 is powered down.
- Includes external rod-mount focus motor for mechanical follow focus/zoom control
- 360° pan, 320° tilt, and 360° roll adjustment
- 7 lb payload
- 18-hour runtime using the included batteries
- Digital follow focus control for select Canon cameras and the Nikon D850 with compatible autofocus lenses
- Manfrotto-standard quick release plate
- "Slow-fall" feature protects your camera from a sudden drop when the Crane-2 is powered down
Firmware Update v1.76 (June 2019)
- Full-range POV: 360° synchronous movement on all three axes—instead of leveling off during motion, the camera will remain locked in position no matter which way or how far you move the gimbal, allowing for true POV shots
- Vortex mode: Add dynamic movements to your barrel shot and open up possibilities
- Direct control support for the Nikon Z6 and Z7 via the control panel—take photos, start/stop recording video, and control various other parameters
An innovative 2-in-1 camera support, the Moza Slypod can be used as a motorized slider or a monopod. Featuring an integrated tripod plate along its length, it can be mounted on a tripod horizontally and used as a motorized slider. It telescopes out 11" at assignable speeds with smooth, steady, and quiet movement thanks to a built-in geared motor with algorithms. In this mode it supports up to 9 lb, allowing you to attach everything from an action cam to a full-size cine camera, as well as a gimbal with a camera.
The telescoping movement is set up via an iOS/Android app in assigned travel routes or repeatable movements. (Please see limitations in app compatibility in the Notes section below.) Speeds can be designated from an ultra-slow minimum of 0.15mm per second to up to 28mm per second. 9 lb is the rated safety payload, while the max payload is 22 lb. You can also attach it vertically on a mini tripod or other support to use as a monopod. In this mode, too, it provides 11" of motorized travel distance, with safety loads up to 20 lb (or 40 lb maximum).
For attaching a camera, there's a 1/4"-20 mounting screw on the end. A quick release pan-and-tilt accessory is included that secures to this end and allows you to set your camera facing in just about any direction. Alternatively, you can mount a ball head, fluid head, or other support. A great option is a gimbal stabilizer, such as one of Moza's gimbals. Attaching a gimbal adds motorized pan and tilt axes to the motorized slides.
The Slypod is designed with a built-in battery with up to a two-hour runtime. A great feature of the Slypod is that the battery can be charged while the Slypod is in use, so you're able to shoot continuously for time-lapse capture, vlogs, live streams, and other applications, especially considering the super-slow minimum travel speed of 0.15mm per second. The battery is charged via a USB charging port that can also be used to integrate other Moza products, for actions such as camera shutter control.
Other than mobile app control, the Slypod can be partially operated via onboard +/- control buttons or an optional wireless remote control. The motor, battery, power button, +/- controls, and USB port are all built-in/located on the bottom end of the Slypod. There's also an illuminating ring in that section that lights up different colors to indicate the battery status. Red, for example, means the Slypod is charging.
The built-in mounting plate for slider mode offers 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads. For vertical mounting, a 1/4"-20 threaded hole is provided on the bottom when the included wooden handle is removed. A mini tripod is supplied for mounting the Slypod in monopod mode.
The Slypod has a weatherproofed design that provides resistance to wind, sand, and dust. Fully collapsed, it measures 21". Fully extended, and with the wooden handle attached on the bottom and the quick release pan-and-tilt accessory on top, it measures 38" from end to end. Made mainly of carbon fiber, it weighs just 1.7 lb.
- Motorized 11" telescoping movement in horizontal (slider) mode and vertical (monopod) mode
- 9 lb horizontal rated (safety) payload, 20 lb vertical (22 lb / 40 lb max payload)
- Ultra-slow 0.15mm per second to up to 1.1" / 28mm per second travel speed
- Two-hour built-in battery can be charged via a USB port during operation for continuous use
- iOS/Android control app for assignable routes, repeatable movements, and time-lapse sessions
- Onboard adjustment buttons
- Optional wireless remote control supported
- Built-in mounting plate with 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads for attaching to a tripod in slider mode
- 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for mounting on tabletop tripods, monopod bases, monopods, and other supports in monopod mode
- 1/4"-20 mounting screw for attaching a camera or support accessory
- Quick release pan-and-tilt-accessory included
- Combines well with gimbals for additional pan and tilt motorized axes of movement
- Illuminating ring on the bottom lights up different colors to indicate the battery status
- 21" length fully collapsed
- 38" length fully extended and with a wooden handle attached on one end and included pan-and-tilt accessory on the other
- Carbon fiber construction; weighs just 1.65 lb
- Weatherproofed design