The electronic download of Steinberg Dorico Elements 3 is music notation software designed to deliver essential scoring functions for students, songwriters, and arrangers in schools, home studios, and houses of worship. Write, print, and play music notation for up to 12 instruments, which can be sourced from the supplied 1500-sound 2.5GB library or your own VST3 plug-ins. The 30 included effects processors enable versatile tonal modification of instrument sounds.
Input data via a mouse, keyboard, or MIDI keyboard, and refine your arrangement in the sequencer-style piano MIDI editor, where the notation is adjusted as you compose and arrange. Enjoy unlimited movements in a single project and the playback of dynamics, repeats, and tempo changes. Collaboration is simplified via importing and exporting MIDI and MusicXML files, and you are provided with audio and graphics export capabilities to boot. Dorico Elements 3 is compatible with macOS and Windows systems and creates projects that can be loaded into Dorico Pro.
What's New In Dorico 3
- Produce a condensed conductor's score in a single click.
- Updated features for guitar and harp.
- Sophisticated playback controls .
- A newly refined and elegant user interface.
- Dorico 3 offers the ability to create a formatted conductor's score with a single click, while still maintaining complete and correct instrumental parts.
- Increased support with notation for guitar and other fretted instruments.
- Choose whether to show music for each guitar as staff notation, guitar tab, or both.
- Changes to the staff notation are automatically reflected in the tab and vice versa.
- Edit the tuning of each string and add or remove strings.
- Handle fretboards with irregular fret spacing or instruments where one or more strings is shorter than the others (such as banjo).
- Control how rhythms are shown, including support for enclosing half notes (minims) and longer to distinguish them. from shorter note values.
- Guitar techniques such as slides, bends, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and harmonics are all supported.
- Support for chord diagrams, including a library of hundreds of standard chord shapes, and the ability to easily design your own.
- For classical guitar notation, Dorico 3 provides support for left- and right-hand fingering including automatic placement of left-hand fingering within the staff, tucked in with the notes.
- Improved string and capo indicators provide all the information your performers will need.
- Create custom templates that use third-party sound libraries and virtual instruments and save them for future use.
- Share your saved configurations with colleagues and other users with simple drag-and-drop installation.
- Take advantage of all the advanced techniques provided by your favorite sample libraries.
Soundiron Olympus Micro
- Soundiron brings their choir library Olympus Choir Micro to HALion Sonic SE. Olympus Choir Micro is included with Dorico 3.
- Realistic mixed voice choir sounds with two syllables (ooh and ah).
Smart Harp Pedaling
- Check that the music you're writing is practical for the harpist by having Dorico calculate what pedal settings are required. It shows any notes that cannot be played by the current pedals in red.
- Add your own pedal indications with a choice of appearance using either a diagram or note names for each pedal.
- Set them to appear in either the full score or the harp part or both.
- Leave reminders to yourself or for your collaborators using the comment panel.
- Each comment is identified by the author's initials, so it is quick and easy to reply to an existing comment.
- When you come to proofread your score, export all of the comments in a formatted list to print.
For Home Users & Students
- Amateur composers and arrangers
- Secondary students
- Instrumental teachers
- Church/worship musicians
- Easy and fast to learn
- Friendly manual and video tutorials
- Pop-overs for efficient input
- Normal and double accidentals
- Single-format bar numbers
- Bar repeats
- Normal, double, final, and repeat barline types
- Seven clef presets
- Single chord symbol preset
- Drum set notation
- Holds and pauses
- Key signatures with up to seven flats/sharps
- 30 notehead presets
- Limited octave lines
- Automatic page numbers
- Limited pedal lines
- 220 playing techniques presets
- Limited rehearsal marks
- Repeat endings
- Rhythm slashes
- Singlenote and multinote tremolos
- Tempo markings
- Limited unpitched orchestral/band percussion
- 2GB library with 1500 sounds
- 30 effects processors
- General MIDI sounds
- HALion Sonic SE production sounds
- VST expression maps
- Support for third-party VST plug-ins
- Fixed interpretation of notations
- Playback of repeats, dynamics, and tempo changes
- Editable automation data
- Add page and system breaks
- Limited use of other text fonts
- Automatic collision avoidance
- Multiple staff sizes
- Limited note-spacing settings
- Automatic staff and system spacing
- Change page and staff size
- Limited custom note spacing
- Limited custom text fonts
- Fixed notation options
- Fixed engraving options
- Fixed playback options
Input & Editing
- Input via mouse, keyboard, and MIDI keyboard
- Insert mode
- Limited filters
Import & Export
- Import and export MusicXML
- Export audio in WAV or MP3 format
- Export graphics
- Import and export MIDI
- Print multiple copies
- Booklet, 2-up, and spreads