Assembled for the aspiring filmmaker, the Panasonic Lumix GH5S Mirrorless Camera Cine Kit from B&H bundles the video-optimized Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera with an Atomos Ninja V 5" 4K HDMI recording monitor, a power kit, a USB to SATA adapter, a monitor mount, and an HDMI cable.
Proving that they can push the GH-series even farther into the video realm, the Panasonic Lumix GH5S is a mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera optimized for movie recording and low-light performance. Revolving around a 10.28MP Digital Live MOS sensor, DCI and UHD 4K video recording is possible at up to 60p and the large individual pixel size also affords impressive low-light performance to an extended ISO 204800, along with Dual Native ISO technology at ISO 400 and ISO 2500. Coupled with an updated Venus Engine, the sensor and processor combination also enables faster readout speeds along with 1.3x less rolling shutter distortion compared to previous GH-series cameras. Internal DCI 4K30p recording is available with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling and a full-size HDMI A connector can be used to simultaneously output to an optional external monitor or recorder. The sensor's extended sensitivity range has also been used to promote working with V-Log L and Hybrid Log Gamma HDR modes for effectively increasing your dynamic range and affording more flexibility when color grading during post-production.
Beyond its video prowess, the GH5S is no slouch when it comes to stills shooting, either. The sensor and Venus Engine combination enable recording 14-bit raw files with a top continuous shooting rate of 12 fps with single-shot AF, or up to 8 fps with continuous autofocus. Borrowing from the video side, 4K PHOTO modes are also available for shooting 8MP stills at up to 60 fps. Benefitting stills, the Depth-From-Defocus AF system works quickly and accurately using 225 dedicated AF areas, and is sensitive to -5 EV luminance for working in extreme low-light conditions.
Beyond imaging specs, the GH5S retains its professional build quality the GH-series is known for. The magnesium alloy body is fully weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions, and physical controls have been enhanced for easier tactile control. A large 3.68m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is featured, for high-resolution eye-level monitoring, as well as a rear 3.2" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen with free-angle movement to suit working from high and low angles. Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are available for flexible file recording and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth wireless connectivity enable seamless image sharing and remote camera control from a mobile device.
The sensor features a multi aspect ratio design, which enables the use of 4:3, 17:9, 16:9, and 3:2 ratios for shooting stills, recording DCI and UHD 4K, and for working in Anamorphic mode. This unique design allows you to maintain a lens's native angle of view despite changing the image format. Additionally, the sensor and processor combination avails high readout speeds and suppresses rolling shutter distortion by approximately 1.3x compared to the GH5 when recording video or working with the electronic shutter.
The sensor's deliberately low-resolution design, and subsequently larger pixel size, also optimizes it for low-light performance and enables recording a greater dynamic range. Borrowing from Panasonic's broadcast line of video cameras, Dual Native ISO technology is used that sets ISO 400 and ISO 2500 as base sensitivities for low noise levels. The overall native sensitivity range runs from ISO 160-51200, and can be extended to ISO 80-204800.
Optimizing your recording for post-production color adjustment, the GH5S features a pair of gamma settings suited to capturing a wide dynamic range. V-Log L has been pre-installed on this camera and is used to capture a flat, neutral gamma curve well-suited for grading. Additionally, a High Dynamic Range mode, and Hybrid Log Gamma, can be used to record greater detail in both the shadow and highlight regions of a scene. Additional picture styles are available to provide a more gradable image, such as CINELIKE V and CINELIKE D, as well as an in-camera LUT to make monitoring easier. Also, users will have access to overcranking and undercranking Variable Frame Rate settings which provide speeds up to 2.5x slower in 4K (60 fps) and 7.5x slower in Full HD (240 fps). Also, a 4K Anamorphic mode is available, which will let you record in a proper 4:3 ratio for adjustment in post-production.
For greater recording versatility, the recording system frequency can be changed between 59.94 Hz (NTSC), 50.00 Hz (PAL), or 24.00 Hz (Cine) for worldwide use, and there is no recording duration limit for all settings. Three separate video control panels can also be used—shutter duration/ISO, shutter angle/ISO, or shutter duration/dB—to match various worldwide production needs.
The GH5S is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are the included BNC conversion cable for syncing time code settings with an external device for multi-camera setups; LINE input support via the 3.5mm mic input for using an external audio device; and the optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
For accelerated autofocus performance, and Advanced DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in as little as 0.05 seconds. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. The sensitivity and speed can be adjusted to further improve performance with certain subjects. It also features 225 AF areas which provide excellent control over where the camera will focus. Additionally, supporting working in low-light conditions, a Starlight AF feature enables accurate AF performance down to -5 EV.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
- Burst: This mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.68m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.2" 1.62m-dot rear RGBW LCD monitor has a free angle, tilt and swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Optimized for nighttime shooting, the viewfinder and rear screen can be tuned to benefit working in low-light conditions. A Night Mode allows you to separately reduce the brightness of the screen and finder in order to maintain your night-adjusted vision. Alternatively, brightness can be boosted by lowering the frame rate and increasing the gain in live view for working in extremely dark situation. And, for manual focusing, an MF Assist feature lets you zoom into the scene by 20x for focusing on small subjects.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots are present which provides settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which recording the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organization.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5S features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash- and dust-proof as well as freezeproof to 14°F.
- A joystick is available on the rear of the camera to make changing many settings easier and more intuitive, such as changing a focus point.
- The sleek flat-body profile incorporates both front and rear dials for intuitive control over aperture and shutter speed settings. Multiple assignable function buttons are also available, as well as a dedicated exposure compensation dial.
- Built-in 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC and Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets. Bluetooth LE also enables a constant connection to your mobile device, allowing for functions such as geolocation and automatic image transfer.
- Lumix Tether software allows you to shoot tethered to a computer via USB connection. This software enables full camera control and shooting from the computer, along with video and 4K PHOTO modes support, with the added benefit of previewing and reviewing your imagery from a larger computer monitor.
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec., as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera for a more streamlined post-production workflow.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLF19 battery provides approximately 440 shots per charge when using the rear monitor, or 410 with the electronic viewfinder.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- The Ninja V features a highly responsive 5" IPS LCD screen that is illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood.
- The screen is also color-calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
- Record Apple ProRes and ProRes RAW with select cameras at rates up to DCI 4K60 and up to 120 fps in HD.
- Enables ProRes RAW capture with smaller, more cost-effective, mirrorless cameras.
- Avid DNxHD/HR compatibility enables wide camera and editing software compatibility.
- HEVC/H.265 dual recording is available when using the Camera to Cloud mode.
- Display ten+ stops of dynamic range of your camera's log image with AtomHDR
- 1920 x 1080 display with 1000cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- 10-bit color processing and user calibration
- Supports custom LUTs
- Record DCI or UHD 4K at rates up to 60 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more filmlike aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high-quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with up to 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.
- The Ninja V also supports 5K and 6K RAW and 3.5K anamorphic RAW using select cameras.
- A variety of bit rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
- The Atomos CONNECT is the ultimate expansion module for the Ninja V, providing an SDI interface that offers compatibility with a range of cameras and 12G-SDI to HDMI cross-conversion that expands your workflow options.
- Use the Atomos CONNECT to live stream to popular platforms and custom RTMP/S destinations to share your content from almost anywhere.
- Preserve your images in a 4:2:2, 8- or 10-bit format via your camera's HDMI output, even when the camera is recording compressed 4:2:0 8-bit video internally.
- Support for an array of industry-standard Log formats enables the Ninja V to capture optimal dynamic range and bypass your camera's internal compression.
- HDR monitoring is enabled by the Ninja V's compatibility with a wide range of industry-standard gamuts.
- See the Atomos website for the latest Log compatibility.
- The Atomos Cloud Studio (ACS) provides a collection of online production services for video creators and streamers. Pair your Ninja V with an Atomos CONNECT to use ACS to live stream to popular platforms and customized RTMP/S destinations.
- ACS also provides support for Adobe's Camera to Cloud (C2C) service that offers full-resolution capture, proxy file sharing, and real-time collaboration.
- Seamlessly connect to Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, or Media Composer via Adobe C2C.
The 39" ZILR 4Kp60 Hyper-Thin High-Speed HDMI Secure Cable with Ethernet provides secure connectivity and support for uncompromising resolution while remaining flexible and easy to manage. It is compatible with HDMI 2.0 and features locking 24kt gold-plated Type-A male connectors with a low profile of just 24mm.
The cable integrates an HDMI Ethernet channel, HDCP 2.2 to play protected content, and camera Log formats for color grading workflows. It allows bandwidth up to 18 Gb/s, up to 4096 x 2160 resolution at 60 Hz for one device, Full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution, and HDR for compliant devices.
Unlock full 4K resolution in mirrorless cameras, cinema cameras, and external video recorders for up to 4Kp60 DCI (4096 x 2160) on supported devices for video professionals.
Creative professionals can monitor on set with HDR displays and external recorders to view camera Log video for color grading workflows.
Add a monitor to your video recording system with this aluminum Heavy-Duty Camera Shoe Mount Adapter with Ball Head from Elvid. This convenient accessory mounts directly to a camera's shoe mount and allows for the attachment of a full array of video accessories. Specifically meant to attach monitors or small lights to your camcorder or camera while shooting video, this ball head has a single locking knob for fast and safe operation, and is easily removable.
Accessories attach via the 1/4"-20 screw thread on top, and the bottom features a removable shoe mount and a 3/8" thread. The shoe mount itself is removable and features its own 3/8"-16 mounting screw, in case you want to use it without the ball head.
Outfit your 5" monitor with power options and travel accessories with this 5" Accessory Kit from Atomos. It's compatible with Ninja V, Shinobi, or Shinobi SDI monitor with two L-series batteries, a fast charger, a DC power supply, a sun hood, a screen protector, and a plastic travel case.
This versatile Compact AC/DC Charger from Watson charges all Sony L & M series type lithium-ion batteries via the included dedicated battery plate. The charger runs on 100 to 240 VAC power, allowing for worldwide use. It features a fold-out 2-prong US plug and is supplied with a European plug adapter as well as a 12 VDC car charger that plugs into a cigarette lighter. This makes the charger ideal for use both at home and on the road.
The Compact AC/DC Charger features a USB power output that allows you to charge and power MP3 players, phones, digital cameras, and other devices with a USB power input--even while charging your camera or camcorder batteries. With its easily interchangeable plate, the charger can also be used for other battery models via the purchase of an additional battery adapter plate.
- Comes with an included Euro plug adapter for charging in Europe.
- Included DC adapter with car lighter plug lets you charge while on the road.