The PXW-FX9 input and output features include 12G/6G-SDI and HDMI outputs for 4K video, a 3G-SDI output for HD, and genlock and timecode when using a multicamera setup. The Fast Hybrid AF autofocus system allows for accurate focus and even allows facial detection to automatically detect human form with 561 points of detection. Advanced image stabilization is achieved using the PXW-FX9's internal gyroscope for shots so smooth it'll look like you used a gimbal. Its 4-channel audio recording allows you to use external microphones and record ambient sound with the internal mics simultaneously.
- LUT improvements include the ability to import and manage 3D LUT files created in the cloud.
- Multiple camera ALL files can be managed via the cloud service.
- Automatic file transfer: Original files can be backed up to the cloud after capturing each clip, eliminating the need to block out time to create backups.
Shooting Workflow Improvements:
- Record LUT Data as Metadata: LUT cube data applied to your monitor image can now be recorded as metadata, saving time in post otherwise spent managing LUT data linkage.
- Audio Meter Channel Switching: You can now switch the onscreen audio level meter between CH1/2 and CH3/4 using the Audio menu.
Seven-level AF transition speeds from fast-switching between subjects as quickly as possible to slow, where speed is reduced to fit a more measured shooting style, such as a historical TV drama.
Five-level AF subject shift sensitivity ranges from locked-on, ignoring other moving subjects in the frame, to responsive, which switches focus from one subject to another—ideal for snapping between race cars as they speed by.