The Tentacle Sync TRACK E is a pocket audio recorder and lavalier microphone system that brings hands-free high-quality mono audio recording with timecode support to YouTubers, vloggers, journalists, musicians, and other content creators. The fast, all-in-one solution is designed to be easy for anyone to use, simply download the setup app to your iOS or Android mobile device, and you're ready to start recording in minutes.
The TRACK E easily clips to talent via the included belt clip and includes an omnidirectional lavalier microphone that plugs into its locking 3.5mm connector, a common connection compatible with a wide variety of lav mics. The unit features a 32-bit floating point recording option that offers extended headroom and eliminates digital clipping, while users making larger recordings can opt instead for the space-saving 24-bit option. The sampling rate is 48 kHz and audio is recorded to either the included 16GB microSD card or your own microSDHC card with a capacity of up to 32GB.
Video content creators will appreciate the TRACK E's implementation of timecode support, making it easy to sync sound and video later in the postproduction editing process. If you have an audio recorder with built-in timecode and want to use that as the master, you can feed the timecode to the TRACK E's mic input and jam-sync it. You can use multiple TRACK Es in this manner by jam-syncing each unit. Alternatively, you can jam-sync a single SYNC E (available separately) to external code and sync multiple TRACK E units to it wirelessly via the app.
Recent firmware updates allow the built-in timecode generator to output to the 3.5mm jack, letting you use the TRACK E as a master clock and jam-sync external devices to it. You can also use the app to wirelessly synchronize multiple TRACK E units together from the same starting point and create multitrack recordings for music productions. Once running, the units will stay in sync, even if they are out of Bluetooth range with each other and/or your phone; you'll only need Bluetooth control to make setting changes or operate the units. In addition, Start/Stop can be activated manually on the unit itself with the user switch.
Bluetooth is implemented for sync and control purposes and can also be used for audio monitoring, though with substantial latency. Playback monitoring is also available via a 3.5mm headphone jack. The built-in rechargeable lithium battery supplies up to 10 hours of recording time and is charged via the USB Type-C port in a maximum time of two hours. A foam windscreen for the lav mic, lapel clip, USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable, USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable, and zipper bag are all included.
- Simply download the free Tentacle Setup app for iOS and Android devices and get started making high quality 32- or 24-bit recordings at a 48 kHz sampling rate.
- The TRACK E is designed to be simple to operate: You don't have to be an audio professional to get great results.
- 32-bit floating-point recordings offer additional headroom and freedom when recording: Low-level recordings can be normalized without raising the noise floor.
- The 3.5mm headphone jack allows for monitoring file playback in the field.
- Use Bluetooth to wirelessly monitor the TRACK E audio on your iOS/Android mobile device. Please note that monitoring latency and connection stability is highly dependent on the smartphone you are using.
- The built-in rechargeable battery will power the unit for a minimum of 10 hours, use the USB-C port for charging.
- Connect to your computer via USB-C for quick and easy file transfer.
- Just clip the included electret condenser lav mic to your clothing, plug into the locking 3.5mm input jack, and you're ready to record.
- The lav features a forgiving omnidirectional polar pattern that picks up sound from all around the capsule—helping to keep levels consistent even when the talent turns away from the mic.
- The TRACK E features an input limiter and a high-pass filter help to ensure clear, intelligible speech.
- Timecode support means its easy to sync your sound and video.
- Jam-sync to incoming timecode via the mic input.
- Sync external devices to the TRACK E's timecode generator via the 3.5mm jack.
- Link multiple TRACK E units wirelessly to create multitrack recordings.
- Simply drop the synced audio into your editing system, or prepare for further postproduction with the included Tentacle Sync Studio software.
- The TRACK E can be controlled remotely through the Setup App for iOS or Android, it seamless integrates into the Tentacle Sync ecosystem.
- The app lets you synchronize timecode and operate as many Tentacle devices as you need via Bluetooth.
- You can monitor audio wirelessly and will be notified immediately by the app if something doesn‘t go as planned.
- For even more convenience, you can sync, start and stop your TRACK E devices from your Apple Watch.