Capture 20.2MP photos and UHD 4K30p video beneath the surface with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Digital Camera Kit from B&H. The housing is depth-rated to 200', comes with a 3.9" lens port that accommodates the camera's full 5x zoom range, and is fitted with fiber-optic flash cord connectors. The camera can shoot up to 20 fps and features a fast f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture, optical image stabilizer, and 180° tilting LCD touchscreen. Grab a strobe or video light, and you'll be ready to capture remarkable underwater images and video.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Camera
Capture HD video and still images at depths as deep as 200' with this Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Digital Camera. External strobes can be connected through two ports for Ikelite, SEA&SEA, or Olympus-type fiber-optic strobe cords. Any Ikelite DS strobe may be connected using the Fiber-Optic Converter #4401.3 and Fiber Optic Cord #4501, both sold separately.
The housing comes with a 3.9" diameter optical glass port that accommodates the camera's full 24-120mm zoom range. A full range of optional Ikelite accessories is available for the lens port, including a press-on threaded adapter for macro and wide-angle wet lenses, color filters, and a 6" dome. Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls. The back panel is removable and allows for easy drop-in camera loading. Operating the shutter is easy thanks to the large curved lever, and if you decide to use the housing with a tray and right-side handle, a shutter-lever extension is available. Rotating controls feature stainless steel, direct drive mechanisms and soft touch knobs, while back-panel buttons are made of anodized aluminum with laser-engraved labels that won't fall off or fade. The camera's LCD is fully visible. A 1/2" port permits use of an optional vacuum testing pump, to verify the integrity of the seal before your dive.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Two ports for connecting Ikelite, SEA&SEA, or Olympus-type fiber optic cords
- Constructed by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, light gray/off-white with clear back
- Color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool and offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Open-groove O-ring design
- 1/2"-20 port for optional vacuum testing pump
Controls and Handling
- Access to all camera controls except touchscreen and flash pop-up
- Large curved shutter lever for easy operation
- Soft-touch knobs and stainless steel mechanisms for rotary controls, anodized aluminum push buttons
- Engraved back-panel control labels won't fade or fall off
- 1/4-20 threaded tray mounting with 3" spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Built-in flat optical glass lens port with 3.9" diameter
- Accommodates camera's full 24-120mm zoom range
- Wide-angle and macro lenses and adapter, filters and dome port available separately
Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Digital Camera
Packing apt imaging capabilities within a svelte-yet-versatile design, the Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is an advanced compact camera featuring a large sensor, fast processing, and a flexible zoom lens. The 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor uses a stacked design, which couples with the DIGIC 8 image processor to realize fast autofocus performance, quick full resolution shooting up to 20 fps, and UHD 4K30p video recording. Complementing the sensor and processor is a 5x zoom lens, which covers a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range for wide-angle to short-telephoto fields of view. An f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range suits working in difficult lighting conditions as does an Optical Image Stabilizer, which compensates for the effects of camera shake. Rounding out the G5 X Mark II's design, the camera features a pop-up 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder, 180° tilting touchscreen LCD, and has both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wirelessly connecting to a mobile device.
20.2MP 1" Stacked CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Processor
5x Optical Zoom Lens
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Pop-up electronic viewfinder features a 2.36m-dot resolution for sharp and clear eye-level viewing. The pop-up/retractable design also helps to retain a sleek overall form factor when the camera is not in use.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen offers a large means for live view monitoring, reviewing imagery, and navigating the menu. Its intuitive touch design also permits working with Touch & Drag AF for easy focus point selection. Additionally, a 180° upward tilting design suits front facing vlogging and selfie shooting needs.
- An exposure compensation dial, as well as physical control rings and control dials, lend easily accessible, direct control over various shooting settings.
- In-camera battery charging, from a power bank, outlet, or computer, is possible via the USB port.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permit wirelessly transferring images to a linked mobile device and also afford remote camera control via the Canon Camera Connect app.
Other Camera Features
- Dedicated Star Shooting modes can be used to capture photos and videos of the nighttime sky with enhanced brilliance and clarity. Star Nightscape, Star Trails, and Star Time-Lapse Movies can be recorded, with auto or manual settings, and support functions, such as Night Display, Color Adjustment, and Star Emphasis, offer greater control over the final results.
- Panorama mode lets you pan about the scene to automatically produce stitched panoramic images.