Capture 45.7MP photos and UHD 4K30 video beneath the surface with this AquaTech Elite II Z7/Z6 Underwater Camera Housing and Nikon Z7 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Kit from B&H. The housing is depth-rated to 33' and employs half-press focus, full-press shutter release, just like the shutter control on the camera itself. The camera features 493-point phase-detect autofocus, built-in 5-axis vibration reduction, and a 3.2" tilting LCD screen. Grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, and you'll be ready to dive.
AquaTech Elite II Z7/Z6 Underwater Camera Housing for Nikon Z7 and Z6
Experience the same half-press for focus, full-press to shoot function as your dryland photography with this AquaTech Elite II Z7/Z6 Underwater Camera Housing. Designed for use with Nikon Z7 and Z6 mirrorless cameras, the housing's electronic shutter controls (one for portrait, one for landscape) provide a sensation similar to the camera's half-press shutter function, allowing the user to easily determine the half-press for focus and full-press for shutter release.
The Elite II's other controls are mechanical, providing easy access to important camera functions, and its ergonomic design and side grip afford optimal handling and comfort. The housing's polyurethane body has reinforced quick release clips and tactile controls made of stainless steel, aluminum, and high-strength plastics. All the aluminum parts have been anodized for resistance to corrosion and other wear and tear.
A flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, enables the Elite II to work with separately available accessories such as external strobe units and pocket wizards. A threaded 1/4"-20 mounting point at the bottom of the housing enables connection to an optional tripod or tray. The enclosure ships without a required lens port and accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses. For complete compatibility information, see the Port Chart. Note: AquaTech zoom gears will not align with this housing's zoom control when using the Nikon Mount Adapter FTZ.
- Depth Rating: 33'
- Designed for shallow water and surface use
- Shouldn't be operated at depths beyond 15' for more than 5 minutes
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Electronic shutter releases mimic half-press focus camera function
- Dual shutter controls for landscape and portrait orientation
- Tactile mechanical push-button and knob/dial controls provide easy access to important camera functions, including menu, playback, zoom in/out, 5-way multi-controller, live view/video button, AF-ON, back dial
- Ergonomic design and side grip afford optimal handling and comfort
- Separately sold M3 Pistol Grip also offers half-press functionality
- Body crafted from durable polyurethane
- Blue front, top and sides, clear back for camera visibility
- Controls made of stainless steel, aluminum, and high-strength plastics
- All aluminum parts anodized for resistance to corrosion, wear and tear
- 1/4"-20 tripod mount
Lens Port System
- Ships without required lens port
- Accepts a series of ports for a wide range of lenses
- For complete compatibility information, see Port Chart linked above
External Strobe Use
- Flash bulkhead sync connector, supplied with AquaTech flash housings, provides compatibility with flash units and pocket wizards
- Housing ships without required sync cord
Nikon Z 7 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Nikon has taken the next step in their imaging journey with the Z 7 Mirrorless Camera, dubbed "The Perfectionist," and the revolutionary Z System. This high-resolution FX-format camera introduces the Z Mount, a large diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance that allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics. The Z 7 is among the first in the series, and brings with it a 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine, delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600.
On the sensor you will find an advanced phase-detect autofocus system using 493 points covering 90% of the image area and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology for stabilized photos and video regardless of the lens used. This advanced hybrid AF system will also benefit video. The Z 7 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video. The camera's high-resolution sensor also permits the use of an 8K Time-Lapse mode.
As with many mirrorless systems, the Z Series boasts a much more compact form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z 7 is no exception with its slimmed down design and lighter build, though it maintains the weather sealing and ergonomics for which Nikon is known. The camera features multiple displays and screens for ease of use, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. For storage, the Z 7 has a single XQD card slot that is compatible with CFexpress for faster speeds in the future. Additionally, the body is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Nikon Z System
45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
4K UHD Video Recording and 8K Time-Lapse
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z 7. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
The Z 7 also blends both still and video capabilities with the ability to produce 8K time-lapses using the Interval Timer Mode or in-camera 4K time-lapse movies, with the ability to record up to 9999 exposures for either method. This system also makes use of a silent interval timer, which produces no shutter noise, does not contribute to wear on the shutter mechanism, and is energy efficient to maximize battery life.
493-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z 7 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save images. The slot is compatible with CFexpress, enabling support for future media.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15b rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 330 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported. This camera is also compatible with EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a batteries, however do not support in-camera charging.