Capture 24.2MP photos and UHD 4K30 video in the surf or beneath the surface with this AquaTech Base II Underwater Housing & Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Kit from B&H. The housing is depth-rated to 33', comes with a lens port, and its pistol grip features focus and shutter control buttons. The full-frame Z 6 camera can shoot 12 fps in raw, offers a 273-point phase-detect autofocus, and features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology. Grab your favorite lens and you'll be ready to capture the action.
AquaTech Base II Housing Kit for Nikon Z7 & Z6
Designed for shallow water and surface use, the AquaTech Base II Housing Kit for Nikon Z7 & Z6 keeps underwater photography simple, so you can concentrate on getting the shot. Shutter and focus are controlled by a trigger on the M3 Pistol Grip, with the same operational feel of a camera's shutter button, just press halfway to focus and all the way for shutter release. The rest of the camera's controls must be preset or set to automatic.
Included in the kit is AquaTech's P65 flat lens port, which accepts a range of prime lenses with maximum lengths up to 63mm. The housing is constructed from durable but lightweight polyurethane, with stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and plastic controls. The port is made of Delrin with an optical acrylic element.
Use and Handling
- Depth rated 33'
- Designed for shallow water and surface use
- Pistol grip with shutter and focus trigger
- All other controls must be preset or auto
- Half-press trigger mimics a camera shutter button
- P-65 lens port
- Delrin construction with optical-grade acrylic element
- Compatible with prime lenses up to 63mm long, including Nikon 24mm f/2.8, 28mm f/1.8, 35mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2, 50mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.4 G
- Housing can be used with AquaTech P/PD series lens ports and zoom gears
- Durable yet lightweight polyurethane housing
- Stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and hard plastic controls
- Measures 7.5 x 6.8 x 5", weighs 4.6 pounds
Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Part of Nikon's next step in their imaging journey, the Z 6 Mirrorless Camera is positioned as the "all-arounder" within the new Z System. Beginning with the Z Mount itself, a large-diameter design with a short 16mm flange distance allows Nikon to create compact, yet powerful cameras and develop more advanced optics. The Z 6 is among the first in the series, and features a high-performing FX-format 24.5MP BSI CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine delivering outstanding image quality and speed with a native sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200.
On the sensor you will find an advanced phase-detect autofocus system using 273 points covering 90% of the image area, and the sensor features 5-axis Vibration Reduction technology for stabilized photos and video regardless of the lens used. This advanced hybrid AF system will also benefit video. The Z 6 features UHD 4K recording at up to 30p and can use the N-Log gamma profile along with the camera's 10-bit HDMI output to create cinema-quality video.
As with many mirrorless systems, the Z Series boasts a much more compact form factor than its DSLR counterparts. The Z 6 is no exception with its slimmed down design and lighter build, though it maintains the weather sealing and ergonomics for which Nikon is known. The camera features multiple displays and screens for ease of use, including a 0.80x 3.6m-dot EVF with NIKKOR optics and a Fluorine coating, ensuring clear viewing. The rear of the camera is equipped with a 3.2" 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD while the top offers a dot-matrix OLED for quickly checking settings. For storage, the Z 6 has a single XQD card slot that is compatible with CFexpress for faster speeds in the future. Additionally, the body is equipped with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Nikon Z System
24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
4K UHD Video Recording
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z 6. This includes the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Built-in to the body is a 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction mechanism for up to 5 stops of stabilization regardless of the lens used. This system also works with adapted lenses when using the optional FTZ Adapter where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a Fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z 6 is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot, the camera will be able to quickly save images. The slot is compatible with CFexpress, enabling support for future media.
- A robust magnesium-alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15b rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 310 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported. This camera is also compatible with EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a batteries, however do not support in-camera charging.