Taking its place at the top of Nikon's flagship series, 10x42 Monarch HG Binocular is engineered with a power magnification for observing distant subjects such as large game or marker buoys, with complementary technologies to produce an optic that is built to perform in low light and the harshest conditions.
First is the use of lead- and arsenic-free extra-low dispersion (ED) glass in the lens elements to correct chromatic and spherical aberrations. Next are phase-corrected and dielectric-coated roof prisms, which further limit internal light loss and interference and improve image contrast. The optical path is fully multi-coated with anti-reflection coatings, which increase light transmission, image contrast, and sharpness and provide true color rendition. Finally, is the use of Nikon's field-flattener system, which eliminates the distortion common at the lens edges, producing crisp details along the far periphery of the wide field of view. This all translates to bright and clear, high-contrast images with accurate color across the wide field of view with a reduced appearance of visible hand shake—especially at low light such as early morning and late evening, and under heavily overcast skies.
The chassis is built with a short bridge design, which presents more gripping surface and helps to reduce the overall weight. Made to survive use outdoors, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to make them not only fogproof when moving between extreme temperature changes, but also waterproof and submersible. The exterior has textured, rubberized panels that protect against knocks and drops and offers a slip-resistant grip for sure handling in cold and wet conditions. Nikon includes tethered objective lens covers and ocular rainguard to ensure they cannot be lost easily and are ready for use at a moment's notice.
Engineered for durability and long-distance performance, the Monarch HG will be your constant companion when conquering any peak or braving any storm.
- High 10x magnification draws distant subjects in close for detailed observations on land and sea
- Moderate 42mm objective lens diameter improves low-light performance without excessive bulk or weight
- Roof prism light path helps to maintain a slim profile for easier and more comfortable handling
- Extra-low dispersion glass reduces chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coatings minimize internal light loss to maintain image brightness and improve contrast and clarity
- Phase-corrected prisms eliminate internal interference in the light path to improve contrast and resolution
- Anti-reflection, fully multi-coated optics produce bright, high-resolution images
- Field-flattener lens system corrects lens-edge distortion for clearer views at the edge of the field of view
- Wide 62° apparent angle of view produces an immersive observational experience with less disorientation when used on rough or rolling seas and minimized appearance of visible hand shake common when holding high-power optics
- Generous 362' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Short bridge provides a solid and stable platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even while wearing gloves
- Locking right-eye diopter allows users to firmly set adjustment to compensate for individual optical prescription and improve focus sharpness
- Broad 56-74mm interpupillary distance adjustment range enables easy use by a wide variety of users
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter enables hands-free use and reduces vibrations and arm fatigue
- Long 17mm eye relief makes viewing more comfortable, with less eyestrain
- 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open in low light to keep the entire scene in view
- Environmentally friendly lead- and arsenic-free Eco-Glass used in all lenses and prisms
- Bridge configuration presents more surface area for hands to give it a more comfortable feel in the hand and a more secure grip
- Lightweight and strong magnesium-alloy chassis helps to reduce fatigue when wearing the binocular around the neck or holding it up to the eyes
- Slim body profile, short bridge, and protective rubber panels provide ample room for a secure and comfortable grip in all conditions
- Scratch-resistant coatings on objective and eyepiece lenses protect lenses from blowing sand, dirt, and debris
- Nitrogen filled, and O-ring sealed to make it waterproof and submersible to a depth of 16.4' (5m) for up to 10 minutes, while being resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions such as at low-pressure altitudes
- Tethered objective lens caps ensure protection without the chance of losing them
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck