Provide power to your portable professional video and cinema equipment with this V-mount Core SWX HyperCore NEO 9 Mini 4-Battery Kit with Fleet Micro 4-Position Charger put together by B&H. Each HyperCore NEO 9 Mini lithium-ion V-mount battery features a 98Wh capacity and backlit status LCD, and it is capable of supporting a powerful 12A continuous draw and up to a maximum 16A draw. Their slim form factor keeps the batteries portable and allows them to integrate with a variety of space-constrained camera setups.
The included Fleet Micro charger has four bays to replenish all four batteries simultaneously at 3A in around 2.5 hours. It features Voltbridge wireless technology and can also be used as a camera power supply via the built-in 4-pin XLR output. Put your batteries on to charge before a shoot, and you'll be ready to roll during production. See below for more details on the products included in this kit.
Core SWX Hypercore NEO 9 Mini 98Wh Lithium-Ion Battery (V-Mount)
The Hypercore NEO 9 Mini, in a V-mount, from Core SWX is a compact 14.8V, 98Wh lithium-ion battery that supports a constant 12A draw and peak draw of 16A. With this high output, the battery is designed for cine and broadcast applications, but, of course, it can be used for virtually all other applications as well. At only 4.7" in height and weighing just 1.4 lb, it's also highly suited for gimbal, drone, and other mobile applications. The Hypercore NEO 9 Mini has the ergonomic design, large backlit LCD, and protective over-molded rubberized housing that Hypercore batteries have come to be known for over their past releases, but this NEO 9 Mini version is a lot more advanced.
It's microprocessor-driven like previous Hypercores, ensuring safety and runtime delivery to camera viewfinders or LCDs, but, leveraging the microprocessor, the NEO 9 Mini features an RFID transmitter on the front that lets you monitor the stored battery data via Core SWX's VoltBridgeID iOS app or an RFID reader. Furthermore, the NEO 9 Mini has a more modular design consisting of less cabling, allowing for increased quality. With the different parts installed separately and securely inside the housing, the chance of failure is reduced in case of drops, and servicing the battery becomes a simpler, more efficient process as the different parts install plug-and-play.
In addition to the large LCD, the Hypercore NEO 9 Mini has an LED gauge on the side where the user can easily glance over at it. Other features include 2000 charge/discharge cycles, hibernation mode, and the ability to communicate to cameras as well as chargers with both one-wire and two-wire protocols (see the Features section below). Such an advanced battery wouldn't be complete without peripheral support. The NEO 9 Mini provides a SmartTap D-Tap port and a USB port for powering/charging devices. The SmartTap port lets you power any 12 VDC accessory and transmit battery data if the accessory is able to communicate that information.
The Hypercore NEO 9 Mini is also widely compatible with many different chargers. This V-mount version is compatible with RED, IDX, and Sony V-mount chargers, among others.
Compact and Powerful
Core SWX VoltBridge Enabled Fleet Micro 3A Digital Quad Charger for V-Mount Batteries
Incorporating CoreSWX's VoltBridge technology for wireless managing of your fleet of batteries, the CoreSWX VoltBridge Enabled Fleet Micro 3A Digital Quad Charger for V-Mount Batteries is capable of simultaneously charging four batteries at 3A each. This means that four 98Wh batteries can be charged in under 2.5 hours. The onboard LCD display screen allows you to easily monitor your battery's smart data without needing to connect to a computer. The micro-USB connector allows for firmware updates and for connection to a PC.
The built-in Battery Management Test mode allows the charger to determine battery health and recharge performance. Activating the SafeFly mode forces the charger to discharge or charge connected batteries to a 30% charge level to meet air travel and shipping requirements. While plugged into an AC power source, the charger can either charge batteries or be used as a camera power supply via the built-in 4-pin XLR. In the absence of AC power, you can use the charger to feed the 4-pin XLR from connected batteries providing unregulated power. The housing is made of aluminum, providing a robust build.
- The charger incorporates VoltBridge technology which enables you to remotely view your attached batteries status via a mobile device app; the app also allows you to have the charger put your attached batteries into SafeFly mode
- Accessing the chargers control panel provides the same management capabilities as the VoltBridge app, without the same convenience
- Four independent V-mount charge bays
- Simultaneous charging
- Approximately 2.5-hour charge time for four 98Wh batteries
- When SafeFly mode is activated, the charger will either discharge your battery down to 30% of capacity or charge it up to 30%, depending on the charge state of the battery
- 90 to 240 VAC worldwide compatible input voltage
- Compatible with batteries from RED, Anton Bauer, and others in addition to CoreSWX
- The four-line LCD display screen enables monitoring battery information from the charger
- Hypercine mode allows you to mount up to four batteries to provide unregulated 12 to 16.8 VDC from the charger's 4-pin XLR, without connecting to an AC power supply
- In Hypercine mode, the charger's LCD reports back available capacity as well as remaining runtime
- Aluminum build
- Weighs 5 pounds
- An optional "Hypercine Module" (not included) enables the charger to provide both unregulated 12 to 16.8 VDC and regulated 28 VDC via a 3-pin XLR output