The Azden PRO-XR 2-Person Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System Kit from B&H lets you record two subjects to a DSLR/mirrorless camera or a camcorder for interviews and vlogs. It includes two omnidirectional lavalier mics with bodypack transmitters, two camera-mount receivers, a Vello mounting bracket, and a Kopul CMCS-1 microphone combiner.
Both receivers and the mic combiner can be mounted onto a single camera using the triple-shoe bracket. The two receivers plug into the combiner, which in turn plugs into the 3.5mm audio input of your camera. This allows you to record both mics using the single input of your DSLR, while keeping your rig portable and compact.
Two Rode VXLR 3.5mm to XLR converters are also included to plug the receivers directly into the individual XLR inputs of a camcorder.
For smartphone users, each receiver comes with a 3.5mm TRRS adapter cable that plugs into the headphone jack of your an iOS/Android mobile device.
You don't have to be an audio expert to achieve reliable, hassle-free wireless audio with the Azden PRO-XR, a lavalier digital wireless microphone system that's ideal for run-and-gun video shoots, interviews, and vlog production on your DSLR camera or smartphone.
The PRO-XR offers exceptionally reliable and robust 2.4 GHz wireless performance using proprietary Signal Redundancy technology, adjustable 20/50/100mW transmitter RF output, and an external antenna design. This combination helps avoid signal interference and prevents dropouts at a range up to 500 feet.
This system features an omnidirectional lavalier microphone, a compact bodypack transmitter, a camera-mount receiver, and a slew of accessories optimized for mobile video production. Plug the mic into the transmitter, connect the receiver to your camera or smartphone, then power up and go.
The transmitter can send the mic signal to up to four receivers at once, a powerful feature for a 2.4 GHz system and great for shoots with several B-roll cameras operating simultaneously. In addition, up to 4 mic systems can operate at the same location at the same time.
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries ensure that you'll have plenty of operating time, even for all-day shoots. Whether you work with a smartphone, camcorder, or mirrorless/DSLR, the PRO-XR provides the simplicity you need for fast setups, and the dependability you require for every gig, even in busy RF environments.
- Clip the lavalier microphone to your subject's clothing, then connect it to the transmitter's 3.5mm mic input. Alternatively, you can route signal from a mixer or recorder into the transmitter's 3.5mm aux input.
- Weighing just over two ounces, the compact transmitter can be conveniently placed in a pocket or affixed at the waist via its belt clip.
- Equally compact, the portable receiver includes mounting facilities to allow attachment to a camera, tripod, camera cage, or boompole. Its two 3.5mm outputs enable simultaneous connection to your recording device and a pair of headphones.
- Upon powering on the receiver and transmitter, the PRO-XR is ready to streamline your workflow. There are no menus, groups, channels, or frequencies to worry about.
- No learning curves means that you can spend more time on your content, and less time fussing with settings.
- 2.4 GHz Range: The PRO-XR operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, away from TV and Bluetooth signal interference.
- Frequency Spectrum Auto-Scan: The PRO-XR automatically scans the 2.4 GHz frequency spectrum and selects the 12 best available frequencies to use for its connection.
- Signal-Redundancy Technology: As an additional layer of protection, the PRO-XR employs Azden’s proprietary Signal Redundancy technology. The transmitter sends two copies of its signal to the receiver at all times, each on a different frequency. If the system predicts interference of the primary signal, it will instantly switch to using the secondary signal without any interruptions.
- Automatic Interference Avoidance: The PRO-XR constantly monitors the RF spectrum. When it detects the possibility of an interference, it automatically and seamlessly changes its transmission frequency to a clean one.
- Internal 1200 mAh lithium-ion batteries power the receiver and transmitter for hours upon hours—up to 20 hours for the receiver, and up to 10 to 14 hours for the transmitter (depending on RF power output).
- Recharge the batteries in just 2.5 hours via mini-USB, which can also power the units while charging.
- Change the transmission RF output power of the transmitter to adapt to challenging RF environments. Use the default 20mW setting for optimal battery life.
- Increase the RF output power to 50mW or 100mW for better reception at extreme distances, or to overcome line-of-sight obstructions and over-crowded Wi-Fi environments.
- Combining the 100mW output with the use of the included high-gain transmitter antenna can extend the range of the system up to an incredible 500 feet.
- Low system latency of 4.5 ms.
- 3.5mm mic and headphone outputs on receiver allow simultaneous connection to your recorder and headphones.
- 3.5mm mix and aux inputs on transmitter for connection of a lav/headset mic or a feed from a mixer/recorder.
- Omnidirectional electret condenser microphone provides reliable sound pickup regardless of its angle of orientation
- Includes a clamp-style phone mount with an accessory shoe mount.
- Includes a 3.5mm TRRS adapter cable for smartphones and tablets, and a Lightning-to-headphone adapter for iOS mobile devices that don't have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Rode VXLR is an adapter that lets you connect a mic equipped with a 3.5mm TRS connector to the XLR input of a professional camera, recorder, or mixing console. The VXLR is terminated by a 3.5mm female TRS connector at one end and an XLR male connector at the other.
Offering superior sound quality compared to conventional adapter cables, the Kopul CMCS-1 lets you easily capture sound from two 3.5mm microphones into your DSLR camera or camcorder in discreet mono or combined stereo while bypassing the hassle of a dangling adapter cable.
This simple and lightweight solution utilizes a shoe mount for effortless attachment to your shooting rig, and it features dual mono inputs for external microphones and a 3.5mm stereo output, making connectivity uncomplicated. The onboard switch allows the CMCS-1 to transmit a mixed stereo signal or two individual mono signals to any DSLR camera or camcorder with a 3.5mm input.
The compact and featherlight CMCS-1 is ideal for recording dialogue, narration over ambient sound, or stereo soundscapes and is so straightforward to operate, it will improve your audio without any interruptions for your workflow. Since the CMCS-1 is passive, it requires no batteries or special source of power.
The Vello V-Rig 4.1" Triple Shoe Bracket mounts onto a camera's accessory shoe in order to provide three additional accessory shoes for mounting lights, monitors, microphones, or other accessories. In addition to the shoe mount, a 1/4"-20 thread is also available for attaching the bracket to a tripod, rig, or other bracket featuring a 1/4"-20-threaded mount.
The bracket is constructed from rigid, yet lightweight single-piece aluminum alloy, and the mounting shoes are machined out of the same piece as the bracket, for additional strength. The accessory shoes also feature backstops for greater security when attaching accessories. The bottom shoe that attaches to the camera features a locking pin, which keeps the shoe in place and prevents the shoe from rotating during use.