Designed for outstanding performance on the water with an integrated Suunto analog compass and ranging reticle, the Minox 7x50 BN C II Marine Binoculars combine multiple technologies and features to ensure you make them to your safe harbor while enjoying clear and crisp views from first light through to twilight.
This version of the BN binoculars are outfitted with a 360° compass that appears in-view so you can take your bearings without having to remove your eyes from the oculars. A reticle is also in-view that helps you estimate the range to and size of objects. A translucent window on the top of the compass directs ambient light to illuminate the dial and reticle during the day, and two LR43-size batteries provide red illumination in the dark. An ergonomically placed button activates the illumination only when it's pressed to preserve the battery life.
The binoculars' performance starts with the combination of high magnification and oversized objectives, which produces a wide field of view, large exit pupil, and exceptional eye relief, ensuring maximum comfort and minimal disorientation when using them on rough seas, in a vehicle, or from an aircraft. Anti-reflection fully coated optical surfaces maximize light transmission to ensure bright and crisp high-contrast views with accurate color representation. Added to these features are traditional Porro prisms that present a rich depth of field so you can more easily discern the relative distances between objects in your view, like buoys and boats. When taken together, you are given an immersive observational experience no matter where your adventures or duties take you.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow these binoculars to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. To ensure they won't get lost if they go overboard, they are buoyant, so they can be easily retrieved. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, submersible, and resistant to internal fogging when moving from extreme conditions or temperatures, such as from a warm cabin into the cold predawn hours or from an air conditioned wheel house into a hot and steamy afternoon. The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant thermoplastic material that is wrapped in a rubber armor with raised palm pad ridges that offer improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. A standard 1/4"-20 mount on the front of the bridge hinge allows you to mount your binoculars on a tripod using an optional adapter and eliminates vibrations and hand shake for clearer and crisper views.
From dawn to dusk to piercing thick fog, the Minox 7x50 BN II Marine Binoculars have been engineered to provide outstanding performance in challenging light and environmental conditions.
- Especially useful on rough or rolling seas with its large exit pupil and long eye relief
- Moderate 7x magnification brings subjects in close without narrowing the field of view
- Large 50mm objective lenses boost low-light performance and contribute to the wide exit pupil
- Traditional Porro prism optical path presents a rich depth of field to better judge the relative distances between objects in the field of view
- Fully coated optics improve light transmission for bright high-contrast images with accurate color rendition
- Spacious 395-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Integrated Suunto Compass
- Premium Finnish Suunto compass enables worldwide use in both the northern and southern hemispheres
- Take your bearings without having to remove your eye from the oculars
- 360° in-view compass at the bottom of the field of view
- In-view reticle helps to estimate the range to and size of objects
- Translucent window on the top of the compass housing directs ambient light to illuminate the dial and reticle during the day
- Battery-powered red illumination for taking readings in the dark
- Runs on two included LR43 batteries
- Ergonomically placed button activates the illumination only when pressed to preserve the battery life
Use and Handling
- Individually focusing eyepieces ensure crisp and clear views for all users
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Integrated 1/4"-20 socket accepts optional adapter to enable mounting onto tripods, monopods, window mounts, and other support systems for hands-free viewing
- Exceptional 21mm eye relief provides ample room for use with sunglasses and makes long-duration observation sessions comfortable with reduced eyestrain
- Ultra-wide 7.1mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils to limit disorientation on rough and rolling water and ensures views remain bright and clear in low light
- Buoyant so it won't sink and get lost if it goes overboard
- Lightweight and impact-resistant thermoplastic chassis remains a comfortable temperature regardless of air temperature and resists expansion/contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optics to move out of alignment over time
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to 10' (3m) and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme conditions and temperatures
- Rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Broad 14 to 122°F (-10 to 50°C) operating temperature range
- Weight: 36 ounces