A well-rounded setup, the Canon EOS 90D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm and 55-250mm Lenses Kit from B&H bundles the versatile APS-C-format DSLR with the standard EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM zoom and the telephoto EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM zoom.
Situated as a versatile camera with capable photo and video traits, the Canon EOS 90D is a sleek DSLR also characterized by its high-resolution 32.5MP APS-C CMOS sensor. This updated sensor design achieves enhanced image clarity, resolution, and dynamic range, along with adept sensitivity to ISO 25600 and low noise to suit working in a variety of situations. Combined with advanced image processing, this sensor is also capable of outputting UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p video, as well as supporting continuous stills shooting rates up to 10 fps. When working with the optical viewfinder, an apt 45-point all cross-type AF system affords fast performance in a range of lighting conditions for tracking moving subjects and working in low light, while the 5481-point Dual Pixel CMOS AF system benefits live-view shooting and movie recording by providing a smooth, natural focusing quality akin to the way a camcorder acquires focus. Complementing the imaging capabilities, the 90D sports a vari-angle touchscreen LCD for intuitive control and compositional freedom, and an optical pentaprism viewfinder provides a bright, clear, and realistic viewing means characteristic of the DSLR shooting experience. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to pair mobile devices with the camera to wirelessly transfer files for sharing your photos and movies online.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that features 5481 selectable autofocus points. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. Dual Pixel CMOS AF integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Touchscreen 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
- The pentaprism type optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, AF points and mode, compositional grids, a horizontal electronic level, and other assistive features can be displayed during use.
- Included LP-E6N battery provides approximately 1300 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth connectivity permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities when using the Canon Camera Connect app. This app also enables a mobile raw-editing workflow for greater post-production freedom.
- In-camera 4K time-lapses can be produced, along with 4K frame grabs for effectively shooting 8MP stills at up to 30 fps.
- A revised 220000-pixel AE metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- EOS iTR autofocus provides face detection for refined focus control when shooting portraits.
- Electronic shutter function permits working with shutter speeds up to 1/16000 of a second.
A versatile zoom optimized for both stills and video, the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM from Canon is a 28.8-216mm equivalent lens designed for APS-C-format DSLRs. Incorporating NANO USM technology, this lens is characterized by its combination of a fast, stills-optimized ring-type Ultrasonic Motor and smooth, silent video-optimized stepping motor for all-around focusing performance to benefit multimedia image-makers. This dual-purpose AF motor also offers notably quicker performance throughout the zoom range for more responsive shooting from near to far. Additionally, also aiding both photo and movie recording, an Image Stabilizer system compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. The lens is also compatible with the optional PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter for more natural and controllable zooming performance. Updated to suit the increasing presence of video in a photographer's workflow, this zoom is versatile in regard to both focus handling as well as with its wide-angle to telephoto reach.
In regard to the optical design, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, along with one aspherical element, to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as limit spherical aberrations and distortions for increased clarity and sharpness.
Suitable for distant subject matter, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is an 88-400mm-equivalent zoom for Canon APS-C DSLRs. This lens's long reach is enhanced by the inclusion of an Ultra-Low Dispersion element, which helps to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. A Super Spectra coating is also featured, and minimizes flare and ghosting in order to produce greater contrast when working in bright lighting conditions. Benefitting both photo and video applications, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system is also featured and minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.