Bundled together by B&H for your convenience, this Rode RODECaster Pro Kit provides all the gear four people would need to start podcasting together. Included in the kit is the RODECaster Pro, four Rode Procaster Broadcast microphones, four shockmounts for the mics, four broadcast arms with included XLR cabling, four pairs of Shure SRH440 headphones, four extender cables for the headphones, and a microSDHC card.
The RODECaster Pro is a complete mixing and recording solution for creating podcasts, a studio that incorporates all the professional tools of the trade in a compact all-in-one unit. Four high-quality preamps, a phone tap for taking calls or VOiP, multitrack recording, built-in effects, and more are on hand.
The Procaster Broadcast Mic is designed for capturing speech in an a podcast context, offering a tight cardioid polar pattern and tailored frequency response that result in optimum speech reproduction without off-axis noise.
Mount the mics with the shockmounts atop the broadcast arms, which clamp to your desk for a professional, radio-studio look. Plug the headphones into the RODECaster so everyone can hear themselves, and use the extender cables if you're far away from the RODECaster when you're recording. The microSDHC card is essential, as it allows you to record audio without a computer.
Rode RODECaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Studio
Creating a quality podcast just got a lot easier with the RODECaster Pro from Rode, a revolutionary podcast studio that incorporates all the professional tools of the trade in a compact all-in-one unit. It is well suited for professionals or for those who are just starting out and in need of a straightforward solution. The unit simplifies the technical aspects of podcast production so you can focus on making great content using the company's world-renowned broadcast-quality audio.
The RODECaster Pro integrates a mixer, sound effects player, phone tap for taking phone calls, recorder, and more, all in one box—saving you the time and hassle of setting up the components by yourself and at a cost significantly lower than buying them separately. It offers a powerful platform to get up and running right away, recording sophisticated podcasts in the studio or on the move.
Offering an internal recorder and a host of podcast-friendly features, the RODECaster Pro lets you produce and mix podcasts on the fly with up to four microphones, music, prerecorded segments, and remote guests on calls all going on at once. The unit offers mix-minus functions over the TRRS, Bluetooth, and USB connections facilitating echo-free interviews via phone or app calls. With smartly designed features like main host channel controls, programmable sound pads for launching jingles and FX, and APHEX processing that gives your voice the rich and warm sound of a professional broadcaster, this console is destined to become a standard in the field of podcast production.
The RODECaster Pro goes beyond what a traditional mixing console does. It is equipped with four high-quality XLR mic inputs, four discrete headphone outputs, eight faders to control audio levels, and Bluetooth, USB, and TRRS connectivity. The unit captures audio internally to a microSD card or to your computer via USB, and its flexible workflow lets you record a mixed-down stereo file for fast uploading to your hosting service while also recording each of the sources to its own track for later post-production.
Easy to operate with ergonomically located controls and a large full-color touchscreen, the RODECaster Pro is ready to use within minutes of opening the box. Just add mics (such as the perfectly matched Rode PodMic), broadcast boom arms, headphones, and a microSD card, and you're ready to start recording your podcast or to begin streaming it live via your smartphone or computer.
Start a 4-Person Podcast in Minutes
- Quickly connect microphones for you and your guests—up to four people. The four, high-quality microphone XLR inputs, each with 48V phantom power, are capable of powering studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones.
- With automatic level setting and one-touch recording to the onboard microSD card, you can start recording your first podcasts within minutes of taking the RODECaster Pro out of the box. Onboard presets for a variety of microphones deliver broadcast-quality sound with a single touch.
8 Sound Pads with FX Save You Time in Post-Production
- Sound effects are perfect for giving your podcast a polished feel and the eight sound pads allow you to instantly launch effects, music, jingles, applause, prerecorded interviews, ads—saving you the time and hassle of adding them later in post-production.
- You can record audio directly to the pads from any of the audio inputs, or simply drag and drop files from your computer using the RODECaster Pro app (free download).
- You can even select the color of your choice for the pad illumination, a convenient way to remember which effect is on which pad.
Interview a Guest Remotely via Phone Call
- Interview a guest for your podcast remotely, via a phone call or apps like Skype, FaceTime, and more.
- Prevent echoes: simply connect your smartphone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth or TRRS cable, or to your computer via USB, and the unit automatically provides a mix-minus, preventing the person on the other end of the call from hearing a distracting echo.
- Achieve clear-sounding podcasts without the need to purchase additional hardware or setup complex signal routings with cables.
RODE Renowned Broadcast-Quality Audio
- The four pristine mic preamps feature servo-biased Class-A circuitry, which provides a clean gain structure with low levels of distortion, for a low-noise signal that rivals the best broadcast consoles.
- Each preamp provides +48V phantom power on rugged Neutrik XLR connectors, giving you the option to use condenser microphones for a bright and transparent voice.
APHEX Processing for Rich and Warm Voice
- The sound of your microphones can be quickly enhanced with the onboard APHEX Exciter and Big Bottom processors.
- Found in most broadcast studios, the Exciter elevates speech clarity, while the Big Bottom adds that warm and deep voice-of-God low-frequency punch to your voice.
- These effects are also available to bring out the details of the music or speech audio from your Bluetooth, USB, or TRRS connections.
Shape Your Sound with Intuitive Audio Processing
- The RODECaster Pro is equipped with advanced audio processing options for each channel. From a list of mic profiles, choose the one that is most similar to the actual mic you are using on your voice, and the software will automatically match the digital signal processing to that microphone.
- Voice settings are also available to compensate for the strength and tone of the participant's voices. You can select either the Deep, Medium, or High voice preset; the Soft preset for soft-spoken speakers; or the Strong preset for those with louder voices.
- The levels can also be programmed to dynamically change the loudness of the voice of the person speaking, making it easy for users without any audio experience to perfectly set the gain on their microphone. Also included is a set of multistage dynamics effects, such as compression, limiting, de-essing, and noise-gating.
Stay in Control of Your Podcast
- The Main Host channel (Mic Channel 1) features Ducking, which turns down all audio sources every single time the host speaks. This allows the host to always be heard even when multiple people are speaking over one another.
- The host has exclusive access to advanced functions to control the flow of the podcast during the recording, such as muting and soloing channels using buttons located along the front of the unit.
Capture Your Podcast Without a Separate Recorder
- The RODECaster Pro features an internal microSD card recorder capable of recording a stereo “live mix” of your podcast along with 12 additional tracks for each of the sources—one mono track per microphone and a stereo track for each of the following: the USB source, the 3.5mm TRRS input, the Bluetooth stream, and the summed output of the sound pads.
- Simply insert the card in the slot on the back of the unit, and hit the record button.
- A timer on the touchscreen lets you know how long you have been broadcasting.
- You can also add markers to your podcast on the fly, to mark significant passages while recording.
- To prevent you from accidentally ruining your podcast, you cannot access any advanced settings while in record mode.
Stream, Record, and Playback on Your Computer
- The RODECaster Pro is a class-compliant USB audio interface.
- This means you can connect the unit to your computer via USB and record 12 tracks of individual sources along with a stereo mix of your podcast to your favorite DAW or recording software. You can also bring in audio from your computer to the dedicated USB channel on the RODECaster Pro.
Clear Headphone Monitoring for Host and Guests
- The RODECaster Pro comes equipped with four, high-powered headphone outputs using discrete circuitry for clarity and presence.
- Each person has an individual volume control so that they can monitor comfortably while recording the podcast.
- For convenience, the host channel has the option to plug a set of headphone with a 3.5mm plug directly into the front of the unit.
- A switchable headphone limiter protects you from deafening spikes.
Plugs Easily into a Live PA System
- If you're hosting your podcast at live events with an audience, a set of speaker outputs with a dedicated volume control allows you to connect the RODECaster Pro to a PA system.
- You can amplify the podcast for your live audience, while streaming to your audiences all around the world via USB connectivity.
Rode Procaster Broadcast Quality Dynamic Microphone
The Procaster Broadcast Quality Dynamic Microphone from Rode is designed for capturing speech in broadcast radio, voice-over recording, podcasts, and similar applications. It features a tight cardioid polar pattern and tailored frequency response that result in optimum speech reproduction without off-axis noise. The all metal contruction, internal pop-filter, and internal shockmount further minimize handling noise and contribute to the microphone's durability. The package includes a microphone stand mount and a zip pouch.
Auray BAI-2X Two-Section Broadcast Arm with Internal Springs and Integrated XLR Cable
The Auray BAI-2X is a two-section broadcast arm with internal springs and an integrated XLR cable. This versatile and sturdy broadcast arm is great for studio as well as home use. It's ideal for broadcast, voiceover, and podcasts.
The BAI-2X broadcast arm is designed with internal springs that provide a clean and sleek look. The internal balance springs are precision engineered to support and hold in place microphones of up to 5 lb / 2.27kg. The design also minimizes handling noise when re-positioning the arm. The broadcast arm features a standard 5/8"-27 microphone stud mount that is compatible with most shockmounts and microphone clips. The angle of the microphone stud mount can be adjusted and secured with the locking knob, and the angle is maintained when re-positioning the arm. This eliminates the need to readjust it every time the arm is moved. With an extension of up to 40 inches, and the ability to rotate the arm 360°, the BAI-2X allows for precise microphone placement.
The BAI-2X also features a heavy-duty combo mount that consists of a sturdy C-clamp and a heavy-metal desktop mount. The C-clamp is capable of fastening onto desktops up to 2.3" thick. The C-clamp's slim design minimizes the clearance needed to mount it between a desk and wall. The desktop mount detaches from the C-clamp and provides the option of permanent installation to a desktop with the mounting screws (included). A 14" riser is included for adding height to the broadcast arm in order to extend over computer or studio monitors.
Rode PSM1 Shockmount for Rode Podcaster or Procaster Microphone
The Rode PSM1 Shockmount is designed to hold a Rode Podcaster or Procaster microphone. Attach it to a studio boom arm such as the Rode PSA1, or to a mic stand like the Rode DS1 (microphones, boom arms, and mic stands available separately). The shockmount provides adequate protection against noise caused by movement, vibration, noise, etc.
Shure SRH440 Professional Around-Ear Stereo Headphones
The SRH440 around-ear headphones from Shure provide high-quality audio ideal for professional applications, such as studio monitoring or DJ mixing. The headphones have large drivers that provide clear, detailed audio with a wide frequency response. The closed-back design helps to reduce ambient noise while the swivel earcups provide easy single-ear monitoring. The headphones can also fold down for easy storage in the included carrying bag.
The thick around-ear cushions provide long-lasting comfort and are easily replaced. The adjustable headband is generously padded and can fit virtually any head size. The coiled, single-sided cable provides a variable amount of slack and is resistant to tangles. It can also be detached for easy replacement, and has a bayonet clip to keep it securely attached to the earcup. The gold-plated 3.5mm mini plug and 1/4" adapter provide wide compatibility with MP3 players, CD players, computers, and more.
SanDisk 32GB Ultra UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
Designed for use in Android smartphones and tablets, the class 10 32GB Ultra UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card is a micro-size Secure Digital High Capacity memory card. With 32GB of data storage capacity, the card provides ample space for photos and videos captured with your camera or smartphone. Download the Memory Zone app from the Google Play store and easily manage your media right from your phone.
This microSDHC memory offers an SD Class 10 rating along with an Ultra High Speed Class 1 rating, for read speeds up to 98 MB/s and lower write speeds that should at least be able to exceed the Class 10 minimum of 10 MB/s. These speeds make the card ideal for capture and transfer of full HD 1080p video. A built-in write-protect switch found on the SD adapter prevents accidental data loss.
You can insert the card into any microSDHC-compatible device, such as a mobile phone. Plus, the included microSD adapter enables you to insert the card into any full-sized SD slot, making it compatible with SDHC-compatible devices like digital cameras and card readers. As far as durability, this compact memory solution is waterproof, shockproof, and protected against X-rays. It's also backed by a ten-year limited warranty in the USA.