The Tether Tools Air Direct Wireless Tethering System is a compact transceiver that provides remote camera control capabilities as well as high-speed raw and JPEG image transfer using a computer or mobile device. Air Direct creates an 802.11ac ad-hoc Wi-Fi network for connecting to a computer or mobile device and can also bridge to an existing network, keeping the computer internet connection accessible when using the device. The Air Direct attaches to a compatible camera via its USB port and can be mounted to accessory shoe or to the side of the camera with an optional Arca Clamp.
Users of Mac or Windows computers installed with tethering software such as Capture One, Adobe Lightroom, Smart Shooter, DarkRoom, Canon EOS Utility, Nikon Camera Control Pro 2, Sony Imaging Edge, FUJIFILM X Acquire, Helicon Remote, AstroDSLR, and many other tethering software programs can maintain their workflow without the limitations associated with physical camera-to-computer cables. For select Canon and Nikon cameras, the Air Remote App provides compatibility with iOS or Android devices.
- High-speed wireless tethering system connects compatible Canon, FUJIFILM, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Phase One, Hasselblad, or Leica cameras to a computer or mobile device
- Enables wireless camera control as well as simultaneous raw and JPEG image transfer
- Use with Capture One, Lightroom, Smart Shooter, DarkRoom, Canon EOS Utility, Nikon Camera Control Pro 2, Helicon Remote, AstroDSLR, or Phocus tethering software installed on a Mac or Windows computer
- Air Remote App provides compatibility with iOS or Android devices for select Canon and Nikon users
- Connects to a compatible camera via USB-C connection and creates an 802.11ac ad-hoc Wi-Fi network
- Allows access to available Internet services
- Bridge Mode feature expands wireless tethering workflows by allowing users to bring images directly into their tethering software, send images via an FTP site, share them with clients, post to social media, stream music, and more
- LP-E6 battery, DC, and USB power options
- macOS Catalina users can tether and ingest images into any workflow software, using Smart Shooter, until Catalina support is available
- Air Direct Utility is fully compatible with macOS (including Catalina) and Windows operating systems. Mac OS Catalina was added in the August 2020 update. Existing users simply download the new Air Direct Utility at https://www.tethertools.com/adu/