The black Sennheiser MD 5235 is a microphone capsule for handheld transmitters in the 3000/5000 Series. It is designed to mount on the SKM 5200 and all variants of the SKM 5000 transmitters.
The MD 5235 features a cardioid dynamic capsule with a design based on the Sennheiser e900 Series vocal microphones. It is acoustically optimized for loud-stage use, with sound characteristics that allow the vocalist to cut through high sound levels on stage.
- The capsule's directivity changes from narrow, supercardioid at high frequencies, to cardioid in the mids, and to wide-cardioid at low frequencies. This reduces feedback caused by high frequencies, while maintaining a rich, full low end.
- Proximity effect, sensitivity to wind, and handling noise is reduced.
- Rugged sound inlet basket for rough stage use
- Shockmounted capsule minimizes handling noise and vibration
- Feedback rejection
- High speech intelligibility
- Hum-compensating coil protects against electromagnetic interference
- Lightweight aluminium voice coil for excellent transient and good treble response