The black Sennheiser SKM 9000 COM is a professional handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with the EM 9046 Digital 9000 wireless receiver, as part of an ultrareliable wireless system. This version features a Command button that enables the performer to talk to the engineer or production crew—without being heard by the audience.
The SKM 9000 COM features an interchangeable microphone capsule design and is offered without a capsule, so you can choose the mic that works best for you. It even accepts the famed Neumann capsules, revered by vocalists and performers worldwide.
The transmitter is also compatible with the EM 6000 and EK 6042 receivers operating in Long Range (LR) mode. Either a BA 60 rechargeable battery pack or a B 60 battery case with two AA batteries is required for powering (both available separately). The BA 60 powers the unit for approximately 5.5 hours.
With lightweight, yet durable magnesium housing, the user-friendly SKM 9000 COM delivers pristine, top-tier digital sound quality and uncompromising reliability for high-profile sound-reinforcement applications in theaters, corporate installations, broadcast studios, and music venues.
Mission-Critical Performance for Live Productions
- The Digital 9000 Series uses Sennheiser's Long Range (LR) mode (with proprietary SeDAC audio codec), for outstanding digital audio quality. This setting operates on 25mW of RF output power.
- A second setting, the High Definition (HD) mode, uses an uncompressed transmission technique for pure and pristine digital audio. Operating at 10mW, this setting results in a shorter transmission range.
Rock-Solid Reliability with More Channels
- The Digital 9000's Intermodulation-free transmission allows for operation in an equidistant frequency grid for more channels at once and worry-free signal stability, even when transmitters are close to each other on stage.
- The extended 58 MHz switching bandwidth provides extra flexibility to find more available channels in challenging RF environments.
Stage-Ready Magnesium Housing
- Specially designed magnesium housing means the handheld transmitter is not only lightweight, but tough enough to handle the rigors of even the most intense performances.
- Proprietary Digital 9000 Series encryption ensure private, secure transmission.
Interchangeable Mic Capsule Design with Neumann Options
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to choose the microphone that's ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter. Capsule options include the MMD 935, MMD 835, MMD 845, MMD 945, MME 865, MMK 965, MD 9235, ME 9002, ME 9004, and ME 9005 as well as the Neumann KK 204 and KK 205 (all available separately).
Long Running Time
- The rechargeable BA 60 battery pack (available separately) gives you up to 5.5 hours of operation.
- The B 60 battery case (available separately) allows two AA batteries to power the unit.
- The battery status is displayed on the transmitter as well as on the receiver for remote battery-life monitoring.
- EM 9046 as well as the EM 6000 and EK 6042 in Long Range mode
- The Command button enables a second audio channel between the transmitter and a compatible receiver equipped with a command switch.
- Pressing the button routes the audio signal to a second output on the receiver. It allows this second audio signal to be routed to a broadcast production producer, for example, allowing the artist to directly address the control room off-air on a private channel.
Simple Operation for Complex Productions
- The menu-driven user interface with a backlit LCD is remarkably simple and intuitive.
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared to receive channel, gain, low-pass filter settings, and more.
- Adjust the mic gain in 3 dB steps from 0 to +62 dB for use with powerful singing voices or in quiet interview situations.
- The low-cut filter can be turned off or set at 80, 100, or 120 Hz to reduce unwanted low-frequency noise such as wind and handling noise.
- The automatic lock mode prevents accidental or unauthorized setting changes during events.