Ideal for four-person podcasts, this B&H Kit features the Zoom LiveTrak L-8 portable 8-channel digital mixer and multitrack recorder, four Shure SM7B cardioid dynamic vocal microphones, four broadcast arms with internal springs and integrated XLR cables, four pairs of over-ear, closed-back headphones, and a microSDHC card. With transparent mic preamps, 10 faders for controlling audio levels, a phone tap for call-in interviews, six sound pads, and multiple independent headphone outputs, this kit empowers you with the quality and functionality you need to produce competitive podcasts.
Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable 8-Channel Digital Mixer and Multitrack Recorder
The Zoom LiveTrak L-8 digital mixer and recorder puts the flexibility of Zoom's popular LiveTrak L-Series range in a compact and portable format that's optimized for podcasting and music production on the go. The LiveTrak L-8 provides tactile controls and intuitive functionality, so you can start a podcasting or music recording session in minutes.
With six mic preamps, four independent headphone outputs, a phone tap for call-in interviews, and six sound pads, the LiveTrak L-8 can easily handle roundtable podcasts or tracking multiple musicians. Since it can be operated on AA batteries or a USB power supply, it can join you no matter where you go to record.
Whether you record to an SD card, stream via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device, or do both at the same time, the LiveTrak L-8 gives you up to 12 channels of simultaneous multitrack recording. Just add microphones (dynamic or condenser), hook up headphones, and get ready to produce quality content in no time.
Panel Podcasts are No Problem
- Thanks to its six transparent, low-noise mic preamps with selectable phantom power, the LiveTrak L-8 can accommodate dynamic or condenser microphones for you and multiple guests.
- Just insert an SDHC or SDXC card to start recording right away. Keep in mind that you can multitrack record via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device (separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit required) whether or not you track to an SD card.
- No matter which media you choose, the L-8 records separate tracks to ensure flexibility in post-production processes such as editing and mixing.
Six Sound Pads for Triggering Samples or Music
- Use sound effects and music clips to add excitement to your podcast. The LiveTrak L-8 features six assignable sound pads that allow you to instantly trigger effects, music, applause, prerecorded interviews, or ads.
- The LiveTrak L-8 comes with 13 preset sounds for its sound pads, making it ready for out-of-the-box production.
Easy Phone Call Interviews
- The LiveTrak L-8's phone tap lets you easily interview a guest who is calling in remotely on the phone or via common apps like Skype and FaceTime.
- Simply connect your mobile device to the 3.5mm TRRS port using the supplied TRRS cable (some iOS devices may require a Lightning to headphone jack adapter), and the L-8 utilizes a mix-minus function to ensure that the caller won't hear their own voice echoing back to them.
Multiple Independent Headphone Outputs
- The host and each guest in your podcast should clearly hear the content of your production. The L-8 offers four 1/4" stereo headphone outputs with independent level controls and mix selectors.
- The main headphone output is sourced from the master output while the three other headphone outs can be assigned to the master mix or an independent cue mix.
- Connect the balanced XLR stereo master outputs to a pair of active speakers for convenient monitoring.
Track Song Demos with Multiple Musicians
- You can easily record song demos and live performances with multiple musicians using the LiveTrak L-8.
- The first two channels of the L-8 support 1/4" Hi-Z inputs for direct connection of instruments such as a guitar and bass.
- Channels 7-8 feature 1/4" line inputs, which can be used to plug in a drum machine or stereo keyboard.
- Utilize the remaining inputs (channels 3-6) for mics on sources such as vocals and drums.
- The four 1/4" headphone outputs allow you to create custom mixes for each musician.
Flexible Powering Methods
- Conveniently run the L-8 in remote locations via four AA batteries—up to 2 hours via alkaline batteries, up to 3.5 hours via 1900 mAh NiMH batteries, or up to 6.5 hours via lithium batteries (batteries available separately).
- A USB cable and the Zoom AD-17 USB-to-AC adapter are included for powering the L-8 from an AC outlet.
- Alternatively, you can power the L-8 via a USB battery or power bank.
- The L-8's USB connection is designed to eliminate accidental interruptions, giving you power on which you can rely.
Efficiently Save and Recall Entire Scenes
- Set your levels, dial in the mix, then save your settings in one of the L-8's seven scene presets.
- Recall a scene at the push of a button to instantly reconfigure the L-8.
- Create different scenes for common scenarios such as podcasting, live streaming, band rehearsals, and more.
Record up to 12 Tracks
- The L-8 records up to 10 discrete tracks and a stereo mix directly to an SD card at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
- Use the L-8 as a 12-input / 4-output audio interface with your computer or iOS mobile device via USB at up to 24-bit / 48 kHz.
- Punch record and overdub at any time for more complex productions.
- Optimize the sound of your tracks via onboard effects and each channel's 3-band EQ and low-cut filter (effects, EQ, and overdub functions are unavailable at 96 kHz).
Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
The Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone is a dynamic microphone with a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications.
It features a cardioid polar pattern, bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls, and shielding against broadband interference. An internal air suspension shock isolation helps to eliminate mechanical noise transmission, and a yoke mount facilitates mounting and provides precise control of the mic position.
Flat, Wide-Range Frequency Response
Rejection of Electromagnetic Hum
Air Suspension Shock Isolation
Cardioid Polar Pattern
Auray BAI-2X Two-Section Broadcast Arm with Internal Springs and Integrated XLR Cable
The Auray BAI-2X is a two-section broadcast arm with internal springs and an integrated XLR cable. This versatile and sturdy broadcast arm is great for studio as well as home use. It's ideal for broadcast, voiceover, and podcasts.
The BAI-2X broadcast arm is designed with internal springs that provide a clean and sleek look. The internal balance springs are precision engineered to support and hold in place microphones of up to 5 lb / 2.27kg. The design also minimizes handling noise when re-positioning the arm. The broadcast arm features a standard 5/8"-27 microphone stud mount that is compatible with most shockmounts and microphone clips. The angle of the microphone stud mount can be adjusted and secured with the locking knob, and the angle is maintained when re-positioning the arm. This eliminates the need to readjust it every time the arm is moved. With an extension of up to 40 inches, and the ability to rotate the arm 360°, the BAI-2X allows for precise microphone placement.
The BAI-2X also features a heavy-duty combo mount that consists of a sturdy C-clamp and a heavy-metal desktop mount. The C-clamp is capable of fastening onto desktops up to 2.3" thick. The C-clamp's slim design minimizes the clearance needed to mount it between a desk and wall. The desktop mount detaches from the C-clamp and provides the option of permanent installation to a desktop with the mounting screws (included). A 14" riser is included for adding height to the broadcast arm in order to extend over computer or studio monitors.
Shure SRH240A Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones (New Packaging)
The Shure SRH240A are closed-back, over-ear headphones offering high-quality audio reproduction for general listening in a lightweight and comfortable design. Large 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers provide clear, detailed sound with a wide frequency response while the closed-back earcup design helps block out ambient noise.
The re-engineered construction features thick over-ear cushions and an adjustable headband that deliver long-lasting comfort, allowing you to listen for hours without fatigue. The earpads can be easily replaced to keep the headphones comfortable for years to come. The oxygen-free copper cable offers plenty of slack and has a gold-plated 3.5mm TRS plug and a 1/4" adapter for wide compatibility with consumer and professional audio gear.
Lexar 32GB High-Performance 633x UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter
Designed for sports camcorders, tablets, smartphones, any other microSDHC-compatible devices, the 32GB High-Performance 633x UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card from Lexar can be used to record Full HD, 3D, and 4K video. This card has a capacity of 32GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of U1, which provides minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s. In case your device does not support the UHS-I bus, this card also supports the Class 10 standard, which also features minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
Lexar's 32GB UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card supports a maximum read speed of 95 MB/s, a maximum write speed of 20 MB/s, and is able to store up to 36 hours of video, 67,600 photos, or 58,100 songs. Included is an SD adapter, allowing this card to be used in card readers or devices that have an SD slot.
Capture Adventures in HD
Do More with Your Multimedia
Get More from Your Device
Transfer Files with the Included SD Adapter
Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-4 Rackmount Mic Activator
The Cloudlifter CL-4 Mic Activator from Cloud Microphones is a single rack-space, four-input solution for common audio problems in the field and in the studio involving low-output passive microphones, including ribbon mics. The CL-4 uses any standard phantom-powered mixer or microphone input device to provide up to +25 dB of clean, transparent gain. This improves signal-to-noise ratio and improves the performance of passive microphone signals by driving stronger, cleaner signals over longer XLR cable runs, making them ideal for broadcast, live, and studio applications. The CL-4 is housed in a rugged steel enclosure which offers shielding and durability.
Useful for a Variety of Applications
- Use with noisy or low-gain preamps
- Use with mixers/preamps that negatively impact the sound at higher gain settings
- Use with low-output dynamic microphones and ribbons
- Mic softer sound sources such as acoustic instruments and voice
- Use for long cable runs
Features at a Glance
- Gives passive mics up to +25 dB additional active output
- Provides 2 distinct stages of clean gain
- Easy to use self-contained design requires only phantom power
- Recommended for use with all passive dynamic microphones
- Compatible with tube, battery, or power-supply-driven microphones
- Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Class-A, discrete JFET circuitry
- Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance at 3 kilohms
- Rugged, road ready, and portable, for studio, stage, and broadcasting
Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (6', Black)
The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (6') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise. While the cable's color-coding affords the ability to quickly differentiate between multiple connections on stage, it provides a pleasant aesthetic quality at the same time.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24-AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. The 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.