For the mobile producer or audiophile on the go, the foldable Audeze LCD-1 are high-performance reference planar magnetic headphones, designed for professional mixing, mastering, and reference level personal Hi-Fi listening when connected to a low-powered external headphone amplifier or portable device. The LCD-1 is a "critical tool" for anyone who values pure, neutral, and accurate sound. The soundstage and pin-point imaging reveal the full depth and detail of the music empowering producers to fine-tune their mix with complete confidence.
The headphones are sensitive enough to be driven by portable music players such as iPods, iPhones, and other smartphones. Instead of utilizing traditional dynamic cone drivers, the headphones implement a neodymium planar magnetic transducer design to deliver a frequency response of 10 Hz to 50 kHz with a THD of less than 0.1%, an impedance of 16 Ohms, an efficiency of 99 dB per 1 mW, and a total output SPL of over 120 dB when driven by 15 watts.
The benefits of a planar magnetic design include faster transient response due to the lighter diaphragm, a wide frequency response with low distortion, better heat dissipation, fewer moving parts for greater durability without the kind of sonic degradation that cones are susceptible to, and better amplifier compatibility because the circuit functions as an almost entirely restive load.
The magnetic structure creates a uniform magnetic field across the diaphragm without the need for additional ferromagnetic material traditionally found in other planar headphones to remove magnetic interference, reduce harmonic distortion, and lower overall weight. The headphones also feature Audeze's patent pending Fazor elements that guide and manage the flow of sound through the earcups for a more enveloping sound stage and improved frequency extension.
Featuring a plush memory foam headband and earpads, the LCD-1 is engineered for fatigue-free listening sessions both at home and in the studio. The Audeze LCD-1 are handmade in the USA and ship with a 3.5mm to dual 3.5mm audio cable, 1/4" adapter, and zippered travel case. A certificate of authenticity is also included.
- Open Circumaural Design: Enhanced transparency and sound stage
- 90mm Over-Ear Planar Drivers: Wide dynamic range
- Ultrathin Uniforce Diaphragms: Remarkable sonic detail and accuracy
- Fluxor Magnets: Powerful sound and efficiency
- Fazor Waveguides: Deep, rich bass with low audible distortion
- Lightweight construction with robust memory foam earpads and headband for extended comfort during long listening sessions
- Foldable design suitable for mixing/listening on the go
- 3.5mm premium cable for tangle-free connection, with reversible headphone connectors for ease of setup
- 1/4'' adapter included
- Travel case included
- Designed and built in the USA