The red Behringer MS-1-RD is a faithful recreation of the monophonic SH-101. With 32 full-sized keys and a pure analog signal path, it is well suited for creating a range of sounds from super fat bass and lead tones to mindbending effects. The included performance kit, which consists of an attachable handgrip and guitar strap, allows the instrument to be strapped on like a guitar for live performance. Additionally, the MS-1-RD is great for studio use with its standard MIDI (In/Out/Thru), USB MIDI, and extensive 1/4" and 1/8" inputs and outputs, which allow for the connection to additional external gear such as other keyboards and modular synthesizers.
At the heart of the MS-1-RD, lies an authentic 3340 voltage controlled oscillator (VCO), which provides four simultaneously mixable waveforms including saw, triangle, square/PWM, and an octave-divided square sub-oscillator. The VCO can be adjusted over a four-octave range (16, 8, 4, and 2), offering remarkable flexibility. The highly flexible voltage controlled filter (VCF) includes faders for cutoff (10 Hz to 20 kHz), resonance (0 to self-oscillation), envelope depth, modulation depth, and keyboard follow (0 to 100%). The VCF can be modulated by the ADSR, keyboard, and bender controller. Additionally, the VCF has a dedicated FM source with a wide selection of waveforms for creating audio-rate filter timbres. The envelope generator with dedicated faders for ADSR can be used to control the VCA, VCF, and even the VCO, while the dedicated LFO offers a rate fader, waveform selector (tri, square, random, noise), and an LFO rate switch (H, M, L), which can be selected to modulate the VCO, VCF, and VCA as well.
The onboard sequencer allows you to program up to 32 steps and rests and save them into one of the 64 pattern slots, all of which are stored in eight banks of eight. A sequence can be created via keyboard mode or step mode. The onboard arpeggiator features eight patterns you can use just by playing a chord, which the arpeggiator then sequences through your selected pattern. Both the sequencer and arpeggiator in the MS-1-RD are ready for composing or live performance.
Other notable features include glide (portamento), which enables sliding note pitches for acid-style leads and bass; an assignable bender that offers control over the VCO and VCF circuits, as well as the pitch modwheel on the attachable handgrip. It's even possible to modulate the pulse wave via the LFO, envelope, or manually, for sounds ranging from mild to wild. The red Behringer MS-1-RD includes the performance kit and a power adapter.
- Monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analog oscillator for remarkable music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF, and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously mixable waveforms:
- Octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking, and bender controller
- Six FM sources allow for creative VCF modulation and wild filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for smooth wave shaping
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with a wide selection of patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitchbend wheel and pitch-modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF, and pitch modwheel on attachable handgrip
- Noise generator can be used as modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Portamento function for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope, and manually
- 57 sliders and switches for direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer