Ideal for four-person podcasts, this B&H Kit features the Zoom LiveTrak L-8 portable 8-channel digital mixer and multitrack recorder, four Heil Sound PR 30B supercardioid dynamic vocal microphones, four broadcast arms with internal springs and integrated XLR cables, four pairs of over-ear, closed-back headphones, and a microSDHC card. With transparent mic preamps, 10 faders for controlling audio levels, a phone tap for call-in interviews, six sound pads, and multiple independent headphone outputs, this kit empowers you with the quality and functionality you need to produce competitive podcasts.
Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable 8-Channel Digital Mixer and Multitrack Recorder
The Zoom LiveTrak L-8 digital mixer and recorder puts the flexibility of Zoom's popular LiveTrak L-Series range in a compact and portable format that's optimized for podcasting and music production on the go. The LiveTrak L-8 provides tactile controls and intuitive functionality, so you can start a podcasting or music recording session in minutes.
With six mic preamps, four independent headphone outputs, a phone tap for call-in interviews, and six sound pads, the LiveTrak L-8 can easily handle roundtable podcasts or tracking multiple musicians. Since it can be operated on AA batteries or a USB power supply, it can join you no matter where you go to record.
Whether you record to an SD card, stream via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device, or do both at the same time, the LiveTrak L-8 gives you up to 12 channels of simultaneous multitrack recording. Just add microphones (dynamic or condenser), hook up headphones, and get ready to produce quality content in no time.
Panel Podcasts are No Problem
- Thanks to its six transparent, low-noise mic preamps with selectable phantom power, the LiveTrak L-8 can accommodate dynamic or condenser microphones for you and multiple guests.
- Just insert an SDHC or SDXC card to start recording right away. Keep in mind that you can multitrack record via USB to a computer or iOS mobile device (separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit required) whether or not you track to an SD card.
- No matter which media you choose, the L-8 records separate tracks to ensure flexibility in post-production processes such as editing and mixing.
Six Sound Pads for Triggering Samples or Music
- Use sound effects and music clips to add excitement to your podcast. The LiveTrak L-8 features six assignable sound pads that allow you to instantly trigger effects, music, applause, prerecorded interviews, or ads.
- The LiveTrak L-8 comes with 13 preset sounds for its sound pads, making it ready for out-of-the-box production.
Easy Phone Call Interviews
- The LiveTrak L-8's phone tap lets you easily interview a guest who is calling in remotely on the phone or via common apps like Skype and FaceTime.
- Simply connect your mobile device to the 3.5mm TRRS port using the supplied TRRS cable (some iOS devices may require a Lightning to headphone jack adapter), and the L-8 utilizes a mix-minus function to ensure that the caller won't hear their own voice echoing back to them.
Multiple Independent Headphone Outputs
- The host and each guest in your podcast should clearly hear the content of your production. The L-8 offers four 1/4" stereo headphone outputs with independent level controls and mix selectors.
- The main headphone output is sourced from the master output while the three other headphone outs can be assigned to the master mix or an independent cue mix.
- Connect the balanced XLR stereo master outputs to a pair of active speakers for convenient monitoring.
Track Song Demos with Multiple Musicians
- You can easily record song demos and live performances with multiple musicians using the LiveTrak L-8.
- The first two channels of the L-8 support 1/4" Hi-Z inputs for direct connection of instruments such as a guitar and bass.
- Channels 7-8 feature 1/4" line inputs, which can be used to plug in a drum machine or stereo keyboard.
- Utilize the remaining inputs (channels 3-6) for mics on sources such as vocals and drums.
- The four 1/4" headphone outputs allow you to create custom mixes for each musician.
Flexible Powering Methods
- Conveniently run the L-8 in remote locations via four AA batteries—up to 2 hours via alkaline batteries, up to 3.5 hours via 1900 mAh NiMH batteries, or up to 6.5 hours via lithium batteries (batteries available separately).
- A USB cable and the Zoom AD-17 USB-to-AC adapter are included for powering the L-8 from an AC outlet.
- Alternatively, you can power the L-8 via a USB battery or power bank.
- The L-8's USB connection is designed to eliminate accidental interruptions, giving you power on which you can rely.
Efficiently Save and Recall Entire Scenes
- Set your levels, dial in the mix, then save your settings in one of the L-8's seven scene presets.
- Recall a scene at the push of a button to instantly reconfigure the L-8.
- Create different scenes for common scenarios such as podcasting, live streaming, band rehearsals, and more.
Record up to 12 Tracks
- The L-8 records up to 10 discrete tracks and a stereo mix directly to an SD card at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
- Use the L-8 as a 12-input / 4-output audio interface with your computer or iOS mobile device via USB at up to 24-bit / 48 kHz.
- Punch record and overdub at any time for more complex productions.
- Optimize the sound of your tracks via onboard effects and each channel's 3-band EQ and low-cut filter (effects, EQ, and overdub functions are unavailable at 96 kHz).
Heil Sound PR 30B Dynamic Supercardioid Studio Microphone (Matte Black)
The matte black PR 30B Dynamic Supercardioid Studio Microphone from Heil Sound is a high-performance dynamic microphone for use in broadcast studios. The large dynamic element produces a smooth response with an articulate and natural midrange, offering a sound very similar to a ribbon microphone. The size of the diaphragm, combined with a low mass and an efficient NdFeB magnet structure, allow the microphone to achieve a wide dynamic range and capture high SPLs, making it a great guitar amp microphone.
The microphone's supercardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis noise, focusing on the sounds in front of it. The steel body and internal hum bucking coil shield the microphone, making it safe for use near video monitors and noisy lighting fixtures. An internal Sorbothane shock mount decouples the microphone's dynamic element from the body to reduce the effects of handling noise.
The PR 30B microphone has a hum bucking coil, in addition to the large shock-mounted diaphragm. Electronic noises will not affect your mix when using the PR 30B near PC monitors in the studio, nor near neon lights and vibration is not an issue with the PR 30B. The PR 30B can handle 146 dB of SPL.
Wide Dynamic Range
Specialized Screen System
Internal Shock Mount
Assembled in the USA
Auray BAI-2X Two-Section Broadcast Arm with Internal Springs and Integrated XLR Cable
The Auray BAI-2X is a two-section broadcast arm with internal springs and an integrated XLR cable. This versatile and sturdy broadcast arm is great for studio as well as home use. It's ideal for broadcast, voiceover, and podcasts.
The BAI-2X broadcast arm is designed with internal springs that provide a clean and sleek look. The internal balance springs are precision engineered to support and hold in place microphones of up to 5 lb / 2.27kg. The design also minimizes handling noise when re-positioning the arm. The broadcast arm features a standard 5/8"-27 microphone stud mount that is compatible with most shockmounts and microphone clips. The angle of the microphone stud mount can be adjusted and secured with the locking knob, and the angle is maintained when re-positioning the arm. This eliminates the need to readjust it every time the arm is moved. With an extension of up to 40 inches, and the ability to rotate the arm 360°, the BAI-2X allows for precise microphone placement.
The BAI-2X also features a heavy-duty combo mount that consists of a sturdy C-clamp and a heavy-metal desktop mount. The C-clamp is capable of fastening onto desktops up to 2.3" thick. The C-clamp's slim design minimizes the clearance needed to mount it between a desk and wall. The desktop mount detaches from the C-clamp and provides the option of permanent installation to a desktop with the mounting screws (included). A 14" riser is included for adding height to the broadcast arm in order to extend over computer or studio monitors.
Shure SRH240A Professional Around-Ear Stereo Headphones
The SRH240A Professional Around-Ear Stereo Headphones from Shure provide high-quality audio in a lightweight and comfortable design. Large 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers provide clear, detailed sound with a wide frequency response while the closed-back earcup design helps to block out ambient noise.
The enhanced design features thick around-ear cushions and an adjustable headband that provide long-lasting comfort, allowing you to listen for hours without fatigue. The OFC cable provides plenty of slack and has a standard 3.5mm plug and a 1/4" adapter for wide compatibility with consumer and professional audio gear.
SanDisk 32GB Ultra UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card (Class 10)
Designed for use in Android smartphones and tablets, the class 10 32GB Ultra UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card is a micro-size Secure Digital High Capacity memory card. With 32GB of data storage capacity, the card provides ample space for photos and videos captured with your camera or smartphone. Download the Memory Zone app from the Google Play store and easily manage your media right from your phone.
This microSDHC memory offers an SD Class 10 rating along with an Ultra High Speed Class 1 rating, for read speeds up to 98 MB/s and lower write speeds that should at least be able to exceed the Class 10 minimum of 10 MB/s. These speeds make the card ideal for capture and transfer of full HD 1080p video. A built-in write-protect switch found on the SD adapter prevents accidental data loss.
You can insert the card into any microSDHC-compatible device, such as a mobile phone. Plus, the included microSD adapter enables you to insert the card into any full-sized SD slot, making it compatible with SDHC-compatible devices like digital cameras and card readers. As far as durability, this compact memory solution is waterproof, shockproof, and protected against X-rays. It's also backed by a ten-year limited warranty in the USA.