Use the Astral 2.4 GHz Wireless Follow Focus System from CAME-TV to wirelessly control the focus, iris, or zoom of most DSLR, mirrorless, or cine-style lenses. The core of the system is the pairing of the focus control motor and the focus handwheel. The units can connect to each other from 328' away using a 2.4 GHz wireless signal. The motor can be mounted using its integrated 15mm rod clamp, and the focus wheel controller can be mounted using its 1/4"-20 thread.
The controller features a built-in marking disk and an OLED display that provides battery level, connection, calibration, travel, and memory information, and its menus can be navigated using the buttons on the controller. The controller and motor also support run/stop and shutter functions, as well as setting hard A/B/C/D limits for more control over your camera and lens. It also features a loop to attach the controller to a strap or lanyard.
The motor features an 0.8 MOD gear and can operate at a high-torque, 0.5Nm speed at a maximum 250 rpm. It has a mini-USB port that allows you to connect a camera for run/stop remote control or update firmware with a separately available cable. It is calibrated by a simple automatic process that can be saved to memory. The handwheel is powered by a built-in 1000mAh LiPo battery that lasts up to 8 hours on a full charge, and the motor is powered by your camera or external battery via the included D-Tap to 6-pin LEMO-type cable.
- Wireless follow focus controller and motor
- 2.4 GHz wireless communication, 2 dBi antenna
- Up to 328' maximum transmission range
- Controller has focus knob, REC/Photo and function buttons, OLED display
- Controller's built-in 1000mAh LiPo battery lasts 8 hours on full charge
- Charge controller with micro-USB cable
- Motor has 0.5Nm torque, maximum speed of 250 rpm
- Low noise at less than 25 dB when at 100 rpm
- Mini-USB port on motor allows camera control
- A/B/C/D hard stops
- 1/4"-20 mounting thread
- Marking disk with light indicator
- Lanyard loop