Featuring a uniquely bright and colorful design with hand-drawn elements, the CL "Edition Paul Smith" from Leica is a limited version of the sleek mirrorless camera, made in collaboration with esteemed fashion designer, Paul Smith. Beyond the eye-catching exterior, this camera, which is available in an edition of 900 sets, is also bundled with a matching multi-colored rope strap, a Leica cleaning cloth, and a special Paul Smith Design box.
The CL is a compact, sleek mirrorless digital camera offering intuitive control and a versatile range of imaging capabilities. Revolving around a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor combination, the CL is capable of producing high-resolution stills at up to 10 fps and UHD 4K/30p video, along with a sensitivity range of ISO 100-50000 for working a variety of lighting conditions. An electronic shutter function permits totally silent operation along with shutter speeds up to 1/25000 sec, and a 49-point contrast-detection autofocus system affords quick and accurate performance.
The characteristic svelte profile incorporates a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder for bright and clear eye-level viewing and a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD enables the use of touch and gesture controls for familiar operation. Additionally, the top plate features its own LCD for quick settings review and two dials and customizable buttons are featured for more direct adjustment of oft-used settings. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity also enables wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
Edition Paul Smith
In addition to the unique camera body, this edition also includes the anodized black Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens, a colorful rope strap, and a cleaning cloth with a photo collage of heritage Leica cameras. This is all packed within a unique Paul Smith Design box and the set is part of a limited edition of 900 units.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor & Leica Maestro II Processor
The sensor and processor also enable UHD 4K video recording at 30 fps for ultra-high resolution playback, along with support for Full HD at 60 fps and HD at 30 fps. Focus peaking is available as well to help ensure your videos are in focus.
49-Point Contrast-Detection AF System
- Built-in electronic viewfinder has a 2.36m-dot resolution and 0.74x magnification for bright, clear eye-level viewing. A manual +/-4m diopter is also available to suit different visions strengths.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design and supports familiar gesture controls for seamless, intuitive navigation while shooting or reviewing imagery.
- Top status LCD is used to quickly monitor shooting settings.
- Top and bottom covers are constructed from milled and anodized aluminum alloy while the front and rear body shells are magnesium alloy for an overall construction that is rigid yet lightweight.
- Two dials with center buttons are featured on the top plate for easy settings adjustment and four-way rear directional pad can be used for intuitive selecting of focus points.