Comprising the essentials needed to begin shooting, the Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens and Software Kit from B&H bundles the advanced DX-format DSLR body and wide-to-tele zoom lens with a memory card and a copy of Skylum Luminar 4 photo editing software.
Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera with 18-140mm Lens
Designed as a true all-arounder, the Nikon D7500 is a DX-format DSLR offering a versatile feature-set to appeal to photographers and videographers alike. Based on a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 5 image processor, this multimedia maven avails an 8 fps continuous shooting rate for up to 100 consecutive JPEGS, a native sensitivity range to ISO 51,200 that can be expanded up to ISO 1,640,000, and 4K UHD video and time-lapse recording capabilities. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a 51-point Multi-CAM 3500FX II autofocus system, which features 15 cross-type points for fast performance and accurate subject tracking capabilities in a variety of lighting conditions.
Balancing the performance attributes, the D7500 is also characterized by its sleek profile and monocoque construction that is comfortable and easy to handle. This physical design is also fully weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environmental conditions. In addition to the pentaprism optical viewfinder, a rear 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen is also featured, and has a tilting design to benefit working from high and low shooting angles. Additionally, SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permit wireless transferring of photos and movies and remote control over the camera from linked mobile devices.
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5 Image Processor
In addition to benefitting image quality, the EXPEED 5 processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a top continuous shooting rate of 8 fps with full-time autofocus and exposure metering. Up to 100 JPEGs or 50 14-bit lossless compressed NEF files can be recorded in a single burst.
4K UHD Video Recording
- 4K UHD movie image format is an area that provides a 1.5x increase in the effective focal length of the lens in use and is reserved for 4K 3840 x 2160 recording.
- 1.3x-based movie image area provides a 1.3x crop of the DX sensor, and is used for recording Full HD and HD video.
- DX-based movie image format utilizes the full width of the DX-format sensor, and is used to record Full HD 1920 x 1080 and HD 1280 x 720 video. This setting is well-suited for shallow depth of field effects and provides the widest field of view.
As with still shooting, the wide range of sensitivities is available for recording in low- and bright-light conditions, ranging from expanded ISO 100-1640000, and sensitivity values are manually adjustable via the dedicated movie-shooting menu. Also, a video-optimized Flat Picture Control mode can be used during recording to flatten the overall contrast curve for more control during post-production and color grading.
Benefitting handheld shooting, an Electronic Vibration Reduction feature can be used during Full HD and HD recording, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake across three axes to control horizontal, vertical, and rotational movements. Additionally, Active D-Lighting can also be employed during Full HD/HD shooting to preserve highlight and shadow detail when working in high-contrast situations.
In regard to handling, a dedicated power aperture button (Pv) makes it possible to achieve smooth, continuous exposure transitions when switching from light to dark areas and Auto ISO can also be used to maintain consistent brightness when working in changing light situations. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality. Regardless if using the in-camera mic or an external mic, audio levels can be adjusted in 20 increments and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
In addition to straight movie recording, time-lapse recording, for up to 9999 consecutive frames shot over the course of up to one week, is also possible with up to 4K UHD/30p output from the camera.
51-Point Multi-CAM 3500FX II Autofocus System
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects.
- A large 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen is available for intuitive live view shooting and playback control, and it features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low shooting angles.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and a 0.94x magnification for clear, realistic viewing in any lighting condition.
- The monocoque-type carbon-fiber construction is lightweight, durable, and incorporates a deep right hand grip for comfortable and stable handling, making it especially suitable for all-day shooting with longer zooms or telephoto lenses.
- Weather-sealed design benefits working in trying environmental conditions.
- Shutter unit has been tested for up to 150,000 cycles for long-lasting use and an integrated shutter monitor automatically calculates the duration between front and rear curtain movements with each exposure to automatically correct for any variances.
- Built-in pop-up flash is available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe can also be used in conjunction with an optional external Speedlight, and, if used with the optional WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller, the camera can control up to three groups of SB-5000 Speedlights via radio.
- The included EN-EL15a rechargeable lithium-ion battery is CIPA-rated to last for approximately 950 shots per charge.
SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
Other Camera Features
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Automated exposure bracketing is possible for up to 9 frames with 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps between each frame.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 5's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine up to 10 different exposures into a single image, with the ability to save all 10 separate shots or just the composite image.
- In-camera raw file batch processing is possible to apply a consistent set of adjustments to several files at once.
- Picture Control: Auto, Flat, Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, and Vivid.
- Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Skylum Luminar 4 (Download)
Making use of advanced AI processes and an intuitive workflow, Luminar 4 from Skylum is an efficient tool for editing and managing a library of images in an effective, seamless, and non-destructive manner. Version 4 revolves around key updates to machine learning technologies, giving way to new tools such as AI Sky Replacement, AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer, and AI Structure for quickly adjusting the look and feel of photographs without needing to employ complex masks, selections, or layers. Raw file processing is also possible, with AI technology and a host of Looks and effects, for making one-click adjustments to photos to achieve repeatable and attractive effects. For consistency, edits can be synced between images, and batch processing also helps to expedite your workflow. Using a dedicated Luminar Library Panel, viewing, sorting, rating, and labeling images is an intuitive process, which also allows you to work with multiple photos at a time. Specialized AI Sky Enhancer and Accent AI tools make it simple to perform a series of adjustments using a single slider, and a collection of more than 45 photo filters lets you finish your photos with style. Additionally, Luminar 4 can be used as a standalone application or as a plug-in with other popular editing applications to easily integrate within your existing editing process.
Luminar 4 Updates and Enhancements
- AI Sky Replacement benefits from machine learning and intelligent algorithms to completely replace the sky in images in order to alter the mood or apparent time of day or season of your photograph. Automated relighting also keeps foreground subjects in harmony with the adjusted sky for a realistic and dynamic appearance without needing to make complex layers or masks.
- AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer use human-aware technology to expedite the process of retouching portraits. Through the use of an intuitive slider system, skin smoothing, teeth whitening, lip reddening, and other common portrait adjustments can be made without the need of masking and selections.
- AI Structure is a content-aware tool that automatically detects elements in an image that could benefit from increased sharpness and detail without affecting other regions that do not require additional sharpness or clarity.
- Accent AI automatically analyzes images and can apply dozens of adjustments with one slider. Using human-aware technology, these automated adjustments can also be applied to images of people for fine-tuned portraits.
- AI Sky Enhancer is a slider dedicated solely to adjusting and perfecting the look of skies, and a specialized Sunrays filter lets you quickly added realistic sun rays to your images.
- Smart Contrast is a more careful and sophisticated means for adjusting contrast in an image, which helps to preserve color and details for more realistic and textured results.
- An updated selection of more than 70 Looks provides one-click results to instantly transform the appearance of your photos. Additionally, custom Looks can be created and saved for future use.
- The Landscape Enhancer toolset helps to fine-tune the look of landscape shots with a series of intuitive sliders, including Dehaze for restoring clarity and color; Golden Hour for adding a warm sunlight effects; and Foliage Enhancer for adjusting the color and hue of plants, trees, and flowers.
- Finalize images with an intelligent object removal tool, a series of Creative effects sliders, adjustable Denoise adjustments, and an intuitive Details Enhancer slider system.
- Fully non-destructive workflow for greater editing freedom
- Luminar Library Panel for viewing and editing multiple photos at a time
- Single Image View, Gallery View, and Filmstrip View to suit different organizational needs
- Fast syncing of adjustments between multiple images for a consistent look
- Images can be rated with stars, marked with color labels, and flagged as favorites or rejects
- Referenced folders stay in sync with current version of edit
- Updated list of criteria for filtering and sorting images more efficiently
- Smart Shortcuts aid in automatically organizing photos
- Luminar Photos Trash helps to keep drives clean and organized when sorting and deleting files
- Quick Edits effects for editing single files
- Luminar Looks uses AI technology to apply quick fixes, adjustments, and effects to images
- Enhanced Info Panel and faster overall processing performance
- Libraries allows you to efficiently view and manage your photos along with the ability to apply ratings and labels for improved file organization.
- Adaptable Workspaces match your style for a more pleasing interface to work within, and include Professional, Quick & Awesome, Aerial, Landscape, Black & White, and more themes.
- After applying edits to a single image, you can then sync your edits with additional images to maintain a cohesive look throughout series and groups of photos.
- More than 45 distinct photo filters are available, along with a series of editing tools, including brushes, masking tools, layers, clone and stamp tools, and the ability to batch process images.
- Tone Curve, HSL (Hue/Saturation/Luminance), and Color Toning tools can be used to efficiently adjust the brightness, contrast, and color rendering of photos.
- Built-in Lens Correction and Transform tools help to remove unwanted distortion, whether it be due to the lens in use or the vantage point where the photograph was taken.
- History Panel lets you retrace your steps and undo any unwanted edits.
- Luminar 4 can function as a standalone application, for installation on up to two computers, or as a plug-in with Apple Photos (Mac only), Aperture (Mac only), Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, or Photoshop Elements.
SanDisk 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory Card
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as RAW and burst photography, the 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 32GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which also guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 95 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s.
Built for extreme conditions, SanDisk's 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory Card is water, shock, x-ray, and temperature proof to help protect your data. A built-in write protect switch further helps to safeguard your content, while advanced Error Correction Code engine offers improved data integrity and card reliability during read and write operations. This memory card includes downloadable RescuePRO data recovery software, which is good for one year of use and helps you restore accidentally deleted images. The card is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.