- Internal recording of UHD 4K video is possible in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps using the full width of the sensor with 8-bit 4:2:0 color sampling using the 100Mbps XAVC S codec.
- Oversampled 4K recording is also possible, which uses a 6K capture area within the Super 35 area, for greater detail. This full pixel readout is void of pixel binning for higher quality imagery with reduced moiré and aliasing.
- Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps. The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x Slow& Quick Motion (S&Q) movie recording with the frame rate set to either 30p or 24p.
- In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
- 4K video recording also avails the ability to produce 8MP stills during playback by taking a frame grab from a movie and storing it as a separate file.
- Real-time Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized human subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes and for both stills and video.
- Eye AF can be used when photographing animal subjects, too, with any focusing mode when shooting stills.
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- The Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can be used for Touch Focus and Touch Tracking control and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
- In addition to autofocus, the a6100 also features a Peaking MF function to benefit manual focus control by highlighted sharp edges of contrast for a more objective means of acquiring sharp focus
- The SVGA Tru-Finder 1.44m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you're looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 420 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen.
- In addition to the battery, the a6100 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6100 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- A variable aperture of f/3.5-5.6 helps keep the lens' overall size and weight to a minimum.
- Due to a retractable design, this lens can be made to be extremely compact when not in use.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Four aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Power Zoom mechanism enables making smooth zoom movements, suitable for video recording, via the on-lens switch or via camera-based controls on select camera bodies.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- An internal focus design contributes to fast autofocus speeds and the minimum focus distance is just 9.8", suiting working with close-up subjects.
The Hunter 15 DSLR Holster Bag from Ruggard holds your mirrorless camera with lens attached, face down, in shooting position. When you're ready to shoot, simply remove your camera, get the shot and replace your camera in the bag. The zippered top of the bag opens away from your body for fast access to your gear. This also serves as a security feature since no one but you will be able to see inside the bag.
The bag has a water-repellent exterior and smooth polyester lining that helps prevent scratches to the finish of your camera/lens combo. Inside, there are two removable touch fastened strips that can be configured to support your gear.
For storage, there is a front zippered organizer panel, mesh side pocket and two side loops that accept optional pouches. On the inside of the quick-release flap, there are two touch fastened memory card pockets. The bag is carried by its removable shoulder strap, top carry handle or belt loop that will leave you hands free. The zippers have yellow pull tabs that make the bag easy to use while you're wearing gloves.
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 200 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.
The lightweight and compact MicroPod Tabletop Tripod from Magnus is a one-section support with sure-grip rubber feet that prevent it from sliding on smooth or tilted surfaces. The 5 oz tripod folds to a compact 7.3", which makes it easy to put in a backpack, camera bag, or your back pocket. With the legs folded, it becomes an ergonomic handle for handheld operation when you're shooting video.
The MicroPod can hold cameras up to 2.6 lb, and with a maximum height of 5.6", it becomes ideal for tabletop or macro photography. The integrated ball head has a 1/4"-20 threaded camera mount along with a collar that you can turn to lock your position in. The cut notch on the side of head enables you to place a camera at a 90° angle and the ball head can swivel a full 360°.