This B&H Kit combines the Behringer X32 Compact 40-Input, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console with the Behringer S16 Digital Stage I/O Box to create a simple and effective recording and mixing platform, well suited for recording studios and live venue applications.
Behringer X32 Compact 40-Input, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console with 16 Microphone Preamps
The X32 Compact 40-Channel, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console from Behringer provides a wealth of features in a compact design, ideal for professional live and recording applications. The mixer features 16 fully programmable MIDAS-designed mic preamps. The Main LCR (left, center, right) channels, 16 mix busses, and 6 independent matrix mix busses all have 6-band parametric EQs and integrated dynamics processing for excellent sonic tailoring capabilities.
The mixer has 16 analog XLR outputs, as well as 6 balanced line-level 1/4" Aux inputs and outputs, and two 1/4" headphone jacks. The talkback section allows you to communicate with the integrated mic or an external mic. The mixer also has a pair of AES50 ports that feature Klark Teknik SuperMAC networking capability for use with 48-channel digital snakes for ultra-low jitter and latency. The system also has an integrated expansion port that ships with a 32 x 32 XUF FireWire/USB audio card installed.
The built-in Virtual FX offers 8 true-stereo FX slots that deliver high-end simulations of popular processors, such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS, etc. The integrated high-power 40-bit floating-point DSP system delivers "unlimited" dynamic range, no internal overload, and near-zero latency between inputs and outputs for top-quality performance. The mixer also has 6 mute groups and 8 DCA groups.
The intuitive interface offers ease-of-use with a dedicated channel strip section that has direct-access controls. There is also a high-resolution 7" color TFT display with associated controls and individual RGB backlit graphic LCDs on every channel. The unit has 17 motorized 100mm faders for extensive user-definable control.
The system has a USB flash connector to provide file storage for uncompressed recordings, show presets, and system updates. There are also connections that support the P-16 personal monitoring system, AES/EBU stereo digital outputs, and MIDI. Adjustable line delays are available on all of the physical inputs and outputs.
Other features of the X32 Compact include networked remote control or show setups with the included remote editor software via USB and Ethernet ports. You can even conveniently handle the scene management duties of complex productions. All of these features are packed into a compact and durable enclosure to ensure a long life of professional use.
Free Control Software Applications
Versatile and Expandable
Behringer S16 Digital Snake I/O Box
The Behringer S16 Digital Snake I/O Box takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the talent monitor. It provides 16 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps, 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH through a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router.
This I/O box is designed with multiple scenarios in mind; it works equally well as a stand-alone pair for use with analog mixing consoles, or as part of the trio of a digital mixing solution along with the X32 digital mixer and P16 personal monitoring system. It is a 16-in and 8-out stage box that features AES50 networking with the Klark Teknik SuperMAC technology.
The 16 Midas-designed XLR inputs are fully programmable and remote controllable from the X32 digital mixer. The 8 balanced XLR outputs provide ample sends to the stage for mains and monitoring. The front panel also allows the level and phantom power to be controlled for all inputs and outputs, accompanied by an 8-LED meter and 7-segment display. The currently selected channel can be monitored in mono through a 1/4” TRS headphone jack with level control.
The dual AES50 jacks allow transmission of all audio and MIDI data to the X32 FOH with a single Ethernet cable, and also allow up to three S16 boxes to be cascaded for maximum channel count. In this scenario, 48 bi-directional audio channels at 24-bit / 48 kHz can be transferred on just one CAT5 line between the FOH console and the stage, including 48 analog inputs from stage, 24 analog outputs on stage, as well as the 16 Ultranet channels, MIDI data, and head amp remote control.
An additional Ultranet output provides 16 channels for use with the P16 personal monitoring system through the Ethernet cable, allowing each musician to dial in his or her own custom mix from the stage. A pair of ADAT ports can carry additional sends to the stage beyond the 8 analog outputs, or split the 16 inputs. Lastly, a USB jack allows for future firmware updates.
Stand-Alone Snake Mode
Remotely Controllable Preamps Make Setup a Breeze
Seamless Integration with P16 Personal Monitoring System
Klark Teknik AES50
- 48 bi-directional audio channels over CAT5 cable (48 kHz)
- 24 bi-directional audio channels over CAT5 cable (96 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration, total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- 16 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC networking capability for low jitter and latency
- Up to 328’ (100m) networking capability via CAT5e cable (sold separately)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading units; no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI in / out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 to 240 V), noise-free audio, superior transient response, and low power consumption for energy saving
- Built like a tank, yet compact; all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis
- High-quality components and rugged construction ensure long life