This Canon XA11 Camcorder Master Starter Kit from B&H has been assembled to provide you with a shoot-ready HD shooting package, including a Full HD camcorder, high-capacity memory card, a spare battery pack, UV filter to protect your lens, and a hard-shell water-resistant bag for carrying your camera and accessories. The XA11 features a native 1920 x 1080 CMOS sensor, 20x integrated zoom lens, frame rates up to 59.94 as well as 24p, and an HDMI output. The camera features both an EVF and a 3.5" flip-out OLED touchscreen. It features a built-in stereo microphone and has a removable top handle that adds two 3-pin XLR audio inputs with manual level control.
The included 128GB SDXC card is a UHS 1-type card with a V30 rating, guaranteeing a minimum write speed of 30 MB/s, and it supports a maximum 170 MB/s read and 90 MB/s write speeds. The BP-828-type battery pack packs a whopping 2670mAh capacity and is larger than the battery pack that comes with the camcorder. The included UV filter threads onto the front of the camcorder's lens to protect its front surface, while the multicoating preserves the contrast of your image and the UV protection helps cut through haze. The included video bag features a water-resistant shell with weather-sealed zippers, movable dividers, and a wide-opening top for easy access to your gear.
Canon XA11 Compact Full HD Camcorder with HDMI and Composite Output
The Canon XA11 Full HD Camcorder is a compact run-and-gun camera that is suitable for ENG, event coverage, and independent and documentary filmmaking. The camera features a 1/2.84", 1920 x 1080 CMOS sensor that captures video at various frame rates up to 59.94p, including a 24p mode for a more cinematic feel. The integrated Canon 20x HD optical zoom lens has a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 26.8 to 576mm and features an 8-bladed iris to render highlights more naturally.
The final piece in the image chain is Canon's DIGIC DV 4 image processor. This high-speed image-processing engine powers Canon's Dynamic IS (Image Stabilization) mode reducing image distortion over traditional up-down, left-right image stabilization by adding correction for camera roll in three axes. The power of the DIGIC DV 4 allows the camera to simultaneously encode your video to two different codecs and bit rates, allowing you to have web-ready versions of your master footage available as soon as you stop recording.
The XA11 features both a 3.5" OLED touch panel view screen with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, and a color electronic viewfinder with 1,560,000 dots of resolution. The camera features full manual control and auto modes for exposure, focus, white balance, gain, and shutter speed. The camera provides professional features such as a pre-record buffer, peaking, zebra bars, color bars, and reference tone. The zoom speed is adjustable with variable, constant (with 16 different speed levels), fast, normal, and slow settings. The camera features a detachable top handle with zoom toggle, record start/stop, IR emitter, tally light, accessory shoe, external mic holder, two XLR connectors with phantom power, and manual audio level controls. The XA11 includes a built-in headphone jack and Mini HDMI connector, and it outputs composite video and audio via a 3.5mm mini-jack.
Two built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots allow you to record video to available media cards in both slots at the same time. This allows you to create an instant backup copy for archiving and data protection. You can also capture high-resolution AVCHD or MP4 video files on one card while creating a lower data rate MP4 more suitable for the web on the other card. When using two media cards and the camera is in Relay mode, there is no need to stop shooting to swap out a full media card; when one card becomes full, recording seamlessly switches to the other card.
Canon Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Sensor
20x Optical Zoom Lens
DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- Zebra bars selectable between 70 and 100% are available to help you judge exposure.
- The XA11 features peaking and 2x image magnification as focus aids.
- The camera can display and record color bars or color bars with reference tone. The color bars comply with the SMPTE standards. Reference tone levels can be set at -12, -18, or -20 dB.
3" OLED Touch Panel View Screen and EVF
Manual Camera Control
- The XA11 features selectable manual/automatic control on the camera functions, allowing you to choose the best settings for the situation. Functions include: Exposure, Shutter Speed, Iris, Gain, Exposure Lock, AGC Limit.
- White Balance features six presets (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent H, and Fluorescent), as well as two manual white balance settings. Additionally, when specific adjustment of the color temperature is desired, the color temperature may be adjusted in 100K increments from 2000 to 15,000K.
- The camera's body features five user assignable buttons so you can customize the camera to access features without having to enter the menu system.
Media Card Slots
- Dual recording: Allows you to simultaneously record the same footage to different media cards using different codecs and bit rates.
- Double-slot recording: Allows you to record simultaneously to each of the two SD memory card slots, providing an instant backup for your footage.
- Relay recording: The XA11 automatically switches video recording from one memory card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
Infrared Shooting Mode
- USB: An integrated Hi-Speed USB (mini-B) port allows you to download footage from the memory cards. This port is for output only.
- Remote control port: The camera features a built-in 2.5mm stereo mini-jack for LANC control.
Detachable Top Handle
- Photo capture: The XA11 offers the ability to capture 1920 x 1080 still images. Photos may be captured to an SD memory card during recording, as well as "frame-grabbed" during playback.
- Pre-record: The XA11 continuously buffers approximately three seconds of video in memory. When you begin recording, the contents of the buffer memory are added allowing you to capture footage before you press record.
- Intelligent battery system: The XA11 is compatible with Canon's Intelligent lithium-ion batteries, which communicate remaining running time (down to the minute) to the user.
- Language support: The XA11 supports 27 languages: Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Swedish, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Farsi, Thai, Chinese (simplified characters), Chinese (traditional characters), Korean, and Japanese.
SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 128GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 170 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.
Transfer Speeds up to 170 MB/s
Record 4K UHD Video
Sequential Burst Mode Shots
Durability You Can Count On
Recover Images You Accidentally Deleted
Watson BP-828 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.4V, 2670mAh)
The Watson BP-828 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack works with the same cameras as the Canon BP-828. This replacement battery pack features a capacity of 2670mAh, 7.4V of output power, and 19.758 Watt-hours. Small and lightweight, lithium-ion batteries can be charged or discharged at any time without developing memory effect.
Chiaro 58mm 95-UVAT UV Filter
The 58mm 95-UVAT UV Filter is one of Chiaro’s highly-rated protective UV filters with 95% light transmission. It’s useful for photographers of all levels who demand high-quality glass and other essential features for great image fidelity and construction.
To achieve 95% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished optical glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. A hard-anodized aluminum filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it’s thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.
95% Light Transmission
Polished Optical Glass
Hard Anodized Aluminum Construction
Arco Video Dr. Bag 20
The Video Doctor Bag 20 from Arco is designed to carry and protect video cameras and rigs up to 16.5" long, as well as additional equipment and accessories. Ideal for the videographer on-the-go, the bag features a hard outer shell lined with water-resistant fabric, interior padding, and weather-sealed YKK zippers to help protect your gear from shocks, moisture, and dust. In addition, the bag is supported by a metal frame to ensure that the bag won't lose its shape or collapse when open. The top-loading bag has an extra-wide opening that makes it easy to access your gear, and removable padded dividers with touch-fastener strips that let you custom-configure the interior to suit a wide-range of cameras and accessories. The interior padded bucket is completely removable for quick and easy access to your gear.
On the inside of the bag, integrated tie-down straps are provided to secure your gear and prevent it from shifting during transport. A combination of tear-resistant ripstop nylon and a soft polyester nylon lining helps prevent scratches and other damage to your gear. To accommodate additional accessories, the bag exterior features a large zippered pocket and a pair of touch-fastener pockets. The bag is carried using a top handle, side pull handles, or an included shoulder strap. Additionally, it can be used with an optional trolley system using the built-in trolley strap on the bottom of the bag.
- Fits video cameras and rigs up to 16.5" long
- Hard exterior shell with water-resistant polyester fabric and weather-sealed zippers
- Wide-opening for easy access to gear, with an additional touch-fastener loop provided to keep the bag open
- Camera compartment is completely removable
- Removable interior dividers with touch fastener strips for customized storage
- Interior ripstop and soft nylon lining
- Tie-down straps to secure camera and other gear and prevent shifting during transport
- Carried using top handle, side pull handles, or included shoulder strap
- Exterior pockets for additional accessories
- Interlocking zippers let you add an optional security lock
- Full-length bottom trolley strap for convenient transport