The black Olympus DS-9000 Digital Voice Recorder with ODMS R7 Software and Accessories Bundle includes the DS-9000 digital voice recorder, dictation management software, a charging cradle, and an AC adapter. With versatile dual-mic technology, secure file encryption, and a shockproof body, the DS-9000 empowers you to achieve high-quality recordings day after day.
The DS-9000's motion sensor and voice-activated recording ensure that you won't miss the start of any lecture, meeting, or presentation while simultaneously saving time, conserving battery life, and avoiding wasted storage space. The integral triple-layer pop filter attenuates noise from breathing and wind to yield cleaner and more professional recordings.
Specifically designed to capture dictation on the go, the Olympus DS-9000 is a portable digital recorder that provides clear and accurate speech recognition with noise reduction, superior encryption security, and a simplified workflow. It features an intelligent dual-microphone system, which controls the directionality of the pickup pattern to keep the focus on the person dictating while suppressing ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports, and other loud environments.
Designed to be rugged and dependable, the DS-9000 is equipped with a shockproof body that is drop-resistant from falls of up to 4.9". An ergonomic slide switch with Rec / Stop / Play / Rew controls makes recording, editing, and playback comfortable and fast. Index marks can be placed into a file during recording or playback for quick and easy identification of important parts within the recording. The classic, intuitive interface allows for single-handed operation without having to look at the screen. The recorder also features motion sensor technology, which allows the user to wake up the device and have it immediately start recording simply by picking it up. Built-in VCVA technology automatically tracks pauses in a speaker's dictation to save time, power, and recording space.
To protect your sensitive information, the DS-9000 offers a 256-bit AES data encryption function that keeps your recordings secure on the recorder along with a PIN lock to prevent unauthorized access to the device. Included is a license for the dictation module of the Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) Release 7 software (download separately). The software allows you to convert your dictation into a transcribed text and securely share it via email, a shared folder, or FTP.
The DS-9000 also features a 2.4" LCD color display and a built-in speaker. It is powered by the included lithium-ion battery, rechargeable via the included USB cable or an AC adapter (available separately). It ships with a microSD card and a carry case.
- Portable voice recorder for dictation on the go
- Clear and accurate speech recognition with noise reduction
- Ergonomic slide-switch operation for fast response—Rec / Stop / Play / Rew
- Intuitive interface with 2.4" LCD color display allows for single-handed operation
- Headphone jack
- External microphone jack
- Built-in speaker
- Rugged body design is resistant up to a 4.9' fall
- Optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure
- 2GB microSD card provides approximately 306 hours of recording time in DSS Pro SP format
- Lithium-ion battery rechargeable via USB cable or AC adapter (available separately)
- Alcohol-wipe-resistant body
- Compatible with Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 and Mac OS 10.10 to 10.13
- Compatible with USB 2.0 for fast data transfer to a computer
- Intelligent dual-microphone system suppresses unwanted background noise
- Directional stereo recording optimized for conference settings
- Triple-layer pop filter reduces additional wind and breath noise
- Three levels of microphone sensitivity—High / Middle / Low
- Motion sensor technology allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up
- VCVA technology automatically tracks pauses in a speaker's dictation
- DSS, DSS Pro, WAV, and MP3 recording formats
- Insert, overwrite, append, and partially erase recordings
- Full-duplex recording with headphones
- Index marks for dictation tagging
- Level meter, VCVA indicator
- Create and name up to seven folders
- Hands-free dictation, standalone transcription with RS-31 footswitch (available separately)
- Speed: Slow / Normal / Fast
- Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
- Cue / Review functions
- Secures recordings on the device
- 256-bit AES file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec
- PIN lock to prevent unauthorized access to device
- Can be used as an external computer microphone
- Can control computer ODMS application
- Accessibility: Various settings related to user authorization—prohibiting erasing of files, menu settings
- Splash message: Option to set personalized welcome message during start up
- Main button guide: Shows current slide switch function on display
- Alarms: Option to set alarms for particular occasions—beeping noise
- Customizable display content: Option to customize information shown on display
- Programmable buttons: 3
- Single-user and workgroup installation
- Server installations including license manager and manager tools (available separately)
- Citrix / WTS / Thin client support
- English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Italian
- Converts your dictation into a transcribed text
- Share dictation files via email, a shared folder, or FTP
- Multilingual speech recognition support with desired-language package of Dragon (available separately)
- Includes license for dictation module—download software separately from company web site
The CR-21 Cradle from Olympus is a multi-function docking station for your Olympus DS-9500 and DS-9000 Dictation Systems. As is, it will allow you to charge your DS-9500 / DS-9000. A LAN connection is available for use with the DS-9500. If you incorporate the Olympus RS-27H or RS-31H footswitch, sold separately, the cradle will allow for hands-free dictation with the DS-9500 / DS-9000, providing for easy data transfer to your computer (Mac or PC).