Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G Lens
Compact and Fast Zoom for APS-C
G Lens Series
- Four aspherical elements, including two AA (Advanced Aspherical) elements, help to greatly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to accurately render scenes with a high degree of sharpness.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Wide-to-portrait-length 16-55mm zoom is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-82.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture enables greater control over depth of field and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Handling
- XD Linear Motor system provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that suits both photo and video applications.
- Linear Response manual focus control offers more natural handling and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
Compact and Durable Design
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Portable design measures 4" long and weighs just over 1 lb, making it an ideal companion for the smaller size of APS-C camera bodies.
ZEISS Lens Cleaning Kit
This Lens Cleaning Kit from ZEISS is a complete solution for cleaning valuable optics such as camera lenses, eyeglasses, telescopes, or spotting scopes.
Both wet and dry cleaning tools are provided. For blowing dust off an optical surface, the air blaster can be used, while the retractable lipstick-style cleaning brush can dislodge more stubborn dirt or dust particles.
When a thorough wet cleaning is required, a 1 oz bottle of cleaning fluid or ten, individually-wrapped pre-moistened lens wipes are available. Designed for single use, these wipes come in individual, disposable packets. They can be stored in a camera bag, glove compartment, studio, or lens case for whenever they may be needed.
The non-abrasive, 7.1 x 7.1" microfiber cloth can be used after applying fluid or one of the pre-moistened wipes in order to complete the cleaning process and ensure that no streaks or spots remain. It can also be used on its own to effectively remove smudges.
A fabric travel case is also included to hold the contents of the entire kit.
Chiaro Pro 67mm 98-UVAT UV Filter
The Pro 67mm 98-UVAT UV Filter is one of Chiaro’s highest-rated protective UV filters with 98% light transmission. It’s ideal for photographers who demand high-quality glass and other essential features for excellent image fidelity and construction.
To achieve 98% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished optical glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. Resistance coating improves the scratch resistance of the glass, and helps assure that water, oil, dust, and fingerprints are removed with a gentle wipe. A hard-anodized aluminum filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it’s thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so that you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.