Ideal for hiking and trail running, the blue Fenix HL18RW Rechargeable LED Headlight is outfitted with separate spotlight and floodlight LEDs that provide the right amount and type of light you need to be safe when you're out after dark.
A single Cree XP-G3 S3 LED provides the throw required for the spotlight and outputs up to 500 lumens to light the way far ahead while two Everlight 2835 LEDs produce a wide flood of light for close work like packing bags or cooking. An emergency SOS mode on the floodlight signals for assistance with a long runtime if you're in distress and are waiting for rescue personnel. A simple two-button interface—one for the spotlight and one for the flood—controls the outputs, and the head can tilt down as much as 60° for precise beam placement.
Designed for outdoor use, the housing is made of a tough and lightweight polycarbonate that is resistant to impacts, temperature, and corrosion. It is IP66 rated to be highly water and dust resistant and also drop rated to over 3 feet. An adjustable-fit headband has blue trim to match the housing color and features reflective panels to improve your visibility to traffic with perforations that reduce weight and provide better breathability.
The light is driven by a Li-ion battery pack that charges in the light via an integrated charging port and included USB cord. The light can also run on user-supplied AAA batteries if you run the Li-ion battery pack down and need to keep going. An integrated LED battery charge indicator gives you immediate feedback on how much charge is left in the battery.
- Powerful spotlight LED is optimized for a long throw
- Two secondary floodlight LEDs provide a wide spread of light for performing tasks at close range like reading, cooking, or packing
- One Cree XP-G3 S3 cool white spotlight LED produces a beam with a slight blue tinge that is easy on the eye
- Two secondary Everlight 2835 white floodlight LEDs output a bright, even beam
- Textured orange peel reflectors produce smooth and even beams without holes or hotspots
- Output defaults to Low setting so as to not overwhelm dark-adjusted eyes
- Emergency 30-lumen SOS floodlight mode automatically and continuously cycles through the Morse code sequence for up to 120 hours
- Low 30-lumen output maximizes runtime for long hikes in low light such as pre-dawn and late dusk
- 130-lumen medium balances beam brightness with runtime for general-purpose use
- High 500 lumens
- Low 4 lumens is ideal for reading and performing tasks like packing or unpacking bags
- 30-lumen high provides maximum illumination for cooking or setting up camp and tents
- 30-lumen SOS mode has a long runtime for emergency situations where assistance may take time to arrive
- Type: Dual push buttons
- Location: Top of light head
- Constant-on activation only
- Separate buttons for spotlight and floodlight
- Click to activate, continue to click to cycle through outputs
- 60° adjustable head angle allows for precise beam placement
- Blue polycarbonate housing is resistant to impacts, temperature, and corrosion
- IP66-rated to be water resistant against driving rain and dust resistant
- Impact resistant to drops of up to 3.3'
- Wide -31 to 113°F (-35 to 45°C) operating temperature range
- Adjustable-fit headband with matching blue trim has reflective panels for improved visibility to passing cars and is perforated to reduce weight and improve breathability
- Compact design is easy and comfortable to wear for long periods without causing neck strain
- Lightweight at less than 3 ounces with battery pack and headband
Battery and Charging
- Includes a rechargeable 1300mAh Li-ion battery pack
- Integrated USB charging port allows battery pack to be charged in the light via included USB charging cord
- Average charge time is 2.5 hours, depending on remaining charge in battery
- Easy-to-read battery level indicator under light head
- Capable of running on three user-supplied NiMH or NiCd AAA batteries but with reduced runtimes for all outputs