Designed for the AR platform and ideally suited for close and mid-range applications, the Riton Optics 1-4x24 RT-S IR Mod 3 Gen2 Riflescope is a scope that can be used for 3-Gun competitions, varmint hunting, or close-quarter engagements.
The low magnification provides near reflex sight performance on 1x power with the wide field of view, simple reticle layout, and fast target acquisition you need for CQB while still offering a 1:4 zoom that allows you to clearly see and identify targets at medium range. Complementing the zoom range is a suite of optical technologies that are designed to enhance your view. First is the use of high-density glass, which minimizes distortion and light absorption to transmit bright and clear images. Next Riton employs both broadband anti-reflection and hydrophobic lens coatings. This combination of glass and lens coatings produces views with sharp resolution and high contrast in all light conditions.
The reticle, located on the second (rear) focal plane, features a simple duplex design with ballistic drop compensation (BDC) dots that provide accurate aiming points at 100-yard increments calibrated specifically for the 55 grain 5.56 cartridges popular with AR platforms. The center aiming hairs and BDC tree are illuminated to provide a clear aiming point in all light conditions, with 11 intensity levels to choose from using the strategically placed rheostat located on the top of the fast-focus eyepiece. Exposed tactical turrets provide 1/2 MOA per click impact point correction with wide 150 MOA windage and elevation adjustment ranges that allow you to precisely place your shots at distance.
To withstand the repeated recoil of regular use, the one-piece maintube is made of lightweight but strong 6061-T6 aluminum with a robust 30mm diameter. At less than 10 inches long and weighing just over a pound, the overall form factor of the scope won't add excessive weight or bulk to your rifle, so you can move quickly and maneuver it with ease. The housing is nitrogen filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions and temperatures.
- 1-4x magnification is ideal for close to medium-range applications, 3-Gun competitions, and varmint hunting—with the low power offering near-reflex sight target acquisition and tracking speed
- Compact 24mm objective lens presents a low profile and light weight to make maneuvering through cluttered and close quarters easier with reduced snag potential
- High-density glass provides enhanced light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color
- Broadband anti-reflection lens coatings reduce surface reflections across the entire visible spectrum, improving light transmission
- Hydrophobic lens coatings repel water, grease, skin oils, and lens surface contaminants that can impair view clarity
- Spacious 112-foot field of view at 100 yards on 1x power, 27-foot on 4x
Illuminated BDC Duplex Reticle
- Modified duplex ballistic drop compensation configuration is specifically designed for 55 grain 5.56 cartridges
- Second focal plane placement: Reticle size remains constant throughout the zoom range, covering less of the target at low power and more at high power to improve shot placement precision—BDC subtensions are only accurate at 4x power
- Long and thick, non-illuminated outer posts on the horizontal and upper vertical axes provide a clear center at low power
- Illuminated thin center aiming hairs are ideal for improved precision at high power and in low light conditions
- Lower vertical axis has an illuminated thin hair extending down through the field of view with illuminated dots placed at regular intervals to provide aiming points at 100-yard increments
- 11-level variable intensity illumination controlled via rheostat strategically located on eyepiece
- Runs on one included CR2032 battery
Use and Handling
- Fast-focus eyepiece enables users to achieve tack-sharp views quickly
- Exposed finger-adjustable tactical turrets enable fast and fine adjustments in the field
- 1/2 MOA per click impact point correction
- Exceptional 220 MOA windage and elevation adjustment ranges
- Push-pull locking zero reset turrets
- Long 3.9" eye relief provides a generous eye box to enhance comfort while looking through the eyepiece
- Comfortable exit pupil at all magnifications for easy use in low or challenging light
- 4.8" mounting length
- Sturdy 30mm maintube provides the strength to hold up to repeated recoil
- Lightweight and durable 6061-T6 aluminum housing
- Scratch-resistant and reflection-limiting matte black anodized finish
- Nitrogen filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme environments
- Compact length at less than 10 inches long
- 21-ounce weight