Designed to deliver precise tactical performance in all weather and conditions, the Riton Optics 1-8x28 RT-S Mod 7 IR-T Riflescope is a versatile and rugged aiming aid that will get you on target at all ranges.
The low magnification provides near-reflex sight performance on 1x power with the wide field of view, simple reticle layout, and fast target acquisition you need for close quarters work, while still offering a generous zoom that allows you to clearly see and identify targets at longer ranges. Complementing the zoom range is a suite of optical technologies that are designed to enhance your view. First is the use of high-density extra-low dispersion glass, which minimizes distortion and light absorption to transmit bright and clear images. Next, Riton employs both broadband anti-reflection and hydrophobic lens coatings. This combination of glass and lens coatings produces views with sharp resolution and high contrast in all light conditions.
The reticle, located on the first (front) focal plane, is a hybrid design that combines the highly effective German style with illuminated center hairs and hash marks that you can use for ballistic drop compensation or to estimate the range to and size of targets. For CQB, there is a horseshoe-dot in the center to provide a more reflex sight-style reticle for fast acquisition when shooting with both eyes open. If you run the battery down or prefer not to use illumination, the reticle will appear black, so you still have an accurate and versatile working reticle. Capped low-profile turrets provide 1/2 MOA per click impact point correction with wide 175 MOA windage and elevation adjustment ranges that allow you to precisely place your shots at a distance.
To withstand the repeated recoil of regular use, the one-piece maintube is made of lightweight but strong 6061-T6 aluminum with a robust 34mm diameter. At under 11 inches long and weighing 25 ounces, the overall form factor of the scope won't add excessive weight or bulk to your rifle, so you can move quickly and maneuver it with ease. The housing is argon filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions and temperatures.
- 1-8x magnification is ideal for close to longer medium-range applications with the low power offering near-reflex sight target acquisition and tracking speed
- 28mm objective lens presents a relatively low profile and light weight to make maneuvering through cluttered and close quarters easier with reduced snag potential
- High-density extra-low dispersion glass provides enhanced light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color
- Broadband anti-reflection lens coatings reduce surface reflections across the entire visible spectrum, improving light transmission
- Hydrophobic lens coatings repel water, grease, skin oils, and lens surface contaminants that can impair view clarity
- Spacious 142-foot field of view at 100 yards on 1x power, 17.5-foot on 8x
Illuminated Tactical Mod 1 Reticle
- Hybrid German 4 reticle with fast red-dot features
- First focal plane placement is ideal for precise tactical hunting and shooting; the reticle size changes in proportion to the magnification and maintains consistent subtensions throughout the zoom range
- Short, thin, non-illuminated outer posts
- Illuminated center hairs on the horizontal and lower vertical axes with hash marks for ballistic drop compensation, wind correction, and size/range estimation are ideal for precise long-distance applications that won't obstruct smaller targets
- Illuminated horseshoe and center aiming dot allow for fast and accurate target acquisition and tracking on low power—similar to a dot-sight reticle
- Six selectable intensity levels enable the perfect intensity to suit the light conditions and personal preferences
- Dedicated illumination turret with "off" positions between each level for fast and easy return to preferred intensity
- Runs on one included CR2032 battery
- Entire reticle will appear as black when not illuminated to allow its use in the event of a battery failure
Use and Handling
- Fast-focus eyepiece enables users to achieve tack-sharp views quickly
- Low-profile capped windage and elevation dials keep dirt and debris from fouling the adjustment mechanism
- 1/2 MOA per click impact point correction
- Exceptional 175 MOA windage and elevation adjustment ranges
- Push-pull locking zero-reset turrets
- Parallax fixed at 100 yards
- Long 4" eye relief provides a generous eye box to enhance comfort while looking through the eyepiece
- Wide 14mm exit pupil on 1x for easy use in low or challenging light
- Large 34mm maintube provides the room required for the wide windage and elevation adjustment ranges
- Lightweight and durable 6061-T6 aluminum housing
- Scratch-resistant and reflection-limiting matte black anodized finish
- Argon filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme environments
- 7.3" (18.6cm) mounting length
- Length: 10.9"
- 25-ounce weight