The Ice 72mm CO ND1000 Neutral Density 3.0 Filter is a neutral density filter with a 1000x filter factor that provides a 10-stop exposure reduction. Its 3.0 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing a photograph to be made with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. Increasing the aperture provides finer control over depth of field to help isolate the subject and slowing the exposure time conveys movement and increases blur. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes eight layers of anti-reflection coating. The nano-resistance coating offers improved beading effect when in contact with water, for effective use in harsh environments, and allows for more efficient cleaning. This neutral density filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It features an aluminum alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- 3.0 neutral density filter darkens entire image area
- Provides a 10-stop exposure reduction
- Controls depth of field, conveys movement, increases blur
- Does not affect coloration of the image
- Can be used with other filters
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- Eight layers of multi-coatings on each surface prevent internal ghosting and flare
- Water-resistant nano coating for easy cleaning
- Lightweight, durable aluminum alloy filter ring
- 72mm front filter threads allow use with other filters
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport