Designed for shooters who require highly precise first-shot accuracy, the Steiner 1-8x24 M8Xi IFS Riflescope gives you the flexibility you need to quickly and easily transition from close quarter to longer-range situations with the addition of a suite of technology and features that will give you the confidence you need when every pull of the trigger is critically important. Among the tech and features packed into the riflescope are: An integrated ballistic computer with Bluetooth connectivity to a companion smartphone app, a powerful 8:1 zoom range, a specially designed partially illuminated reticle, and a wide elevation adjustment range optimized for long distances.
The Intelligent Firing Solution (IFS) has an integrated customizable in-view display that provides all the important information you need in real time. The built in ballistic calculator and sensor suite determines your round's point of impact using information such as temperature, air pressure, inclination, and wind drift as well as bullet, load, and ballistic information you input through the app. Just turn the turrets until the distance and wind correction in the display match the information you've either input or gotten from other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a Kestrel weather meter, and you will be on target. The display provides information about leveling and the current turret setting so you don't have to take your eye off the target, and the entire user interface can be customized to fit the conditions, mission, or personal preference.
The low magnification provides near reflex sight performance on 1x power with the wide field of view, simple reticle layout, and fast target acquisition you need for CQB while still offering a maximum 8x zoom that allows you to clearly see and identify targets at longer ranges. This versatility allows operators to quickly move from clearing rooms to outdoor engagements with ease and efficiency. A simple reticle design provides an open and uncluttered field of view, and its first focal plane placement ensures that its subtensions remain consistent throughout the entire zoom range. Complementing the reticle are exposed tactical turrets that provide a precise 0.1 MRAD impact point correction with audible and tactical clicks and a broad 26 MRAD elevation adjustment range.
To withstand the rigors of daily training and tactical engagements, the riflescope is outfitted with a robust 34mm maintube that also permits the broad elevation adjustment range. The aluminum alloy tube is purged with nitrogen to make it fogproof in extreme conditions and submersible to a depth of 33 feet, and it has a broad operating temperature from a bone-chilling -40°F up to a sweltering 160°F. A matte black anodized finish protects the maintube from scratches and corrosion and limits its reflection to ensure a reflective flare won't give away a position accidentally. With rail space always at a premium, the scope's short length leaves plenty of room on your rail for additional optics, thermal imagers, or night vision devices (NVDs).
- 1-8x magnification range provides near reflex sight target acquisition and tracking on low power with the ability to place shot precisely at longer range
- 24mm objective lens keeps the profile low for fast movement and freer mobility through brush or tight quarters
- Broadband anti-reflection coatings maximize light transmission to improve color, clarity, and contrast
- Wide 96-foot field of view at 100 yards on 1x, 14-foot on 8x
G2B Mil-Dot Reticle Details
- First focal plane placement is ideal for long-range precision hunting, shooting, and tactical engagements; the reticle size changes in proportion to the magnification and maintains consistent subtensions throughout the zoom range
- Ideal for shooters who prefer an uncluttered field of view and uncomplicated reticle design
- Short thick outer posts
- Illuminated center hairs with hash marks and intermediate stadia lines
- Marks on the hairs provide easy wind compensation and ballistic drop compensation at various distances
- Partial illumination with 11 selectable levels: 1-4 when using NVDs, 5-7 for nighttime operations, and 8-11 bright settings for daylight operations
- Runs on one included CR2032 battery
Intelligent Firing Solution (IFS) System
- Integrated ballistics calculator with environmental sensor system—temperature, atmospheric pressure, inclination, and wind drift—determines the projectile's point of impact
- Display provides information about leveling and the current turret setting in the field of view
- Communicates with smartphone app via Bluetooth connectivity to calculate precise shot placement based on various factors, including load, environmental conditions, range to target, and shooting angle
- Interface with Kestrel ballistic wind and weather meters through the same app
- App allows the user to save multiple ballistic profiles for different loads, rifles, and/or calibers
- Completely customizable display allows user to tailor the information provided, where it is placed in the field of view, and brightness based on the conditions, mission, and personal preference
- 5-button user interface is simple and intuitive to use in the field
- IFS sensor system runs on an AA battery that runs independent of the reticle power system, allowing it to work even if reticle illumination battery is dead
Use and Handling
- Exposed tactical turrets enable fast adjustments in the field with audible and tactile clicks for precise adjustments without taking eyes off the target
- Precise 0.1 MRAD per click impact point correction
- Broad 26 MRAD elevation adjustment range is ideal for longer-range applications, with 12 MRAD windage adjustment
- Side-focus parallax adjustment
- 3.5" eye relief minimizes eyestrain
- Comfortable exit pupil at all magnifications
- Sturdy 34mm single-piece maintube maximizes light throughput and provides the room required for the wide elevation adjustment range
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
- Matte black anodized finish resists reflections to maintain cover position
- 11" tube leaves room on rail for additional gear like lights, lasers, and NVDs
- Nitrogen filled and sealed to be fogproof in extreme conditions and submersible to a depth of 33'
- Broad -40 to 160°F operating temperature range ensures peak performance in all climates and conditions