The 45° angled-viewing green Talos 20-60x80 Spotting Scope by Athlon combines a wide powerful zoom range with a large objective to give users the ability to clearly observe distant subjects without the dimming often associated with high-power optics—even in challenging light conditions.
Its versatile 20-60x zoom eyepiece provides the ability to take in wide generous vistas at its lowest power and then zoom in tight to make detailed observations and identifications. The 80mm objective lens draws in the large amounts of light needed to present bright images and to enhance the scope's capabilities in low-light conditions. Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, complemented by silver-coated prisms, allow for efficient light transmission through the optical path for crisp, high-contrast views with accurate color representation.
The angled eyepiece permits comfortable glassing whether standing, sitting, or lying flat on the ground. You can rotate the scope in its tripod collar a full 360° to put the eyepiece in the best position. The tripod collar is compatible with most quick-release plates or heads as well as an array of photo, video, and field tripods that have a 1/4"-20 mount. Its lightweight and impact-resistant composite chassis is nitrogen filled to be waterproof and resistant to fogging in humid conditions. To help get users going right out of the box, Athlon includes a compact tabletop tripod and a carrying case to safely store and transport both the scope and tripod.
- Powerful and wide 20-60x zoom magnification range enables detailed observations of distant subjects
- Large 80mm objective lens ensures images remain bright and clear through the zoom range, even in challenging light
- K9 prisms with highly reflective silver coatings help to limit light loss to improve contrast and clarity
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated lenses maximize light transmission to produce bright and clear views from dawn to dusk
- 83-foot field of view at 1000 yards at 20x power, and 48 feet at 60x
Use and Handling
- Eyepiece is set at a 45° angle to optical tube to provide a comfortable viewing position when sitting, standing, or lying prone
- Slip-resistant zoom ring and single-speed focusing knob are easy to use, even in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Rotating tripod collar allows the orientation of the eyepiece relative to the tripod to be rotated and adjusted for the most convenient and comfortable viewing position
- Integrated sight on front aids in finding subjects, allowing users to spend more time observing than finding their subject
- Long eye relief at all magnifications improves viewing comfort with less eye fatigue
- 4-1.3mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and impact-resistant composite chassis
- Chassis material is temperature resistant, limiting the expansion and contraction that can occur with metal materials and which can cause the optical components to move out of alignment over time
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions
- Standard 1/4"-20 mount for use with most heads and quick-release plates, photo/video/field tripods, and other support systems
- Rubberized green armor protects chassis from impacts, with textured details for a comfortable and slip-resistant gripping surface
- Convenient tabletop tripod enables use right out of the box
- Soft carrying case holds the spotting scope and included tripod