Designed for musicians, sound designers, synth collectors, and anyone looking to transmute vocals, transform synthesizers, and electronically encode sounds, the Moog 16-Channel Vocoder is the resumed production of the highly sought-after electronic instrument / processor, which continuously analyzes the timbral characteristics of one sound (Program) and imposes these timbral characteristics upon a second signal (Carrier).
Derived from the original vintage schematic, the Moog 16-Channel Vocoder's analog voice circuits are hand-soldered to preserve that classic 1978 sound. Some improvements have been made to the design including updated mechanical connectors and a modern power supply to improve reliability and long-term serviceability. Rest assured, the analog soul of this instrument and its unique character and idiosyncrasies remain unchanged. Use it to create beautiful choral accompaniments, lush analog articulations, expressive melodic voicings, and mind-bending percussive synth lines. The Moog 16-Channel Vocoder is powerful tool for analog sound design and is crafted to provide a lifetime of sonic experimentation and creative inspiration.
- Offers 16 patchable bands ranging from 50 to 5080 Hz
- Optimal encoding of the fundamental spectral characteristics of the human voice
- Selectable Direct mode passes an additional high-frequency channel (above 5080 Hz) to the vocoder output for better vocal intelligibility
- Ultrafast response time makes it useful for capturing the fast transients of percussive sounds
- Articulate the tonal characteristics of a sound when engaged
- Useful in creating sustained vocal phrases without pausing for breath
- Can be controlled via remote footswitch
- Use included patch cords
- Interconnect vocoder with other analog gear
- Create unusual cross patches, for selecting any frequency range of the Program, and impose those characteristics upon any frequency range of the Carrier
- Selectable Hiss (sibilance), Buzz (plosive), and Balance controls
- Allows for fine-tuned fundamental details of your electronic voice
- Sample/Hold, External Patch, and effect Status parameters may be remotely controlled for live performance via footswitch