Provide Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home with this ZenWiFi XT8 AX6600 Wireless Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System from ASUS. This system consists of two AX6600 6.6Gb/s routers that have the ability to cover up to 5500 square feet of your home, both inside and outside. This wireless coverage can be seamless, with a single name for the entire network, so you can move around your home without needing to reconnect from one router to the other.
The ZenWiFi system has been designed for easy and intuitive setup and network management, but gives you the ability to take control for a customized experience that's right for you. For example, you can have your mobile devices use all three wireless bands, or designate a 5 GHz band for backhaul operations to optimize the network speed of your devices. The ZenWiFi system also provides data security, parental controls, support for smart-home services, and is compatible with additional ASUS AiMesh components.
A backhaul connection is the network connection between the routers themselves and is not something your mobile devices can see or utilize. If you choose to not set one up, your mobile devices can use all 3 bands for network and internet access, but the routers will communicate on one of the 5 GHz bands. If you select to have a backhaul connection, the router and device traffic are separated, reducing possible network congestion.
This system also supports a wired backhaul solution. You can utilize one of the Ethernet ports on each router to connect to your existing network for a wired backhaul connection. This gives the routers a dedicated connection, while giving your mobile devices access to all three wireless bands.
- IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) blocks all common internet-based attacks
- Infection detection and blocking abilities help prevent data on already-infected devices from being compromised
- Utilizing Trend Micro's database, ZenWiFi can identify and block known malicious websites
- Internet Activity Dashboard: View everyone's internet activity on a graphical dashboard. See peak time and what content is being viewed. Group devices that children have access to and view aggregated data, apply scheduled block times, and content filters in just a few steps.
- Kid-Safe Preset: With a single checkbox, you can set a device or profile to automatically have filters applied for inappropriate content
- Schedule Block Time: Develop responsible behavior by setting specific time periods when devices can access the internet
- Content Filter: Lets you block specific categories of apps and sites, and allows you to apply those settings to all devices or those belonging to specific family members. Advanced filtering integrates with Trend Micro's Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) engine to not only filter websites, but internet packets of information themselves, so content is filtered in the browser and within mobile apps.
- Special designed vents for increased airflow
- Dual heatsinks for maximum heat dissipation
- 45° antenna to help provide a strong Wi-Fi signal in multi-story homes
- Vertical housing with space between the antennas and circuit board to help minimize Wi-Fi signal interference
- Quad-core CPU (with Wi-Fi) plus additional Wi-Fi chipset
- 1 x 2.5 Gb/s WAN and 3 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN ports